Wrestling Thread April 20-26 | 4/26 BACKLASH PPV - HHH/Batista/Shane vs Legacy | Cena vs Edge (pg

To be perfectly honest with y'all, I'd rather Orton NOT get the title at Backlash. Assuming there is a heel turn to screw HHH and with all thesestipulations against HHH's favor, Randy would be getting the strap in such a weak way. Dude stepped his game up since he came back from the injury andshould or should've (ahem...Wrestlemania
smh.gif
) got put over strongly. But it's lookin' like homie isgetting some Edge type of win this Sunday...
smh.gif

Triple GOD FTL

I'm more curious as to how the Cena vs. Edge match plays out.

If there is not a turn on Sunday I am done.

Makes sense that it would be Shane to align himself with Orton.

DimondJ15 wrote:
Originally Posted by Mr Whomp Whomp

antoekneeo wrote:
No need for the stoneface Bret was better than Flair.

In what aspect? Flair's promos were better and overall he was 10 Xs more entertaining. If your talking about wrestling wise that's false too. Bret's wrestling skills = OVERRATED. He was nothing more than a brawler that was classified as a technical wrestler because of his background.

right cause a billion chops, flipping over the ropes, and falling on your face is entertaining.... i will give flair credit on his promos, though

I mean the chops(WHOOOOOOO) and infamous turnbuckle flip doesn't constitute as wrestling
laugh.gif
but you have to take into consideration that when Bret was in his prime Flairwas already over the hill.

right cause a billion chops, flipping over the ropes, and falling on your face is entertaining.... i will give flair credit on his promos, though
Dont forget having a finsher worse than the Hogan Leg Drop. At least people (HBK) have jobbed to the leg drop in the past 10 years
roll.gif

I take that back, I think I remember a jobber (go figure) actualy tapping out to it around 4 years ago.

Unusually boring episode of Raw. IMO, the star of this week's show was the guy with the "ASK HIM" sign.

Shane should turn... then bring back the Mean Street Posse
roll.gif

Spoiler [+]
I've been playin waaay tooo much smackdown 2 lately

Im still shocked that Paul got pinned more or less cleanly for a dq match at the end of the show. I hope this doesnt mean he retains on sunday.

Originally Posted by Mr Whomp Whomp

antoekneeo wrote:
No need for the stoneface Bret was better than Flair.

In what aspect? Flair's promos were better and overall he was 10 Xs more entertaining. If your talking about wrestling wise that's false too. Bret's wrestling skills = OVERRATED. He was nothing more than a brawler that was classified as a technical wrestler because of his background.

Bret Hart was nowhere near overrated. His storytelling and psychology were amazing, he literally was the excellence of execution, flawless in ring work andnever injured anyone, and his style was so realistic it made you really believe he was wrestling for real. Flair's promos were amazing but during the newHart Foundation days Bret cut some of the greatest promos ever.

Not knocking Flair because he is one of the greatest ever but:

Bret > Flair

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

I'm more curious as to how the Cena vs. Edge match plays out.
I have a feeling that Edge wins and Punk cashes it in... again. Hopefully setting up a Punk/Edge feud.
And maybe Summerslam or Great American Bash we see Cena/Punk.

A ppv this sunday and this boring Raw is what the WWE gives us.
smh.gif
I slept thru most of Raw n I'm glad I did.

I only look forward to ECW TNA and ROH, now

Some news and notes

-- ESPN has published an article by Sherdog.com writer Jake Rossen in which he slams Bobby Lashley for his decision to sign with TNA Wrestling while still being an active MMA fighter. After calling "professional wrestling" slang for "embarrassment to the human race," Rossen said, "Lashley can obviously do as he pleases to earn a buck, but I don't think his hybrid career will do the sport of MMA in the States any favors." You can read the entire article at ESPN.com.

However....

According to Dave Meltzer, here is the latest on the future of Bobby Lashley.

Lashley's camp has stated that Lashley has not signed a contract with TNA Wrestling, and that his appearance last night was for he and the company to become acquainted with each other. The plan would be for Lashley to do wrestling for TNA on a limited basis, while still training for MMA.

Lashley, who is 2-0 in his MMA career, is negotiating a contract with Strikeforce as well as negotiating for a June 27th fight with Bob Sapp. That fight would take place at the Mississippi Gulf Coast Coliseum for Biloxi for Prize Fight Promotions. Sapp has not agreed to the deal, but is reviewing the contract. Lashley could agree to the bout as early as later this evening.
Lashley vs Sapp wouldn't be pretty, but I'd definitely want to see it. At this point of Sapp's career, I don't think he'dlast very long.

