Wrestling Thread Feb 8-14 | 2/14 TNA Against All Odds - Styles vs Joe | Angle vs Anderson

e9e897649b8945e5b66f572a62765473_XL.jpg

TNA WRESTLING "IMPACT!" - EVERY THURSDAY AT 9/8C ON SPIKE TV

Total Nonstop Action Wrestling presents two hours of TNA "iMPACT!" every Thursday night at 9/8c on SpikeTV

Tune in to see your favorite TNA Superstars, including Hulk Hogan, TNA World Heavyweight Champion AJ Styles, Kurt Angle, Ric Flair, Mr. Anderson, Mick  Foley, Team 3D and many more!

The 8 Card Stud Tournament Qualifying continues on Thursday night - who will advance to Against All Odds this Sunday? Which Superstar will win the tournament and a shot at the TNA World Heavyweight Championship at Lockdown? Tune in and find out!

Plus, the road continues to the February 14 "Against All Odds" Pay-Per-View event! Tune into "iMPACT!" for the latest on the huge three-hour epic event!

All this and much more on Thursday's huge "iMPACT!" broadcast on SpikeTV

TNA Impact tonight on Spike.  We didn't get a card ahead of time, but based on what was taped at the last tapings and hasn't aired, it should be something close to this:
*The Pope vs. Orlando Jordan - I think this is for a spot in Sunday's Eight Card Stud tournament for a title shot
*Kurt Angle & Mr. Anderson vs. Desmond Wolfe & Hernandez in the TNA version of Parejas increibles
*Matt Morgan vs. Suicide (who would have been better off this week if he adhered to the sacred mask rules of the great Mil Mascaras--always take showers with your mask on) - I think this is also a tournament match
*Doug Williams vs. Amazing Red for the X title - I was told this was a very good match
*Tara & Angelina Love vs. Velvet Sky & Madison Rayne & Lacey Von Erich
*Beer Money vs. Brutus Magnus & Rob Terry

Getting rid of Survivor Series is a dumb idea, just skip the stupid Bragging Rights.

Wargames or Battlebowl would be awesome though. It'd be great to see King of the Ring get a PPV again but knowing WWE they'll call it something like "WWE Endurance Tournament Challenge"
eyes.gif

*Rey Mysterio Jr vs CM Punk
*Kane vs Drew McIntyre
*Mickie James vs Michelle McCool and Layla
*Matt Hardy & Great Khali vs The Hart Dynasty
*R-Truth vs John Morrison
*The Undertaker vs Chris Jericho

Showmiz vs. Kofi and MVP has been advertised as the co main event for the WWE Supershow in my hometown (Chicago) for Friday, February 20th.

Guess Gold-Yosh isn't winning on the last episode of ECW!

That Morrison injury is definitely a work, the way it came across on television. I am pretty sure that's how HBK is going to get into the Smackdown Elimination Chamber.

Originally Posted by AirVandal180

That Morrison injury is definitely a work, the way it came across on television. I am pretty sure that's how HBK is going to get into the Smackdown Elimination Chamber.
exactly what I was thinking
laugh.gif

aint even look like he landed that bad but hey you never know

That was straight
pimp.gif
 how Gallows just laid Rey on Pun's shoulders and he finished him off.

Originally Posted by toine2983

smh.gif
 @ WWE getting rid of Survivor Series.

A War Games PPV would be nice though.
pimp.gif

WWE should leave MITB as a Wrestlemania only match. They're really taking the luster off their "special matches" with all these gimmick PPVs.

The supposed ankle injury that John Morrison sustained at this week's Smackdown taping, which resulted in him claiming that he had broken the ankle in three places, was apparently a work. The Tweet that Morrison posted on his Twitter account was reportedly a joke, as Morrison recently competed at WWE's house show event in Quito, Ecuador in a tag team match along side Matt Hardy.

Yawn. Not saying I called it but eh..it sounded like a work to begin with.

Dang, batista's canadian tuxedo gives him so many more points in my book. So much heat, I love it, hahaha.

Just wanted to throw my opinion out on Survivor Series being axed which is undoubtably related to its dismal buy rate in 2009. Let me say this clearly Vince....

THE PROBLEM ISN'T THE PPV NAME OR THEME. THE PROBLEM IS THE NUMBER OF PPVS, REPETITIVE MATCHES, AND CRAP STORYLINES.

I'm personally sad to see Survivor Series go. It's an important part of WWE history, and I remember as a little kid waking up on Thanksgiving day trying to find out the results of the previous night's show. With the WWE's move to solely gimmick PPVs outside of the Big 3 (since it's no longer than Big 4), I don't understand why a PPV of 4 on 4 or 5 on 5 teams wouldn't work. Give fans a reason to care about the matches instead of just throwing together random teams two weeks before the show, and I'm sure the PPV would do just fine. Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised to see Survivor Series return in a few years. Plus c'mon, Survivor Series is a GREAT name.

f8b84457f79954b52239c255e44b3bb1_XL.jpg

Preview from WrestlingObserver:

*A.J. Styles vs. Samoa Joe for the TNA title - If nothing else, this should be a great main event as these two know each other, usually have good matches and both as a general rule turn it up on PPV.
*Team 3-D vs. Nasty Boys - A weapons brawl.  You know what you're getting.  Not sure how much the Nasty Boys, who are close to 50, and Knobs is in real bad shape these days, are going to be able to bring
*The rest is a tournament with these first round matches:
*Desmond Wolfe vs. The Pope - They had a good match on PPV already
*Kurt Angle vs. Mr. Anderson - Angle rarely has bad matches on PPV. And for all the faults of Mr. Anderson, he's not Mark Henry
*Mick Foley vs. Abyss - Probably will be short.  I can't see Foley winning only because he really shouldn't be doing more than a few matches in a year, let alone two of the same show.
*Matt Morgan vs. Hernandez

The show largely depends on how the tournament is built since it's going to encompass seven matches.

It kind of disturbs me to think that Foley still feels the need to do things like get slammed on thumbtacks.

Back
Top Bottom