Would you Tip?

if it was 14 i would've just gave 15 i guess...kinda sucks how the system works here...it's like a 2nd tax you have to pay.

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Yeah I always tip...delivery charge doesnt go to the driver
I've delivered for 3 places and I got the delivery fee at all of them. That being said, if you're far enough from the restaurant to have to order, chances are a large majority of the delivery fee is going to gas. 
Usually places give you $15 for showing up, $2 per delivery + tips. Without tips, most $80-$90 nights would be $35-$40 nights. 

I personally don't get too bent out of shape over not getting tipped because driving is a second source of income. But the system is designed assuming that drivers will be tipped, otherwise the delivery fee would go up. The delivery fee is just insurance from people who don't tip. 

From my personal experience, the only people who haven't tipped me were:

-White Trash

-******ed (literally)

-Little Kids (probably sent to the door by there cheap +@! parents)

-Scottie Pippen (no-tippin'-Pippen stories are all factual) 

I've delivered for 3 places and I got the delivery fee at all of them. That being said, if you're far enough from the restaurant to have to order, chances are a large majority of the delivery fee is going to gas. 
Usually places give you $15 for showing up, $2 per delivery + tips. Without tips, most $80-$90 nights would be $35-$40 nights. 

I personally don't get too bent out of shape over not getting tipped because driving is a second source of income. But the system is designed assuming that drivers will be tipped, otherwise the delivery fee would go up. The delivery fee is just insurance from people who don't tip. 

-White Trash

-******ed (literally)

Originally Posted by ThuG LyFe

if it was 14 i would've just gave 15 i guess...kinda sucks how the system works here...it's like a 2nd tax you have to pay.

Kinda of like a "luxury" tax. Huh?
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by ThuG LyFe

Kinda of like a "luxury" tax. Huh?
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Futuristic

-White Trash

-******ed (literally)

-People who shouldn't be ordering out to begin with.

Word. Not tipping=no class.

The only exception would be older folks (who usually tip anyway). Can't ever be mad at older folks.

-White Trash

-******ed (literally)

The only exception would be older folks (who usually tip anyway). Can't ever be mad at older folks.

-White Trash

-******ed (literally)

Really? From what I read delivery charges dont go to the driver. Where have you worked at?

-White Trash

-******ed (literally)

Really? From what I read delivery charges dont go to the driver. Where have you worked at?

Drivers now get min wage
the delivery charge is also given to the driver i think
even though i hate tipping i still do it. Its not a fair system to the costumers but when it comes to the people delivering the pizza a few dollars doesnt hurt. they used their personal car and have to pay for gas worry about accidents. If your pessimistic you can say "well its their fault for taking the job", but in this society you take what you can get.

Sidenote: I considered it lazy to not go and do things yourself unless you have a good excuse. So tippings not usually a big issue for me, but i still think the corporation should do it.
if i was working as a server or driver im pretty sure id have a different point of view.

Drivers now get min wage
the delivery charge is also given to the driver i think
even though i hate tipping i still do it. Its not a fair system to the costumers but when it comes to the people delivering the pizza a few dollars doesnt hurt. they used their personal car and have to pay for gas worry about accidents. If your pessimistic you can say "well its their fault for taking the job", but in this society you take what you can get.

Sidenote: I considered it lazy to not go and do things yourself unless you have a good excuse. So tippings not usually a big issue for me, but i still think the corporation should do it.
if i was working as a server or driver im pretty sure id have a different point of view.

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

-White Trash

-******ed (literally)

Working sub minimum wage jobs that you voluntary agreed for = no education. If it weren't for labor laws in the US, you would easily be replaced by 10 year olds. In fact in a lot of "family" owned restaurants, you see that now already. So what makes you think you really deserve more? You refill sodas and carry food from point a to point b. Sub minimum wage or minimum wage at the most seems about right.

-White Trash

-******ed (literally)

Working sub minimum wage jobs that you voluntary agreed for = no education. If it weren't for labor laws in the US, you would easily be replaced by 10 year olds. In fact in a lot of "family" owned restaurants, you see that now already. So what makes you think you really deserve more? You refill sodas and carry food from point a to point b. Sub minimum wage or minimum wage at the most seems about right.

Originally Posted by Dwele Farooq Al Suleed Afzul

-White Trash

-******ed (literally)

Oh, word? Sorry I couldn't get a better job at 16. Guess I had no education going into my job hunt that landed me a delivery gig. We should definitely start treating these kids like they are living in a third world country.. because you know what? They're replaceable damnit!!! 
roll.gif

-White Trash

-******ed (literally)

Oh, word? Sorry I couldn't get a better job at 16. Guess I had no education going into my job hunt that landed me a delivery gig. We should definitely start treating these kids like they are living in a third world country.. because you know what? They're replaceable damnit!!! 
roll.gif

I've never known teens to really %$+$# about tipping though. It's always the adult servers/delivery drivers/cab-bus drivers/bellhops/people who put your food in a bag that they didn't cook/cash register people who want to act all indignant about how much money they make. Hell the list would have been shorter of people who don't think they need a tip.

And yes, given the little amount of intelligence involved in most menial minimum wage w/ tip jobs, you'd think that work force would be more grateful to be employed and %$+$# less.

How it should be below
bfwIQwqgOr35XzQGawZlHa.jpg

I've never known teens to really %$+$# about tipping though. It's always the adult servers/delivery drivers/cab-bus drivers/bellhops/people who put your food in a bag that they didn't cook/cash register people who want to act all indignant about how much money they make. Hell the list would have been shorter of people who don't think they need a tip.

And yes, given the little amount of intelligence involved in most menial minimum wage w/ tip jobs, you'd think that work force would be more grateful to be employed and %$+$# less.

How it should be below
bfwIQwqgOr35XzQGawZlHa.jpg

my boy was a pizza delivery dude

out of all the ppl who you choose NOT to tip, it better not be a pizza delivery guy

they'll go ape !!!@ on your property in the future

Not tipping is just greed and selfishness. Point blank. 
Everybody needs to eat. I want to live in a society not the jungle. 

I tip even when I prob shouldn't. I rather err on the side of giving too much then too little. 

The funny thing is you greedy folks don't realize that money comes and goes. If you won't lose it by giving someone a tip, you're gonna lose it/have it taken away another way. That money which I provide as a tip will eventually get back to me in form or another. I have no worries of letting go of a few dollars in order to benefit another person for a service they provide. 

Not tipping is just greed and selfishness. Point blank. 
Everybody needs to eat. I want to live in a society not the jungle. 

I tip even when I prob shouldn't. I rather err on the side of giving too much then too little. 

The funny thing is you greedy folks don't realize that money comes and goes. If you won't lose it by giving someone a tip, you're gonna lose it/have it taken away another way. That money which I provide as a tip will eventually get back to me in form or another. I have no worries of letting go of a few dollars in order to benefit another person for a service they provide. 

my boy was a pizza delivery dude

out of all the ppl who you choose NOT to tip, it better not be a pizza delivery guy

they'll go ape !!!@ on your property in the future

Back
Top Bottom