-- Ted DiBiase revealed at a speaking engagement at the Boys and Girls Club in Tomah, Wisconsin on Friday that his son, Ted DiBiase, Jr., will be turning babyface this fall or before Christmas to promote The Marine 2 film. The direct-to-video action film is currently in post-production and slated to be released late last year or early next year.

During the speaking engagement, DiBiase recalled a conversation he had with Randy Orton a few years ago in which the leader of Legacy told him he was a better wrestler than John Cena and asked him why he didn't have the title. DiBiase said Orton had been dealing with personal problems in the past, but he now has a wife, a child, and has started to ask him about Jesus Christ. Later, DiBiase mentioned that Cena has the title because he has Vince McMahon's trust.

"He (Vince) is never going to get a call in the middle of the night about his wrestler being kicked out of a hotel or something like that," DiBiase said.

He also discussed his struggles as a youth, his other son in developmental, WWE's Wellness Policy, and more.

-- In an interview with the Belfast Telegraph, Finlay discusses how long he'll continue to wrestle.

"Every morning I get up I have aches and pains but that's all part of the job," Finlay said. "I'm going to wrestle until my bones turn to powder... I may be turning 50 next year but my enthusiasm is as strong as it has ever been."
Jeff Hardy posted the following on his Facebook page:

"Jeffrey Itchweed Nero Hardy says that new contract signing are RUMORS, which means it may not be true, I might sign a new contract soon but the contract doesn't expire till July, so I'll play it day-by-day."

Originally Posted by OvATyME316

A ppv this sunday and this boring Raw is what the WWE gives us.
smh.gif
I slept thru most of Raw n I'm glad I did.

I only look forward to ECW TNA and ROH, now
What's there to look forward to in TNA?
laugh.gif

I feel you though...weak episode of RAW. But Backlash is usually a throwaway PPV, especially since there's so little time to build up. And after Backlash,there won't be any more of this RAW and SD wrestlers on opposite shows, so we should be looking at fresh feuds.

ECW Spoilers for tonight.

Spoiler [+]
ECW On Sci-Fi: (Airing Tonight)
* The opening pyro hits.

* Hornswoggle & Finlay are on there way out to the ring. Hornswoggle Promo as its his last night on ECW. Hornswoggle says he wants to wrestle. Tyson Kidd & Natalya come out and interrupt. According to Natalya, Uncle Bret was wrong when he said he was the best ever. It's Tyson's destiny. Tiffany announces that Natalya will take on Hornswoggle right now!

* Hornswoggle b. Natalya
- Hornswoggle got the quick win with a rollup.

* A Promo for Edge vs Cena at Backlash is shown.

* Natalya gets in Tiffany's face backstage. On this week's
"WWE Superstars" it will be Tyson & Natalya vs Finlay & Hornswoggle.

* Evan Bourne b. Paul Burchill
- Burchill gets a mixed reaction from the live crowd. Bourne gets the win following a Shooting Star Press.

* Vladimir Kozlov b. Frankie Sloan (Local Jobber) in a squash match.

* The Jack Swagger & Christian contract signing for Backlash is up next... Christian comes out to a big pop while Swagger draws heat. The pair exchange words and Swagger puts Christian through a table with his Gut Wrench Powerbomb. Referees help Christian to the back to end ECW.

Smackdown Spoilers for this week.

Spoiler [+]
Dark Match:
* Umaga b. R-Truth in a quick match.
- Umaga got the win with a Samoan Spike

SmackDown: (Airing This Friday)
* Jim Ross comes out to a big pop.

* The opening pyro hits.

* Undertaker vs. Big Show and Cody Rhodes & Ted Dibiase vs. Shane McMahon & Batista is announced for later tonight.

* Edge comes out to the ring to cut a promo on Sunday's Backlash pay-per-view. Lots of heat when he mentions Vickie Guerrero.

* A video clip of Matt beating on Jeff is shown.

* Matt Hardy & Kane b. Jeff Hardy & CM Punk
- Matt Hardy comes out to a lot of heat. Kane comes out to a pop. CM Punk comes out next to a pop as well. Jeff Hardy comes out to a standing ovation. Lots of near falls. Good back and forth match. Matt gets the rollup on Jeff for the win.

* Big Show comes out for his match against Undertaker. He cuts a promo giving hire farewell to SmackDown. Undertaker is out next to the biggest pop of the night.

