Wrestling Thread Jan 5-18 | 1/16 New Japan Debuts on AXS 9pm et - Tanahashi v Okada 2013

Man all TYPES of groupie stuff was probably going on here. @Meangene45
 would love one of these today

View media item 1339377

There once was a time when sports-entertainment fans had the opportunity to play a game of shuffleboard with Scott Steiner, enjoy a midnight buffet with Johnny B. Badd and battle “The Z-Man” Tom Zenk in a limbo contest. It was the early ’90s — a glorious age when a wrestler could wear a neon fanny pack without fear of ridicule — and not one, but two wrestling-themed cruises were troubling the waters. (PHOTOS
)

It began in 1991 when a group of WCW competitors embarked on the wonderfully named Bruise Cruise. In retrospect, it should have been a disaster. The Atlanta-based company mixed infamous troublemakers like big Scott Hall and The Fabulous Freebirds with hundreds of WCW fans, added water and waited for the reaction. But, to everyone’s surprise, it turned out pretty well. So well, in fact, that the Bruise Cruise sailed off and on for the next eight years with the likes of "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan and The Nitro Girls on board. Not only that, but WWE decided to launch an ocean liner of their own in 1996 with the debut of the Wrestle Vessel.

“I was always jealous of those fans, because I never got to do it,” Zack Ryder told WWE.com when asked about WWE’s foray into ocean travel. “You got to tan. You got to meet your favorite Superstars. It seemed like a dream come true.”

As far as WWE Classics can tell, it kind of was. While some celebrity conventions skimp on the big names, WWE went all out with the two Wrestle Vessels, sending future WWE Hall of Famers like Shawn Michaels, Bret “Hit Man” Hart and Sunny to sea on the ship’s voyages. Even Good Ol’ J.R. made the trip. By all accounts, those excursions followed WWE’s family friendly standards (well, except for “Stone Cold” Steve Austin who wore a shirt that said “Take Me Drunk I’m Home”) with Superstars participating in autograph sessions, volleyball tournaments and a communal viewing of Monday Night Raw. (WATCH
) The inaugural WCW Bruise Cruise, on the other hand, sounded more like a floating frat house than a vacation for the kids.

“It was a good time,” said Michael “P.S.” Hayes — a guest on WCW’s first expedition and a man who appreciates the freedoms of international waters. “Me and Jimmy 'Jam' [Garvin] started a food fight one night. A couple of tops came off in the pool. We drank and played cards. It wasn’t PG at all, but it was pretty cool.”

this was a cool read...

but did you have to pick that color font? :lol:

Last edited:
Anyone got any good puroresu resources? Always wanted to get more into it and WK9 pushed me over the edge . Anywhere I can read up on the history of some companies and also watch complete shows. Thinking about the NJPW network but also want to learn more about some other organizations

XgrRNFa.jpg

watching WK9... man i'm really diggin kenny omega... dude is smooth in the ring, got a sick finisher and got that weird swag to him... plus his theme is tuff

Last edited:
guys what's up I'm finally back!! new years is over I am done with the parade for now! if no one knows what the Philadelphia mummers parade is Google it YouTube it. it's a great 100 year tradition. my brigade performs indoors with 11 clubs. my club(satin slipper) placed third this year which is great being that we haven't placed top 3 in 15 years!

I was late with my ss gifts but am mailing them this weekend. I already pm my guy and we are good !

I can not wait for the rumble. I have two raws to watch. I can't believe resell tickets are going threw the roof crazy. what's been going on anything good?

so I read today that Vince is pissed about the nxt success ? what the hell is up wit this dude.

hey Vince I hope you're reading this. you have to go. I'm happy and thankful for what you did for this business but ever since you bought your compition you basically have been slowly killing the business to the point where I'm pretty sure you don't even care about the wrestling side of it. please retire or sell your business. thank you.

I been saying it on ntwt he needs to go and we won't have all gears going until hhh takes over 100%

Last edited:
guys what's up I'm finally back!! new years is over I am done with the parade for now! if no one knows what the Philadelphia mummers parade is Google it YouTube it. it's a great 100 year tradition. my brigade performs indoors with 11 clubs. my club(satin slipper) placed third this year which is great being that we haven't placed top 3 in 15 years!

I was late with my ss gifts but am mailing them this weekend. I already pm my guy and we are good !

I can not wait for the rumble. I have two raws to watch. I can't believe resell tickets are going threw the roof crazy. what's been going on anything good?

so I read today that Vince is pissed about the nxt success ? what the hell is up wit this dude.

hey Vince I hope you're reading this. you have to go. I'm happy and thankful for what you did for this business but ever since you bought your compition you basically have been slowly killing the business to the point where I'm pretty sure you don't even care about the wrestling side of it. please retire or sell your business. thank you.

I been saying it on ntwt he needs to go and we won't have all gears going until hhh takes over 100%
look for the Wrestle Kingdom 9 show, you'll love it.

look for the Wrestle Kingdom 9 show, you'll love it.
how would one go about doing it?

Back
Top Bottom