Wrestling Thread 2022 | Mods Please Lock This Thread

they need to pivot Lash Legend to a diff character. She's pretty much Great Value Bianca right now.

here go Buss Limbaugh
beli.png

Oh man I completely forgot about this :rofl: They really had Roman cutting promos like this

This was horrendous :rofl: squares were acting like Roman was getting boo’d just because, nope, it was cause they were presenting him as a total loser that he wasn’t

Without Vince in the picture, Tony Khan needs to find a new gimmick for AEW. He prides himself on being anti-WWE/Vince (while only doing that maybe 30% of the time) and now needs to start from scratch. Young Bucks might need to try to oust that bozo from power.

A&W is in an interesting spot now. The workrate is good, but the storylines and booking have been downright bad. Company was extremely reliant on the big pops they'd get from WWE guys debuting in A&W. That pipeline has now dried up. They haven't been able to increase their viewership. Tons of wrestlers just treading water.

Now the guy a lot of those former WWE folks were upset with is gone. And the guy that played a big role in making most of them household names via NXT is now in charge.

I don't know how long the average Wrestling contract lasts but Tony Khan giving out 5 year contracts just SEEMS like a long time.

Especially in this era where people HAVE somewhere else to go.

Seems odd for the talents to sign them but I guess if you assumed Vince would ALWAYS be @ WWE, you probably never thought twice about ever going back.

greekgator greekgator green rhino123 green rhino123

Lot of AWA Talk

Fumi Saito & Justin Knipper are back with a special episode focused on Vince McMahon and his family’s deep connections to the Japanese wrestling scene dating back more than 50 years.

A few of the topics discussed:
Giant Baba’s first trip to Madison Square Garden
Vince McMahon’s “junior” complex
Antonio Inoki vs. Bob Backlund for the WWF World Heavyweight title in Tokushima
Hulk Hogan in New Japan and the end of the NJPW/WWF relationship
WWF/AJPW/NJPW Wrestling Summit 1990
WWE on Japanese television in the 2000s

Fight Game Media Network: Write That Down! Vince McMahon in Japan on Apple Podcasts

I don't know how long the average Wrestling contract lasts but Tony Khan giving out 5 year contracts just SEEMS like a long time.

Especially in this era where people HAVE somewhere else to go.

Seems odd for the talents to sign them but I guess if you assumed Vince would ALWAYS be @ WWE, you probably never thought twice about ever going back.

5 years seems long, but Tony is trying to build something. Definitely needs that length to try to create something foundational sound. Opinions and critiques aside of how that foundation is going, I completely agree with Tony's thought process if he did indeed sign them to 5 years. And that's on the talent for agreeing to it as well.

Without Vince in the picture, Tony Khan needs to find a new gimmick for AEW. He prides himself on being anti-WWE/Vince (while only doing that maybe 30% of the time) and now needs to start from scratch. Young Bucks might need to try to oust that bozo from power.

The Bucks? LOL. The elite would hold all the titles and the other guys that are actually over and not pwg, embarrassing comedy and gymnastics dudes would be buried into bolivian

The Bucks? LOL. The elite would hold all the titles and the other guys that are actually over and not pwg, embarrassing comedy and gymnastics dudes would be buried into bolivian
Yea if anything TK should be making sure those "EVPs" have as little power as possible.

The Brian Last dude always acts like he has moles in the AEW locker room and he said their influence has gotten smaller over time and people backstage don't really mess with them like that. (Bucks)

Who knows what the truth is but FTR taking THIS long to pop off was probably due to their jealousy. I definitely could see that.

Back
Top Bottom