Wrestling Thread Dec 14-20 | 12/20 TNA Final Resolution - Styles vs Daniels, Angles vs Wolfe

Last night was the first ever TLC PPV. It was a good show with a lot of title changes (not that is surprising in today's WWE). Here's a quickrundown:

*Christian d Shelton Benjamin to retain the ECW Title in a Ladder Match. Probably the match of the night. Great opener. The 'no blood' policy isbecoming ridiculous as a cutman had to be used during the match.
*Drew McIntyre d John Morrison to become the Intercontinental Champion. The match was good, but the crowd wasn't into it. They've blown in withMorrison. His goofy gimmick has driven fans away.
*Michelle McCool d Mickie James to retain the Women's Title. McCool is untalented and unattractive. The result here was all wrong.
*Sheamus d John Cena to become the WWE Champion. Obviously the shocker of the night. It was a good match, not great, and had a sloppy finish. It will beinteresting to see how much faith the WWE has in Sheamus.
*The Undertaker d Batista to retain the World Title. The chair stipulation was stupid. Teddy Long restarting the match was even worse, especially after themess that went on in the Cena/Orton match a few months back.
*Randy Orton d Kofi Kingston. Match was fine, but the WWE really blew the booking in this program by giving meaningless matches away before the PPV.
*DX d Jerishow to become the new Tag Team Champions. Good match with a clever finish. I just hate the fact that Jericho is off Raw and DX is on both shows.

In an unprecedented move for the WWE, we have a full SIX weeks before the next PPV, the Royal Rumble. It will be really interesting to see if Sheamus holdsthe title until the Rumble. Will the WWE panic like they so often do if the ratings drop a few tenths of a point?

Tonight is a 3 hour special based around the Slammy Awards. Dennis Miller hosts. I don't know how well he'll connect with the "WWEUniverse". Do little kids even know who he is? Doubtful. Does Miller really know the WWE product? Doubtful. At least he's a good talker, sohopefully he can get the point across tonight.

Here are the categories for tonight's Slammy Awards. I have thrown in some comments.

SUPERSTAR OF THE YEAR
  • Undertaker
  • John Cena
  • Randy Orton
  • CM Punk - Deserves the win.
(Jericho isn't even nominated? W T F????)

Update: There will actually be a mini tournament to determine the Superstar of the Year. Cena will wrestle Punk, and The Undertaker will wrestle Orton. Thewinners will face each other later in the show to determine the winner.

DIVA OF THE YEAR
All are nominated. Fans can vote online. Mickie or Maryse should win.

EXTREME MOMENT OF THE YEAR
  • Kofi Kingston lands a Boom Drop on Randy Orton at MSG - This was probably the most important moment of any of these.
  • Big Show chokeslams John Cena into arena spotlight at Backlash - Cool moment. This will probably win.
  • Jeff Hardy jumps from ladder onto CM Punk at SummerSlam - Didn't this happen in every Hardy match?
  • Triple H invades Randy Orton's home - Give me a break
    eyes.gif
BREAKOUT STAR OF THE YEAR
  • Yoshi Tatsu
  • Drew McIntyre
  • Sheamus - He has to win, right?
  • Abraham Washington- Huh????
    alien.gif
SHOCKER OF THE YEAR
  • Batista turns against former friend Rey Mysterio - This segment was too comical.
  • Randy Orton DDTs Stephanie and forces Triple H to watch - This was a great angle. It should win.
  • CM Punk forces Jeff Hardy to retire after Steel Cage Match victory - Eh, maybe.
  • Sheamus slams Raw host Mark Cuban through a table - No.
TAG TEAM OF THE YEAR
  • Jeri-Show - If DX wins over Jerishow, I'll vomit.
  • D-Generation X
  • The Legacy
  • The Hart Dynasty
MATCH OF THE YEAR
  • Jeff Hardy vs. Edge - Ladder Match at Extreme Rules
  • Shawn Michaels vs. Undertaker at WrestleMania - No match came close to this one. Nothing touches it.
  • John Cena vs. Randy Orton - "I Quit Match" at WWE Breaking Point
  • Team Raw vs. Team SmackDown at WWE Bragging Rights - Are you serious? Did they just pick this match at random and throw it in?
    indifferent.gif
RAW GUEST HOST OF THE YEAR
  • Ozzy & Sharon Osbourne
  • Bob Barker
  • Seth Green
  • Shaquille O'Neal - Shaq should win, but where is Ventura or Piper? They were the best hosts by a long shot.
THE "OH MY" (GOD ISN'T PG) MOMENT OF THE YEAR
  • Chris Masters performs special "dancing pecs" routine for Osbournes
  • Shawn Michaels superkicks little girl in cafeteria
  • Michael Cole vomits on Chris Jericho at SmackDown's 10th Anniversary
  • Santino Marella accidentally nails Vickie with a pie - Stupid category, but rooting for Santino.
I will catch up late for tonight's show. See you guys a little bit later.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

