Wrestling Thread 2022 | Mods Please Lock This Thread

There are so many valid criticisms of AEW:

Why is the women’s division booked so poorly?

Why do the trios titles exist?

What the **** is the truthbusters?

Why isn’t the tag division more defined and better when you have the best tag team in the world?

It seems to me you pick really random stuff. Questioning why Hook challenged Ricky Starks and why Darby and Brody had a casket match is straight foolishness . We both know this.

There are so many valid criticisms of AEW:

Why is the women’s division booked so poorly?

Why do the trios titles exist?

What the **** is the truthbusters?

Why isn’t the tag division more defined and better when you have the best tag team in the world?

It seems to me you pick really random stuff. Questioning why Hook challenged Ricky Starks and why Darby and Brody had a casket match is straight foolishness . We both know this.

I have expressed concern over each and every one of those things in the past.

I have expressed concern over each and every one of those things in the past.

It’s clear to me you know a **** ton about wrestling. That’s why when you criticize stuff like the things I outlined at the end of the post it’s hard to take you seriously. Because EYE know you get it.

It’s clear to me you know a **** ton about wrestling. That’s why when you criticize stuff like the things I outlined at the end of the post it’s hard to take you seriously. Because EYE know you get it.

Like B Sox B Sox said before, AEW had every intention on dethroning WWE at some point. Sure, it isn't going to happen overnight but there are so many things they do that just have me scratching my head.

So yes, people will be tougher on them because they branded themselves as NOT being WWE but so many STUPID things they do are just like WWE.

I gave reasoning for the things I criticized.

1. I criticized the Darby Casket match because it was just ANOTHER stipulation match that AEW LOVES to just randomly throw out on TV just cause. It being "Darby's signature match" has NOTHING to do with the REASONING behind HAVING the match. Again, they OVERDO stipulation matches. If you think that is nonsense, cool.

2. Team Taz Breaking Up: Why? Especially Hobbs/Starks. They haven't even been given a chance to be established as a duo and here we are breaking them up just cause. They should have been given more time and WHY did they break up? Did Hobbs have a particular reason that made sense?

3. Hook coming out to challenge Starks plays into that. Hook went from underground prince, to hanging out with stupid Danuel House, to just randomly challenging for the Taz Belt. Again, why? What was the motivation? Why wasn't this explained? Sure it is a proud moment that he held his Daddy's Belt but again I ask, WHY?

AEW tends to leave out the WHY many times when angles are presented. THAT is my issue.

Like B Sox B Sox said before, AEW had every intention on dethroning WWE at some point. Sure, it isn't going to happen overnight but there are so many things they do that just have me scratching my head.

So yes, people will be tougher on them because they branded themselves as NOT being WWE but so many STUPID things they do are just like WWE.

I gave reasoning for the things I criticized.

1. I criticized the Darby Casket match because it was just ANOTHER stipulation match that AEW LOVES to just randomly throw out on TV just cause. It being "Darby's signature match" has NOTHING to do with the REASONING behind HAVING the match. Again, they OVERDO stipulation matches. If you think that is nonsense, cool.

2. Team Taz Breaking Up: Why? Especially Hobbs/Starks. They haven't even been given a chance to be established as a duo and here we are breaking them up just cause. They should have been given more time and WHY did they break up? Did Hobbs have a particular reason that made sense?

3. Hook coming out to challenge Starks plays into that. Hook went from underground prince, to hanging out with stupid Danuel House, to just randomly challenging for the Taz Belt. Again, why? What was the motivation? Why wasn't this explained? Sure it is a proud moment that he held his Daddy's Belt but again I ask, WHY?

AEW tends to leave out the WHY many times when angles are presented. THAT is my issue.

Please give me an example of a what you see as a good mid card wrestling storyline from any era ever. So I can understand what you’re looking for

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican
When she tells me to “kiss me like you mist me!” Does that mean what I think IT means ?
82DC2464-B6E2-4B2C-B18E-4B7842FAEC0E.gif

I agree with how it was mapped out in the video.

Anything I say would just be me repeating what Mr. Bios mentioned.

Well in the video he said Eddie needed a character change. So after losing to Malenko he turned heel and attacked him. He was also further infuriated by losing to Rey on 2 subsequent Nitros. What am I missing?

Well in the video he said Eddie needed a character change. So after losing to Malenko he turned heel and attacked him. He was also further infuriated by losing to Rey on 2 subsequent Nitros. What am I missing?

That is a piece of the story.

To say the story was, "He was mad that he lost" is completely disregarding Rey Mysterio's agenda of defending/honoring the mask/his culture.

Not to mention Eddie was chasing the title, which was WHY it was a mask vs. Belt match.

That is a piece of the story.

To say the story was, "He was mad that he lost" is completely disregarding Rey Mysterio's agenda of defending/honoring the mask/his culture.

Not to mention Eddie was chasing the title, which was WHY it was a mask vs. Belt match.

OK cool. I think the same can be said for the AEW feuds we discussed but EYE think EYE see what you value here.

You’re a no ladder matches unless there’s a unification kinda guy.

OK cool. I think the same can be said for the AEW feuds we discussed but EYE think EYE see what you value here.

You’re a no ladder matches unless there’s a unification kinda guy.

I don't like gimmick matches done just for the hell of it.

For the most part, I would like to see gimmick matches being used as an ending to a feud.

I think TK often uses the "random gimmick match" button as if it were a video game.

Back
Top Bottom