Wrestling Thread Jan 9-22 | 1/20 Smackdown Roulette from Vega - D Bry vs Mark Henry

Originally Posted by YardFather

I have a feeling we'll see JoMo back in the WWE within a year or two.

yeah im gonna have to agree on this one.

Let some of the heat die down, JoMo takes some time to heal up from injuries, DOESNT go to TNA.

WWE will scoop him back up by October

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

FYI

In the Internet giants seriously considering 'nuclear option' to stop SOPA thread...Meth said
Originally Posted by Method Man

Just a heads up:
NikeTalk will be part of the blackout tomorrow.  
So GotHoles might want to post his sloppy copypasta NEWZ today. 

eek.gif
@ a Grizz sighting. Bum. <3

eek.gif
eek.gif
How did I not see that thread!?!

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

Don't worry, guys. I found the source of GHIMS's "Newz and Noutes". http://www.fortunecity.com/olympia/akabusi/283/index.html Now, feel free to let out a sigh of relief!

This is so me and my friends circa 2000
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

we had a backyard fed too, with tapes upon tapes of matches we did (which will never be released)

it was like 7 of us, each with 3-4 gimmicks each, so we had a nice little roster of original gimmicks
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by VeintiSiete

Don't worry, guys. I found the source of GHIMS's "Newz and Noutes". http://www.fortunecity.com/olympia/akabusi/283/index.html Now, feel free to let out a sigh of relief!

laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

we had a backyard fed too, with tapes upon tapes of matches we did (which will never be released)

it was like 7 of us, each with 3-4 gimmicks each, so we had a nice little roster of original gimmicks
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 Same here. We did all our matches on a trampoline. Stables, titles, gimmicks, etc.

The good ol days

laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 Same here. We did all our matches on a trampoline. Stables, titles, gimmicks, etc.

The good ol days
laugh.gif
I remember in 6th grade having people sign "contracts", and when they didn't, people were getting snuffed.I felt
like commish HBK sending Bossman and Ken Shamrock to do my dirty work
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Peep Game

laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

The good ol days
laugh.gif
I remember in 6th grade having people sign "contracts", and when they didn't, people were getting snuffed.I felt
like commish HBK sending Bossman and Ken Shamrock to do my dirty work
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Yeah me and my boys always tried catching each other slipping and hit a stunner or sweet chin music if we didn't fulfill our "contracts"

Originally Posted by Grizzly Hebert

I'd still beat yo @%# though.

Ha! You're half fossilized, old man. Someone's gotta put a nail in the coffin.

Yo Grizz, if you're around this thread in a couple of weeks, I got a little proposition for you regarding this thing we got going on around here in early April.

You may be very interested in what I have to say.

Spoiler [+]
Planting-seeds.jpg

WWE Smackdown last Friday, January 13 scored a 2.18 rating, up 21 percent compared to a 1.80 rating the previous week to start 2012.

Smackdown averaged 3.13 million viewers, which was also up 21 percent compared to the previous week's average. It was the first Friday night airing to crack three million viewers since Dec. 9. Smackdown also topped the most-recent Tuesday night live Smackdown special, which averaged 3.05 million viewers on Nov. 29.

Source PWTorch

. Bry = Ratings.

Spoiler [+]
1326845890071.gif

WWE Smackdown last Friday, January 13 scored a 2.18 rating, up 21 percent compared to a 1.80 rating the previous week to start 2012.

Smackdown averaged 3.13 million viewers, which was also up 21 percent compared to the previous week's average. It was the first Friday night airing to crack three million viewers since Dec. 9. Smackdown also topped the most-recent Tuesday night live Smackdown special, which averaged 3.05 million viewers on Nov. 29.

Source PWTorch

. Bry = Ratings.