SUPERSTAR OF THE YEAR
  • Undertaker
  • John Cena
  • Randy Orton
  • CM Punk - Deserves the win.
  • Kofi Kingston lands a Boom Drop on Randy Orton at MSG - This was probably the most important moment of any of these.
  • Big Show chokeslams John Cena into arena spotlight at Backlash - Cool moment. This will probably win.
  • Jeff Hardy jumps from ladder onto CM Punk at SummerSlam - Didn't this happen in every Hardy match?
  • Triple H invades Randy Orton's home - Give me a break
    eyes.gif
BREAKOUT STAR OF THE YEAR
  • Yoshi Tatsu
  • Drew McIntyre
  • Sheamus - He has to win, right?
  • Abraham Washington- Huh????
    alien.gif
SHOCKER OF THE YEAR
  • Batista turns against former friend Rey Mysterio - This segment was too comical.
  • Randy Orton DDTs Stephanie and forces Triple H to watch - This was a great angle. It should win.
  • CM Punk forces Jeff Hardy to retire after Steel Cage Match victory - Eh, maybe.
  • Sheamus slams Raw host Mark Cuban through a table - No.
TAG TEAM OF THE YEAR
  • Jeri-Show - If DX wins over Jerishow, I'll vomit.
  • D-Generation X
  • The Legacy
  • The Hart Dynasty
MATCH OF THE YEAR
  • Jeff Hardy vs. Edge - Ladder Match at Extreme Rules
  • Shawn Michaels vs. Undertaker at WrestleMania - No match came close to this one. Nothing touches it.
  • John Cena vs. Randy Orton - "I Quit Match" at WWE Breaking Point
  • Team Raw vs. Team SmackDown at WWE Bragging Rights - Are you serious? Did they just pick this match at random and throw it in?
    indifferent.gif
RAW GUEST HOST OF THE YEAR
  • Ozzy & Sharon Osbourne
  • Bob Barker
  • Seth Green
  • [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Shaquille O'Neal - Shaq should win, but where is Ventura or Piper? They were the best hosts by a long shot.[/color]
THE "OH MY" (GOD ISN'T PG) MOMENT OF THE YEAR
  • Chris Masters performs special "dancing pecs" routine for Osbournes
  • Shawn Michaels superkicks little girl in cafeteria
  • Michael Cole vomits on Chris Jericho at SmackDown's 10th Anniversary
  • Santino Marella accidentally nails Vickie with a pie - Stupid category, but rooting for Santino.
I bolded the ones I thought SHOULD win in red. Didn't even bother with the last category...that $+#% is terrible.

CM Punk should win Superstar OTY...started off the year winning the Intercontinental Title...then won MITB for the 2nd year in a row...cashed in MITB andbecame WH Champ for the 2nd time...became a 3x time Champ a month after...and had the most successful heel turn since Y2J.

Shocker OTY -...I had it as my avatar so you know I'm gonna pick that.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I don't care if they lost last night...JeriShow is the Tag Team OTY. Out of all the title holders (men or women) this year, Jericho was the longest runningchamp...6 months with the Tag Belts.

Match OTY...if anything besides the obvious choice wins...
indifferent.gif

Ventura was far and away the best host but they got a lil' beef at the moment and he was too real for them @@*%** so no surprise he isn't listed.
laugh.gif
Shaq was the best out of the guys in that category.

I have no clue when I'm gonna have time to do N&N (would have done it earlier but good ol' 4w made the thread late
eyes.gif
laugh.gif
)...I goty'all this week tho', trust.
Originally Posted by RKO2004

This good be a good show. We'll see.
48d1671e18d72fd0f38b65aa1a0723d8b46c0fb4.gif

Dennis Miller = Ugh.
sick.gif

And just because you laugh at this jokes King doesn't make him funny.
eyes.gif

I miss the heel King.

They should've brought back Jesse to host or a real comedian like Dave Chappelle.

Originally Posted by toine2983

Dennis Miller = Ugh.
sick.gif

And just because you laugh at this jokes King doesn't make him funny.
eyes.gif

I miss the heel King.

They should've brought back Jesse to host or a real comedian like Dave Chappelle.

I would not miss that.

* Kofi Kingston lands a Boom Drop on Randy Orton at MSG - This was probably the most important moment of any ofthese.
* Big Show chokeslams John Cena into arena spotlight at Backlash - Cool moment. This will probably win.
* Jeff Hardy jumps from ladder onto CM Punk at SummerSlam - Didn't this happen in every Hardy match?
* Triple H invades Randy Orton's home - Give me a break image

Back
Top Bottom