Would you or do you go to sporting events by yourself?

would any of yall attend sporting events, whatever they may be, nba, mlb, etc...by yourself?

i've never done it myself, i dont see a problem with it though.

whats your opinion?

I would. As a matter of fact, I've actually thought about doing just that. It sucks to go to a pro sporting event (that I'm sure for most peopleisn't an everyday occasion) and you're really trying to soak in the game and the person that goes with you to the game isn't even much of a sportsfan, so they wanna talk the whole time
laugh.gif

Personally I couldn't do it.

But if you're a people person and can make friends at the game/tailgate sure, why not?

i've done it before.

went to a laker game after i couldn't find anyone to sell my tickets to. i could have gone with this chick, but i wanted to make her pay for theticket......
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
and she wasn't down with that.

so i went alone instead of taking her for free, having an extra ticket. it was fine, plenty of people around you to have random talk with. of course its waybetter if u go with someone, but if for whatever reason you might go alone, its not bad at all.

I did it for the first time this season and it was actually one of the best times I've had at a sporting event. All of the people around me were veryfriendly and very into the game. I was high 5ing random strangers and chattin it up w/ them, when normally, if I went with someone else, less of that wouldhave happened. So yes. I recommend it for the true sport fan.

It sucks to go to a pro sporting event (that I'm sure for most people isn't an everyday occasion) and you're really trying to soak in the game and the person that goes with you to the game isn't even much of a sports fan, so they wanna talk the whole time
laugh.gif

co-sign....i guess i'm pretty lucky that my older brother happens to be into sports like i am so when we go to games we're both reallyinto the action and not really talking. when i watch sports, i can't hold a conversation about something besides the game cuz it focuses my attention away.

i goto penn state basketball games by myself all the time.. actually, i'm usually the only one there at all, so it's cool.

Originally Posted by presequel

i've done it before.

went to a laker game after i couldn't find anyone to sell my tickets to. i could have gone with this chick, but i wanted to make her pay for the ticket......
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

so i went alone instead of taking her for free, having an extra ticket. it was fine, plenty of people around you to have random talk with. of course its way better if u go with someone, but if for whatever reason you might go alone, its not bad at all.

so did you sell the ticket or just sit next to an empty seat?
roll.gif

in my town, it's very hard to get tix so if you really want ot see a game live, you have to settle for single seats cuz that;s all that;s available....

I went to the Pacers vs Lakers NBA Finals back in 2000 by myself. I went to all 3 finals games here in Indianapolis. It was the only way to get a ticketfor face value. I got them all through ticketmaster. I knew I would never see the Pacers go to the finals again, and I had to go. I still dont regret it.

This season I bought 2 season tickets to the Indianapolis Colts games off of ebay. I only paid a little over face value for the seats. Season tickets tothe Colts were going way over face around here, so I got a pretty good deal. The only catch was that the seats were 2 rows apart but in the same section, andthe same seat. So I went to the games with someone else, but had to sit by myself. I didnt care, I got to see the NFL opening game against the Saints onThursday Night Football, and got to see the Patriots game. The whole section is Colts fans, so its not like you are the only one cheering on the team.

i never have, but probably would

i go to movies by myself and while it's a little different, i don't think i'd feel uncomfortable

i never have. i usually find someone to go with. i dont know how much fun i could have sitting a game all alone since im not one to just strike up aconversation with a random person at a game

I will when I'm older and get a better job.
laugh.gif

Expect to see JapanAir21 at Oracle arena a lot..
laugh.gif

If the Grizzlies had stayed in Vancouver, and me as old as I am, I could see myself goto basketball games by myself if no one else wanted to go.

Originally Posted by Meb07

Originally Posted by presequel

i've done it before.

went to a laker game after i couldn't find anyone to sell my tickets to. i could have gone with this chick, but i wanted to make her pay for the ticket......
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

so i went alone instead of taking her for free, having an extra ticket. it was fine, plenty of people around you to have random talk with. of course its way better if u go with someone, but if for whatever reason you might go alone, its not bad at all.

so did you sell the ticket or just sit next to an empty seat?
roll.gif

sold the ticket for like $20.....retail was $75
i didnt even sit next to the guy i sold it to.....i guess that guy sold it to someone else
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom