Wrestling Thread Dec 14-20 | 12/20 TNA Final Resolution - Styles vs Daniels, Angles vs Wolfe

[table][tr][td] [h3][/h3]EA Sports To Announce A New WWE Game? [/td] [/tr][/table]

EA Sports have announced that they're going to announce a new game in January, but won't tell us what just yet. Rumor has it that this new ventures. will be professional wrestling once again. More specifically they could be taking on the WWE brand when THQ's license runs out at the end of 2009.

The fact that THQ are to lose the WWE license certainly gives this rumor a bit more merit than it would have. The idea has been banded about in the past, with nothing ever coming from it. Could 2010 be the year that EA Sports, once again, becomes the home of sports entertainment? I guess we're gonna have to wait until January to find out.
This could be GREAT if AKI or another good wrestling game company like Spike(they made Fire Pro, nuff said)develops it.

Originally Posted by Mr DragonFly Jones

[table][tr][td] [h3][/h3]EA Sports To Announce A New WWE Game? [/td] [/tr][/table]

EA Sports have announced that they're going to announce a new game in January, but won't tell us what just yet. Rumor has it that this new ventures. will be professional wrestling once again. More specifically they could be taking on the WWE brand when THQ's license runs out at the end of 2009.

The fact that THQ are to lose the WWE license certainly gives this rumor a bit more merit than it would have. The idea has been banded about in the past, with nothing ever coming from it. Could 2010 be the year that EA Sports, once again, becomes the home of sports entertainment? I guess we're gonna have to wait until January to find out.
This could be GREAT if AKI or another good wrestling game company like Spike(they made Fire Pro, nuff said)develops it.

I read about this on another site but I thought THQ and WWE re-upped on a new deal?

A new publisher for a wrestling game could be a welcome change.

i missed the ppv tonight! how was it?

if THQ loses the WWE license, i guess we will be seeing TNA games on THQ?.

^EA announced they were doing an MMA game months ago.

For those who watched Final Resolution, how was it?

The Wolfe/Angle and Daniels/Styles matches in particular

Nah they haven't re-upped it. They're still in some kind of dispute with Jakks.

Tommy Dreamer has requested a release from WWE, according to Mike Johnson of PWInsider.com. He was at last night's Smackdown taping in Orlando, but the buzz is that he is leaving the company.

Back
Top Bottom