Would U Rather Be All-NBA Or All-Star?

Originally Posted by hellomarco

it's not even a question
laugh.gif

Really though.
laugh.gif

All NBA no doubt and like others have said the two are rarely inseparable.

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

didn't Melo make All nba and not ASG one season?
yeah i think thats back when KG, TD and Dirk were killing it in the WC.

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

didn't Melo make All nba and not ASG one season?
Carmelo made the third team in '06 & '09 while missing the ASG.

Rod Strickland was second team in '98, and missed the ASG... then said if he was selected to play in the ASG the following season, he'd refuse.
laugh.gif
/
pimp.gif

What the hell kind of stupid question is this? If I made a starting 5 out of the worst all-stars in history, they would get owned by the worst starting 5 from all the players that have ever made an all-NBA team.

This sure would be a phenomenal team:

PG: 93-94 B.J. Armstrong
SG: 08-09 Mo Williams
SF: 01-02 Wally Szczerbiak
PF: 99-00 Dale Davis
C: 03-04 Jamaal Magloire

And I'm sure that there might be even worse combination you could make from previous all-stars. Not to mention ridiculous all-star spots that were obviously not worthy like T-Mac and Iverson this year. When you're all-NBA, you KNOW you're good.

%#+ is this question all about?
laugh.gif

Messed up logic by the thread starter. Yeah all-star mentions might outnumber all-nba mentions but usually once you're all-nba then you probably were an all-star for the season.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Xtapolapacetl wrote:

What the hell kind of stupid question is this? If I made a starting 5 out of the worst all-stars in history, they would get owned by the worst starting 5 from all the players that have ever made an all-NBA team.

This sure would be a phenomenal team:

PG: 93-94 B.J. Armstrong
SG: 08-09 Mo Williams
SF: 01-02 Wally Szczerbiak
PF: 99-00 Dale Davis
C: 03-04 Jamaal Magloire

And I'm sure that there might be even worse combination you could make from previous all-stars. Not to mention ridiculous all-star spots that were obviously not worthy like T-Mac and Iverson this year. When you're all-NBA, you KNOW you're good.

laugh.gif
 Wally averaged 18 ppg on a Playoff team that year so i guess thats why.  He was aight back then.

But to answer the question the players probably appreciate the All-NBA selections and the media the All-Star games.  All Star games add up.  Bill Russell only won All-NBA first team honors twice.  Granted Wilt may have gotten it a few of those years, but All-Star games really add up.

FrankyBaby I Think U Pretty Much Summed Up What I'm Trying To Say With The Russell/Chamberlain Comparison. Basically I'm Saying Your All-Star Appearances Seem to get more Recognition than All NBA Selections That's All.

Back
Top Bottom