* Big Show b. Undertaker
- Good match. Lots of back and forth action. Several near falls. Undertaker kicks out of a chokeslam. A bit more action with lots of punching. Big Show stops Old School with a punch. He then delivers a knockout punch to the back of Undertaker's head. The referee stops the match as Undertaker can't continue. Big Show gets lots of heat. Undertaker looks annoyed and dazed. He punches Big Show out of the ring.

* Maryse b. Gail Kim to retain the Divas Championship
- Both divas receive a decent pop as they enter for their match. Typical divas match. Most of the live audience go out for a break.

* Randy Orton vs. Triple H in a Cage Match is announced for the Dark Main Event.

* A video clip from "The View" with MVP is shown.

* MVP b. Chavo Guerrero in a quick match.
- MVP comes out to a good pop. He gets the win with the Playmaker. After the match, Dolph Ziggler comes out to "Who are you" chants. He challenges MVP to a title match. MVP accepts.

* Dolph Ziggler vs. MVP for the United States Championship is announced for next week.

* Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase vs. Shane McMahon & Batista is up next.
- Batista & Shane McMahon are both out to a big pop. Shane dances around like a fool. Rhodes & DiBiase come out to heat. Batista catches Rhodes in midair with a Spinebuster. Shane gets the pin for the three-count. He accidentally knocks Batista off the ropes during the match. This concludes this week's SmackDown.

Jeff Hardy comments on contract status.

Jeff Hardy made the following comment on his Facebook page today, regarding his WWE contact status: "Jeffrey Itchweed Nero Hardy says that new contract signing are RUMORS, which means it may not be true, I might sign a new contract soon but the contract doesn't expire till July, so I'll play it day-by-day."

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]WWE can NOT afford to lose Hardy...that would be a major blow, they're lucky he wants no part ofTNA...[/color]

* Evan Bourne vs. Paul Burchill
* Hornswoggle vs. Natalya
* Contract signing between Jack Swagger and Christian for Sunday

After watching that match. Whats the difference between a typical Triple H match and Paul Burchill? Dude even seems more athletic that HHH. Crazy how wrestlingworks.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

After watching that match. Whats the difference between a typical Triple H match and Paul Burchill? Dude even seems more athletic that HHH. Crazy how wrestling works.

97.8% of the wrestlers in the WWE are better wrestlers than HHH. That's not saying much.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

After watching that match. Whats the difference between a typical Triple H match and Paul Burchill? Dude even seems more athletic that HHH. Crazy how wrestling works.

97.8% of the wrestlers in the WWE are better wrestlers than HHH. That's not saying much.
Yeah I know. I would just love to see these young guys get some air time. I like Burchill but dude gets NO love much Elijah Burke. I get tired ofseeing the same 12 faces. Show me more. For example. Would it kill them to test some younger guys in the main event slot. Its always beenTriple/Batista/Cena/Orton/Edge/Taker/HBK. These guys would be cool if they faced other people besides themselves. I know they do but I want more of it. Feelme?

Yeah I know. I would just love to see these young guys get some air time. I like Burchill but dude gets NO love much Elijah Burke. I get tired of seeing the same 12 faces. Show me more. For example. Would it kill them to test some younger guys in the main event slot. Its always been Triple/Batista/Cena/Orton/Edge/Taker/HBK. These guys would be cool if they faced other people besides themselves. I know they do but I want more of it. Feel me?

Elijah Burke is the biggest tragedy in recent WWE memory. They were really priming this guy to be the future of the company.... then just falls off the faceof the earth.

Originally Posted by BayBuryYa

Yeah I know. I would just love to see these young guys get some air time. I like Burchill but dude gets NO love much Elijah Burke. I get tired of seeing the same 12 faces. Show me more. For example. Would it kill them to test some younger guys in the main event slot. Its always been Triple/Batista/Cena/Orton/Edge/Taker/HBK. These guys would be cool if they faced other people besides themselves. I know they do but I want more of it. Feel me?

Elijah Burke is the biggest tragedy in recent WWE memory. They were really priming this guy to be the future of the company.... then just falls off the face of the earth.
Exactly. Dude had skills plus upside. How do you lose faith in Burke, but Khali was once world heavyweight champion. It makes no sense. He shouldbe one of the top guys right now.

Watching Triple H wrestle was once enjoyable for me. But now its almost like watch Hogan. Mound and pound with 5 moves or less. It gets old. I wanna see him goback to the cerebral assassin days.
ohwell.gif

As for building talent, Why aren't the major stars spread out more? ECW and SD could be on par with Raw if they would even things out. Christian needs tobe built further so why no bring people over who He can go over to gain more stature? They have really turned ECW into the minor leagues.
tired.gif
I digress. I have more but it would take me forever and a day to post.

Back
Top Bottom