Would this work? vol. Red Lights

It looks like a good idea, but a lot of people would probably gun it as soon as the light turns (not that they don't already), but when you're sittingthere waiting for that last bar to fade more people might be inclined to just take off and smack right into someonespeeding through at the last second

Eko-Stoplight-by-Damjan-Stankovic.jpg

moz-screenshot.png
Eko-Stoplight-by-Damjan-Stankovic_1.jpg

Eko-Stoplight-by-Damjan-Stankovic-1.jpg

Looks pretty cool. But yeah people might try to "time it" more. But if you turn the other light red 2 seconds before the last bar on this one goesoff, then you don't really have that problem.

I stay looking at the opposing traffic light to hit yellow.

the innovation is nice but not necessary.

like the boxden said yellow lights should have this

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

they should put it on the green light

Or the yellow. It's like I'm on the damned mailing list for the HPD Photo Enforcement Department.

putting it on the yellow is pointless...the yellow stays lit for at most 3-4 seconds on avg..
putting it on the green is better since it's on longer, and it'll give drivers more of a notice before the light changes to yellow.

I think its ridiculous that they have cameras that can give you a ticket, but cant come up with something that tells the light that there isnt people comingfrom the other way and it doesnt have to stay green for 5 minutes. I hate waiting at a red light when there is nobody coming from the other directions.

putting it on the yellow is pointless...the yellow stays lit for at most 3-4 seconds on avg..
putting it on the green is better since it's on longer, and it'll give drivers more of a notice before the light changes to yellow.

but, when you're 50 feet away, you can't really see those bars. you're also driving and trying to be aware of what's around you.

The red makes sense because you're stopped and can pay more attention to it.

...I can multitask when I drive... noticing a green ring around a light while still paying attention to the road and other drivers is easy in my book.

and really... there's no financial or safety incentive to make this for red lights...just to let people know how long they'll be waiting?

putting it on the green would make more sense since in theory...it adds to safety by warning drivers of how long before the light changes.

ps. The usefulness of lights like this would probably make sense only at limited speeds -- 35-45 MPH residential roads.

they should put it on the green light

Where I am at the crosswalks have a countdown timer on it so you can time it when it turns yellow. Its kinda like the samething...

i think im going to have to agree with dirty on this one ...

with the way they lights work now lots of them are on sensors and having them on red light just seems like it would make the flow of traffic worse.

having it on the green light does make more sense cause you know, i have "x" amount of time then yellow comes which.

then only con i see them putting a +!+* load of cameras up !!!

i dont remember where, but a friend of mine traveled some place where the light sequence is green, then a blinking green light to let you know its going toturn yellow soon.

going 35-40mph....whos really gonna be checking for those little bars on the green light though?

Back
Top Bottom