Wrestling Thread Apr 12-18 | 4/18 TNA Lockdown - Every Match in a Steel Cage | Styles vs Pope

ill be watching lockdown aswell. HOPEFULLY run ins or screwy finishes will be at a minimum...smh u would think run ins would be impossible with cages but hell its tna...

As unlikely as it seems I hope The Pope can win the title tonight.

Originally Posted by CaptainCrown

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

Originally Posted by CaptainCrown

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

I'm guessing i'll be the only one watching lockdown today. I'm looking forward to it.
Your not alone, I'll be watching too. Lockdown is the closest we will ever get to Wargames. Plus, I can't wait to see all these botch spots. 

not entirely true, hhh has been lobbing for war games since last year....we could see it at the bragging rights ppv or the november ppv
Highly doubt it will happen. 1) Vince is big on presentation and camera angle, two rings, with one empty for nearly the entire event. 2) Its a wCw ideal, Vince hates anything he didn't come up with and anything associated with wCw. If he does use them, he tanks them on purpose to prove a point. 

u have a point but remember, hhh has alot of booking power and hes married to daddys little girl

they can make a gimmick ppv out of it, seeing as almost all ppvs have some sort of gimmick. theres no ppv name for november so they can name it fall brawl or simply war games

personally i would love to see it, atleast try it once...would be a great fit in november seeing as it was in november in the wcw days and war games is kinda like survivor series. i would love to see them go with halloween havoc and bring back the roulette wheel. and halloween lands on a sunday this year so it woulda been nice

but u right, vince hates anything he didnt come up with

With volcanic ash postponing and canceling many flights in Europe, X Division Champion Doug Williams is presently stranded in his home country of the UK and thus unable to fly to the United States. Hence, he is unable to participate in his scheduled X Division title defense against Shannon Moore and Kazarian at tonight's Lockdownpay-per-view.

Spoiler [+]
The Lethal Lockdown match between Team Hogan (Abyss, Jeff Jarrett, Jeff Hardy and Rob Van Dam) vs. Team Flair (Sting, Desmond Wolfe, James Storm and Robert Roode) is scheduled to conclude tonight's Lockdownpay-per-view. This could also be the spot where abyss turns on hogan

Regarding the contractual status of Scott Hall and Sean Waltman, both have yet to be signed to regular contracts as they are stilling working on pay-per-appearance deals. TNA is reportedly paying Hall $3,000 per appearance, which would make him among the highest earners in the company.

Furthermore, many feel both Hall and Waltman have been more lucid and coherent in recent weeks. The feeling is that they've finally realized this is their last chance in the business and have done, not a complete turnaround, but a major improvement. Meanwhile, Hall has dropped a lot of weight and is trying to get down to 255 pounds, a number he hasn't reached in several years. (source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter)

As noted earlier, Dos Caras, Jr. made his in-ring debut for WWE during the company's recent tour of Europe. While he's considered a good worker, some feel he has an inflated opinion of himself. Though he's been traveling with WWE for only two weeks, he's been talked to already about making claims that he's going to be the next Rey Mysterio. (source: www.pwtorch.com)

Christopher Daniels has told friends that his attitude towards TNA's creative direction was cited among the reasons for his recent release from the company.

Meanwhile, company sources believe he had a guaranteed contract that was signed when he and Samoa Joe were prominently featured. He was given no warning that his release was coming and there were a lot of people surprised over the move.

Though he had done his share of complaining over the years, sources indicate he had been fairly quiet in recent months. Another source noted Daniels as "the ringleader" of a vocal group that includes AJ Styles, Joe and Kazarian. The source agreed that Daniels had been quiet as of late, but added that he believes people within the organization didn't forget that he complained previously.

Spoiler [+]
While there had been discussion of "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero winning the TNA World Heavyweight Championship at tonight's Lockdownpay-per-view, it's said to be out of the question at this point. Hence, you can pretty much expect AJ Styles to retain the title at tonight's show.

It sounds like another TNA star might be missing tonight’s Lockdown pay-per-view but by choice. Sean Waltman worked a Great Lakes Championship Wrestling show in Minnesota last night and after the show, he was telling several people that he would not be at TNA’s Lockdown pay-per-view and would not do the “job

- It’s not looking good for the RAW brand making it back in time to the United States for RAW tomorrow night. The flight ban in the UK has now been extended to 1pm local time on Monday. It could be mid-week before WWE can fly out of the UK.

WWE’s problem may now be that they need to worry about getting the talents back in time for the Extreme Rules pay-per-view next Sunday.

It’s expected that the SmackDown crew will work tomorrow night’s RAW but with videos from the RAW Superstars to hype the pay-per-view. If RAW can make it back to the States by Tuesday night, they would then likely appear on SmackDown.

The first match was pretty good. They said 6Pac no showed
laugh.gif

--The Smackdown crew has safely landed back in the US and tomorrow's Raw will be a largely Smackdown show building up next Sunday's PPV. Yoshi Tatsu tweeted that he will be in New Jersey tomorrow. The Raw crew is still stranded and probably won't be able to fly back until after 7 PM local time Monday, so it's impossible for them to be back in time for Raw. The idea was to find a local studio and let the Raw guys film interviews talking about the weekend, then inserting those into the live Raw.

smh at Madison Rayne winning the KO title, yall couldnt give it to my girl Velvet Sky?

Wow, I can't believe they stripped Douglas Williams. But I guess it allows for him to start an instant program with any of these guys over the title.

Back
Top Bottom