Wrestling Thread Feb 8-14 | 2/14 TNA Against All Odds - Styles vs Joe | Angle vs Anderson

Originally Posted by RKO2004

In a radio interview with Boston's Mix 104 this week, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson shed some new light on his upcoming WWE return, which is expected to take place this summer.

When asked if he plans on wrestling a match, The Rock said:

"How I would come back is a different capacity than what Hulk Hogan did or I believe Ric Flair is doing. Those guys are coming back to actually wrestle. I don't want to wrestle; I have no intention of wrestling a match."

The Rock plans on having a major impact on WWE programming and could serve as a semi-permanent RAW Guest host for the entire summer:

"I do have intention of going back and hosting the show. Hosting a show like that would give me the opportunity to get on the microphone, rip open the writing, and invite guests on to come host with me. We wanted to create something cool and big and fun for the audience."

Yeah he's def coming back now.

He wouldn't be hyping it up so much if he wasn't.

Maybe he'll host on June 7 in Miami?
nerd.gif

They gave us Bret in January, Stone Cold in March...Rock in June would just be
pimp.gif

The rock would be a great host. Since he knows the game. Him not wrestling is kind of a let down, even though he shouldn't risk getting hurt.

I wanna see brock come back to host. that angle be $$$.

Originally Posted by Mr DragonFly Jones

209o9xw.gif

laugh.gif
Damn, and that's an old man type fall.
See, if he just stumbled and kept going straight, it'd be alright, but once his *** touched the floor and got into a half Indian style position, it just becomes sad
laugh.gif

watching raw last night i have decided that cm punk is the best performer in wwe. The way he ran the promo on raw had so many undertones that i havnt seen in wwe. Besides the obvious jesus type look, just look at how he clutches the mic in both hands, reminds me of the wine goblet at church. Then theres the ses which dosent have quite a cult feel to it, but more of masonesque vibe. And how many people can pull off a antidrug gimmick as a heel. a Then theres also the fact that he is a top 5 wrestler in wwe that can have a great match with anyone not named great kahli. Imo, hes already at hbk and y2j level.

Originally Posted by CelticsPride34

watching raw last night i have decided that cm punk is the best performer in wwe. The way he ran the promo on raw had so many undertones that i havnt seen in wwe. Besides the obvious jesus type look, just look at how he clutches the mic in both hands, reminds me of the wine goblet at church. Then theres the ses which dosent have quite a cult feel to it, but more of masonesque vibe. And how many people can pull off a antidrug gimmick as a heel. a Then theres also the fact that he is a top 5 wrestler in wwe that can have a great match with anyone not named great kahli. Imo, hes already at hbk and y2j level.

WWE took his heel gimmick from ROH and made ALOT better.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

Originally Posted by Mr DragonFly Jones

209o9xw.gif

laugh.gif
Damn, and that's an old man type fall.
See, if he just stumbled and kept going straight, it'd be alright, but once his *** touched the floor and got into a half Indian style position, it just becomes sad
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Morrison just happened to get injured on Smackdown this week. No X by the ref=no dice as far as it being a real injury. Looks like they found a way to get HBK in the elimination chamber
pimp.gif

morrison really did hurt his ankle this week but nuthin serious. Btw, 3 wrestling threads on page 1, even if one is filled with idiots

morrison really did hurt his ankle this week but nuthin serious.
Well lets just hope its kayfabe.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/arti...-tapings-96215
John Morrison posted the following tweet on his official Twitter account:

"My ankle is broken in three places, but I'm just going to walk it off- on the flight to Quito"

eek.gif
All X-Division PPV? C'mon TNA, don't mess this up!

The past, present, and future collide when the young guns of TNA take center stage in an all X-Division Pay-Per-View! TNA Wrestling presents Destination X LIVE! Sunday, March 21, 2010 on Pay-per-View.
292v9ly.jpg

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by MBlackmon

eek.gif
All X-Division PPV? C'mon TNA, don't mess this up!

The past, present, and future collide when the young guns of TNA take center stage in an all X-Division Pay-Per-View! TNA Wrestling presents Destination X LIVE! Sunday, March 21, 2010 on Pay-per-View.

could be epic but Hogan & *****off are running things now
tired.gif

haven't watched any wrestling in a minute.. but i was flippin channels last week and i seen iMPACT was on so i was like kanye shrug i guess i'll tune in for a bit.. so the main event is nash vs foley and the ending is hall and xpac beatin them up...........
indifferent.gif

kazarian aint suicide hogan is and he needs to take a trip to the golden gate bridge asap.

awhile back i straight deaded wrestling for like 2years.. but with tna coming along and my hopes for that company to succeed, i guess that's what made me get back into wrestling. as well as the weekly wrestling threads here on nt. i foreal give up on wrestling this time word to that "grown men watching pro wrestling????????" thread.
and i don't know whats goin on with the whole bret hart thing, but that gif of him falling is just sad.
tired.gif

http://thewrestlingdaily.com/?p=8852
feel the same way dead on
smh.gif

Big News: WWE Finished With The Survivor Series PPV
During a conference call today, Vince McMahon said that the PPV name Survivor Series is now "obsolete," and will not be used as the title of the November event in the future. He added that the PPV name has "outlasted its usage."

