Would you paint these midsoles?

Got a real good deal on these and they are in good shape except for the yellowing on the midsoles. I did as much cleaning as I could and they look alot betterbut I can't decide what I want to do, leave them alone or spend the time painting them. And I have painted alot of midsoles before with good results. Justwanting a few opinions from other Nter's. Thanks

Sellers photo's

e6c7_1.JPG

fb92_1.JPG
0de9_1.JPG

After cleaning them up and changing the laces.

347577328.jpg
347577347.jpg
347577335.jpg

Compared to DS 01 midsoles.

347577362.jpg

What I'm capable of doing, I painted all 3 pair.

323178095.jpg

Let me know what you would do.

DAMN, my DUDE..that's some major work. Still amazed at how those 3's were revived. Personally, I think the cleaning did it's job, shoes looksjust about right, I mean if you have extra time & paint then go for it but either way they look mad ill !!!

they look fine like that. IMO Is are one of the few pairs that actually look just as good when they are beat as they do DS.....if that makes any sense
laugh.gif

I like the way Is look when they have "aged".

Originally Posted by s dubl

they look fine like that. IMO Is are one of the few pairs that actually look just as good when they are beat as they do DS.....if that makes any sense
laugh.gif

I like the way Is look when they have "aged".

i with you on that....
pimp.gif

Thanks guys for the input.

If anyone is interested I used a paste of barkeepers friend and oxyclean with a toothbrush on the midsoles. Put it on let it set for 30 minutes apply somemore and so on.

A secret of mine on wrinkled toe boxes is to get the shoes wet in the sink and stuff them with rags and they'll pop right out.
wink.gif

I was leaning toward leaving them be also just needed a few opinions from my niketalk brethren.
happy.gif

I'd say leave them. You cleaned the uppers to the point where they sneaker now looks like fresh but still has a bit of a vintage feel to it, making themidsole crispy white might not match this vibe that that the shoe has. I think they look good as it is.

for the hard rubber white components that arent neccersarily painted white but are that color to the core, ive used the edges of crest white stripes. just asit whitens teeth, over time, it can whiten yellowed rubber.

better yet, get the little container that comes in a nail polish sized container, with the little brush and just brush it on.

I wouldn't paint them. the shoes are worn a lil beat. making the midsole bling white is gonna look weird.

LEAVE THEM ALONE. Well, thats just my opinon, do whatever you want lol. Personally, I would waay rather have a non-restored pair that are a little yellowed.Those are not yellowed bad at all, and look good as is. Epecially with a historical pair like that, I would leave them alone. Leave the original paint job on'em
wink.gif

it depends if ur keepin them in a glass on lock leave em like that.
if not paint em.

how much u pay for those btw.
i think i saw these on ebay

your paint job looks really good, but that cleaning job you did on them looks good enough. i think you should just leave it.

please do not paint them, AJ1's look great with mild yellow soles IMO. you cleaned them up very well. let em rock

Don't paint them but use the magic eraser and scrub hella hard on the midsole. I did that on my blue/blk 1's and it came out a bit white. It wasyellowed like your pair. LMK how it turns out if you haven't used Mr. Cleans eraser KVN

Back
Top Bottom