Wrestling Thread 2/25-3/10 | 3/10 TNA LOCKDOWN PPV - Hardy v Bully Ray | Champion No Showing?

Yup, they cost him the title once, had multiple matches with Devon, and beat the hell out of him at the wedding. The storyline has made no sense whatsoever, but still cool that's he's the champ.

Here's a quick run down.

As crappy as I've found most elements of Aces and Eights, in hindsight TNA planned this well:

- Aces & Eights interfered in a match at Hardcore Justice that helped Bully to get ahead in the BFG Series and ultimately make the final four. It was done in a way to make it look like they weren't helping him directly, but their interference gave Ray the victory.

- Jeff Hardy gets taken out at No Surrender by Aces & Eights, making his health in the BFG Series finals questionably and almost giving Ray the win. Things didn't go according to plan that night, but you can look at that as them trying to help Bully Ray.

- Bully Ray tags with Sting at BFG in a match in where the Aces & Eights win a place in TNA. Without screwing Sting directly, Bully was able to make it so that there was no way his guys could lose that match.

- Aces & Eights bust up Ray & Brooke's wedding and Ray on several occasions was able to chase the Aces & Eights off all by himself without landing a blow. Marrying Brooke puts him in tighter with Hogan to sweet talk him into a title match. Bully gets named number one contender.

- On the final UK Impact, Hogan, Ray, & Sting Vs. Aces & Eights. Hogan gets beat up backstage. Ray goes to help him, and Sting is left to be ganged up on by the Aces & Eights by himself. Bully doesn't look like the bad guy, but Hulk is left in bad shape in the process.

Bully and Aces and Eights never had any contact prior to BFG. All they did was attack Bully's biggest threats to the world title (attacked Aries, Angle, Hardy, tried to frame Storm, etc). Once Bully choked against Hardy, they had to find another way for Bully to get a title shot. Hence, Bully convinces the most gullible man in wrestling to team with him, and in the process tries to gain the trust of Hogan, while making sure at BFG to 1) put up a good enough fight to convince them he is sincere, and 2) take the fall so A&8 could get free access in TNA. Then the process of conning Hogan begins, and let's face it, realistically Hogan would have been a fool to trust Bully if Bully and Aces never made contact. And the contact was minimal at best. Same with Brisco and Garett's interaction with Aces prior to joining.

This angle has been horrible but a heel Bully as TNA Champion can help redeem it so I'm not going to complain.

Yup, they cost him the title once, had multiple matches with Devon, and beat the hell out of him at the wedding. The storyline has made no sense whatsoever, but still cool that's he's the champ.

Here's a quick run down.

As crappy as I've found most elements of Aces and Eights, in hindsight TNA planned this well:

- Aces & Eights interfered in a match at Hardcore Justice that helped Bully to get ahead in the BFG Series and ultimately make the final four. It was done in a way to make it look like they weren't helping him directly, but their interference gave Ray the victory.

- Jeff Hardy gets taken out at No Surrender by Aces & Eights, making his health in the BFG Series finals questionably and almost giving Ray the win. Things didn't go according to plan that night, but you can look at that as them trying to help Bully Ray.

- Bully Ray tags with Sting at BFG in a match in where the Aces & Eights win a place in TNA. Without screwing Sting directly, Bully was able to make it so that there was no way his guys could lose that match.

- Aces & Eights bust up Ray & Brooke's wedding and Ray on several occasions was able to chase the Aces & Eights off all by himself without landing a blow. Marrying Brooke puts him in tighter with Hogan to sweet talk him into a title match. Bully gets named number one contender.

- On the final UK Impact, Hogan, Ray, & Sting Vs. Aces & Eights. Hogan gets beat up backstage. Ray goes to help him, and Sting is left to be ganged up on by the Aces & Eights by himself. Bully doesn't look like the bad guy, but Hulk is left in bad shape in the process.

Bully and Aces and Eights never had any contact prior to BFG. All they did was attack Bully's biggest threats to the world title (attacked Aries, Angle, Hardy, tried to frame Storm, etc). Once Bully choked against Hardy, they had to find another way for Bully to get a title shot. Hence, Bully convinces the most gullible man in wrestling to team with him, and in the process tries to gain the trust of Hogan, while making sure at BFG to 1) put up a good enough fight to convince them he is sincere, and 2) take the fall so A&8 could get free access in TNA. Then the process of conning Hogan begins, and let's face it, realistically Hogan would have been a fool to trust Bully if Bully and Aces never made contact. And the contact was minimal at best. Same with Brisco and Garett's interaction with Aces prior to joining.

This angle has been horrible but a heel Bully as TNA Champion can help redeem it so I'm not going to complain.

Now that's writing.

TNA IS BACK.

View media item 308944

laugh.gif
 @ TNA being 'back'

I wouldn't say it's back. Like Lobo said, this angle has been horrible but a heel Bully as TNA Champion can help redeem it.

AJ Styles returns thursday so i'm guessing he will be challenging Bully next.

*continues to not watch though*

and they're taking this act out on the road right? No more Impact Zone? That'll be interesting.

^Slamniversary will be in Boston.

Impact this week in Chicago.

Last edited:
d lo???? are they serious??? :lol:

I think you better recognize
View media item 308756
Always thought it was funny yet lame that the "Winner Takes All" match was WWF guys vs other WWF guys and Booker T/RVD. Pretty sure the dream scenario would've been Austin on the other side in place of Big Show, and Booker T, DDP, RVD, and any 2 of Steiner/Sting/Hall/Nash/Goldberg/Rey/etc. Oh well.
View media item 308757View media item 308758View media item 308759View media item 308760
I have always wondered why the 5th spot on the Alliance was given to Shane McMahon and not someone else on the Alliance. Was there really no one else to take it? Taker/Kane/Bigshow already look like a stacked team against them and they have no big men at all.

Did the alliance even have anyone taker/kane/bigshow size? I don't even remember.

apparently there was an explosion on set recently - no one is being allowed into the building - 45 mins till showtime

d lo???? are they serious??? :lol:

I think you better recognize
/

Always thought it was funny yet lame that the "Winner Takes All" match was WWF guys vs other WWF guys and Booker T/RVD. Pretty sure the dream scenario would've been Austin on the other side in place of Big Show, and Booker T, DDP, RVD, and any 2 of Steiner/Sting/Hall/Nash/Goldberg/Rey/etc. Oh well.
View media item 308757
I have always wondered why the 5th spot on the Alliance was given to Shane McMahon and not someone else on the Alliance. Was there really no one else to take it? Taker/Kane/Bigshow already look like a stacked team against them and they have no big men at all.

Did the alliance even have anyone taker/kane/bigshow size? I don't even remember.

I think Shane was there because of nepotism, and the WWF had already buried the other possible WCW/ECW guys. As far as the biggest people they had, the closest were Mike Awesome (already regulated to C programs) and I think Test (he may have had "immunity", but he was once again another WWF guy)

Back
Top Bottom