WWE Asks Fans What Themed PPV Ideas They Want To See
WWE sent out a survey today asking fans if they would be interested in seeing the following PPV ideas. Additionally, the survery notes that the annual WWE draft would possibly be moved to a PPV night , with Superstars and Divas competing in matches to win draft picks for their respective brands.

PPV Name/Theme Ideas:

Tournament:

Single Elimintation "bracket style" tournament where Superstars would compete in multiple matches during the night to become the winner of the tournament. (like this hasn't been done
eyes.gif
)

Legends PPV:

Each match would feature a WWE Legend.

War Games:

Teams of 5 Collide in 2 cages. 2 participants begin the match with a new participant added every 5 minutes. This process is alternated between teams until all members from both teams are present.

Street Fight:

Main Events would feature a 'Street Fight' stipulation where there are no disqualifications & pin-falls count anywhere. Superstars often compete in street clothes.

Money in the Bank PPV:

The main event "Money in the Bank" match requires Superstars to climb a ladder and retrieve a briefcase hung high above the ring. The winner can "cash in" the briefcase for a championship title shot throughout the year. Qualifying matches earlier in the event will determine participants for the "Money in the Bank" match.

Roulette:

Main Event Stipulations would be determined by the spin of a roulette wheel.

Battle Bowl PPV:

Random Tag Teams compete together - sometimes arch-rivals - with the winning teams being put in a 2-ring Battle Royal. The winner could potentially recieve a championship match.

as a former WCW mark my vote goes to a War Games or Battle Bowl ppv 

Originally Posted by hellaones

Big News: WWE Finished With The Survivor Series PPV
During a conference call today, Vince McMahon said that the PPV name Survivor Series is now "obsolete," and will not be used as the title of the November event in the future. He added that the PPV name has "outlasted its usage."

WWE Asks Fans What Themed PPV Ideas They Want To See
WWE sent out a survey today asking fans if they would be interested in seeing the following PPV ideas. Additionally, the survery notes that the annual WWE draft would possibly be moved to a PPV night , with Superstars and Divas competing in matches to win draft picks for their respective brands.

PPV Name/Theme Ideas:

Tournament:

Single Elimintation "bracket style" tournament where Superstars would compete in multiple matches during the night to become the winner of the tournament. (like this hasn't been done
eyes.gif
)

Legends PPV:

Each match would feature a WWE Legend.

War Games:

Teams of 5 Collide in 2 cages. 2 participants begin the match with a new participant added every 5 minutes. This process is alternated between teams until all members from both teams are present.

Street Fight:

Main Events would feature a 'Street Fight' stipulation where there are no disqualifications & pin-falls count anywhere. Superstars often compete in street clothes.

Money in the Bank PPV:

The main event "Money in the Bank" match requires Superstars to climb a ladder and retrieve a briefcase hung high above the ring. The winner can "cash in" the briefcase for a championship title shot throughout the year. Qualifying matches earlier in the event will determine participants for the "Money in the Bank" match.

Roulette:

Main Event Stipulations would be determined by the spin of a roulette wheel.

Battle Bowl PPV:

Random Tag Teams compete together - sometimes arch-rivals - with the winning teams being put in a 2-ring Battle Royal. The winner could potentially recieve a championship match.

as a former WCW mark my vote goes to a War Games or Battle Bowl ppv 

Vince kill yo self. How in the world do you ge rid of Survivor Series, No Way Out, Badd Blood, KING OF THE RING, Armageddon, Unforgiven, heck even In Your House
pimp.gif
for TLC, Elimination Chamber and etc? Watch Backlash/Judgment is next
laugh.gif

Huh Vince you lovable old idiot.

William Regal was added to my RAW live show so it's safe to assume he's moving to Raw.

BOOM. NT getting the inside info before wrestling insider sites
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

William Regal was added to my RAW live show so it's safe to assume he's moving to Raw.

BOOM. NT getting the inside info before wrestling insider sites
laugh.gif

High_Five.jpg

Survivor Series would still be popular if they kept the premise, I really think Vince's ego is way too big, it always has been but he has been able to use it. If they went back to the true format of Survivor Series it would work.

They should also move it back to Thanksgiving Eve but I'm just an idiot fan who only buys WM because about 30 people chip in.

smh.gif
 @ WWE getting rid of Survivor Series.

A War Games PPV would be nice though.
pimp.gif

WWE should leave MITB as a Wrestlemania only match. They're really taking the luster off their "special matches" with all these gimmick PPVs.

I don't mind getting read of Survivor Series because in reality the concept really is beyond dated. The Survivor Series match really don't mean anything anymore. And back in the day the idea of big stars teaming up to take on other big stars didn't happen very often, now it happens all the time.

Back
Top Bottom