Wrestling Thread April 20-26 | 4/26 BACKLASH PPV - HHH/Batista/Shane vs Legacy | Cena vs Edge (pg

I'm not as hyped as y'all either. I really think the ending of Wrestlemania 25 soured a lot of people on wrestling...and I don't blame them. Like Isaid last month, I fully expect Randy to become WWE Champion, but it'll be a cop out and makes me even more irritated at the WM 25 HHH/Orton match.

Orton gets the pin (maybe not even on HHH
smh.gif
) with presumably someone on HHH's side turning heel. I just hope Legacy gets a proper PUSH going forward,with Randy hinting that there will be another member and the undisputed tag titles being on RAW now.

4w, I'll give you props for being the first to call the CM Punk scenario...it just looks like the time is now. However, with the way WWE likes to swervethings, don't be surprised if it doesn't happen. Punk recently said he'd like to challenge ahead of time for a match at Judgment Day (becauseit'll be in Chicago). So it's possible Edge wins here and we get a Punk vs. Edge feud leading up to Judgment Day (which would be
pimp.gif
). I'd rathersee Punk holding on to the MITB and cashing it in when no one expects it, but we'll see...

I think both World titles definitely change hands tonight + the ECW title...I see Christian getting the rub over Swagger because they HAVE to do something with him sooner or later...Swagger had a decent run as champ and could let it go tonight without lookingweak...

EDIT: Oh yeah...good looks JRS for that link. That dude is definitely 100% credible to me and has been dropping some good knowledge on stuff behind thescenes...I suggest everyone check that out...

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

I'm not as hyped as y'all either. I really think the ending of Wrestlemania 25 soured a lot of people on wrestling...and I don't blame them. Like I said last month, I fully expect Randy to become WWE Champion, but it'll be a cop out and makes me even more irritated at the WM 25 HHH/Orton match.

Orton gets the pin (maybe not even on HHH
smh.gif
) with presumably someone on HHH's side turning heel. I just hope Legacy gets a proper PUSH going forward, with Randy hinting that there will be another member and the undisputed tag titles being on RAW now.

4w, I'll give you props for being the first to call the CM Punk scenario...it just looks like the time is now. However, with the way WWE likes to swerve things, don't be surprised if it doesn't happen. Punk recently said he'd like to challenge ahead of time for a match at Judgment Day (because it'll be in Chicago). So it's possible Edge wins here and we get a Punk vs. Edge feud leading up to Judgment Day (which would be
pimp.gif
). I'd rather see Punk holding on to the MITB and cashing it in when no one expects it, but we'll see...

I think both World titles definitely change hands tonight + the ECW title...I see Christian getting the rub over Swagger because they HAVE to do something with him sooner or later...Swagger had a decent run as champ and could let it go tonight without looking weak...

EDIT: Oh yeah...good looks JRS for that link. That dude is definitely 100% credible to me and has been dropping some good knowledge on stuff behind the scenes...I suggest everyone check that out...

Yeah, with CM Punk actually saying he wants to cash it in there ans actually call someone out, I'm not sure if it goes down today. I really prefer if itwould go down as a surprise. I do see all 3 titles changing hands too tonight. I kind of wish Christian would have been moved during the draft, but if not heshould be champ

I just hope WWE can pick up Kurt Angle this year because we all know he makes a great heel and at this point there really isn't many of those floatingaround the WWE...Aside from Orton, Edge, and Jericho there really isn't anybody that really makes a Superstar Heel right now...

I would love to have Angle come back and turn into a heel this year...

I expect Edge, Orton, and Christian all to win tonight, and the other matches I could really care less tonight. Might order it if I can get a couple ppl tochip in but most likely i'll be watchin on a link.

Yeah, I'll need a stream too, after ordering WM I don't know if I'll order another PPV for a while. And I have to stop posting so I have more postsleft for tonight lol

Originally Posted by vegetaray123

I just hope WWE can pick up Kurt Angle this year because we all know he makes a great heel and at this point there really isn't many of those floating around the WWE...Aside from Orton, Edge, and Jericho there really isn't anybody that really makes a Superstar Heel right now...

I would love to have Angle come back and turn into a heel this year...
Here's a note:

Although the talks only appear to be very preliminary, The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that KurtAngle's name has been brought up within WWE and it appears the company could be making a play to bring him back later this year.

Angle, who turns 41 this December, could be faced with a big decision if he is approached by WWE about a return. His wife Karen was said to be a major forcebehind him leaving WWE and now she is no longer a factor with the two splitting up recently. The negative is that Angle is still pretty banged up and is muchsmaller than when he left WWE in 2006.

While many feel his size could work against him, the belief is that WWE would give him an easier schedule and he would make more money. The plus to stayingwith TNA is that he is always guaranteed a top spot, his size will never be an issue and even if WWE offers him an easier schedule it will never be as easy onhim physically as the TNA schedule is. The general opinion on Angle is that the smartest thing he could do is stay in TNA, but Angle's career is alsocoming to a close and the possibility of an increase in pay becomes even more important at that stage of his career.

Lookin foward to a 9th World Title reign for Edge, and goin into MSG this Tuesday World Heavyweight Champ!!!

Punk could go after the title when Orton wins it. I mean Orton initially did cost Punk his 1st title lost.

Originally Posted by hellaones

Punk could go after the title when Orton wins it. I mean Orton initially did cost Punk his 1st title lost.

sick.gif
I would hate that so much...

I think Shane will turn on HHH and Batista, and join Legacy. Like you said, it'll bring muy cred to Legacy, having a McMahon in their camp. Shane does havepower to make matches, and who can forget Steph sonnon' dude months ago.

Back
Top Bottom