Spoiler [+]
1326845890071.gif

With how quickly it's been reported that Vince soured on Ryder because of ratings and how many times they've thrown the title on Cena due to ratings dips, this is GREAT news for DAT BOY DBRYAN as champion.

pimp.gif

LpLY7.gif

Since we were talking about Savage leaving the WWF yesterday, they just happened to post the Nov 14, 1994 Observer Newsletter which was the exact week Savage left.  Here are some details.
In a stunning move, the ten-year relationship of the World Wrestling Federation and Randy Savage (Randy Poffo) came to an end over the weekend with Savage in the midst of serious negotiations with World Championship Wrestling. Savage, who turns 42 on 11/15, had apparently mended fences with Hulk Hogan after a bitter out-of-the-ring hatred between the two stemming from Savage's much-publicized 1992 divorce. Savage went so far as to publicly speak out on WWF Radio attempting to bury Hogan personally last year in regard to both his marriage break-up and Hogan's comments on steroids on Arsenio Hall and how it hurt the business. However, in a recent newspaper article, when the subject of the Flair-Hogan match in WCW was brought up, Savage claimed he was friends with Hogan and didn't want to say anything bad about him but then tried to downplay the match by saying how the WWF was No. 1. Apparently it was Hogan or Jimmy Hart who, wanting to relive his glory days against the opponent that he drew more money with than any other, patched things up to allow negotiations to bring Savage to WCW to feud with Hogan (although Savage will come in as a babyface and turn during the summer to set up a major fall program in a scenario that looks to be a repeated format they'll be using often during Hogan's WCW tenure), and even lined Savage up with a guest shot on "Baywatch" over the last few weeks. Word we get at press time is that Savage will debut at Starrcade making a guest appearance and will debut in the ring at the January 25, 1995 Clash of Champions in Hampton, VA, probably in a tag match with Hogan against Butcher & Avalanche. Although the deal with WCW apparently hadn't been completed, WWF President Vince McMahon apparently received word of the serious negotiations going on between Savage and Eric Bischoff and it led to the split between the two. Savage was doing promos for being a special ref for the Backlund-Hart title rematch on 11/26 at Madison Square Garden as recently as one week ago. Publicly McMahon did something he had never done before on the live Monday Night Raw on 11/7, saying Savage and the WWF had failed to come to terms on a new contract and heavily praised Savage for the all good he had done the company and talked of being a personal fan of Savage and wishing him well in whatever endeavors he does in the future. Reports are there are a lot of shocked people in the WWF over Savage leaving, because even though his days as their big money draw were over, he was still the single wrestler most identified with WWF and the big link to the glory days, and McMahon considered him a good friend. We've received no word on what range of dollar signs it took to lure Savage from the WWF other than as of about a week to ten days before press time, Savage reportedly was asking for $600,000 per year and WCW was unwilling to go that high. Apparently Hogan and WCW's idea regarding the eventual Hogan-Savage feud could and it has been discussed would include Savage's ex-wife Elizabeth Heulette. Heulette has a no-compete clause signed as part of her release from the WWF in 1992 that expires early next year and at one point this past year had expressed interest in joining WCW but whatever talks were considered were broken up before they started due to her no-compete clause. Apparently the idea would involve an updated version of the angle that led to Wrestlemania V, which was the highest grossing wrestling event of all-time, probably a shoot-work angle throwing the divorce in as part of the angle.

The beginnings of the negotiations with Savage preceded the Hogan-Flair match, which from virtually all independent reports has to be considered a huge disappointment. Further reports this past week from independent sources that track PPV buys have pinpointed the buy rate at approximately 0.97. WCW sources publicly are insisting the show did a 1.45 and remain furious at suggestions otherwise, although the wrestlers were actually told at the Disney tapings it did a 1.6, and other sources within WCW are saying anything from 0.9 to 1.4. There continues to be a lot of concern, coming off this disappointment, for the Starrcade PPV, the first show of the new WCW out with the old and in with the old regime, billed as "Triple Threat," with a triple main event consisting of four matches that we know of (?)--Hulk Hogan vs. The Butcher (Ed "Brutus Beefcake" Leslie) for the WCW title. Titan Sports owns a trademark on both Brutus Beefcake and the wrestling character of The Barber so Leslie couldn't use any of those three names as his WCW ring name; Sting vs. Avalanche, Jim Duggan vs. Vader and Mr. T vs. Kevin Sullivan which obviously will come out of an angle at the 11/16 Clash.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Since we were talking about Savage leaving the WWF yesterday, they just happened to post the Nov 14, 1994 Observer Newsletter which was the exact week Savage left.  Here are some details.
In a stunning move, the ten-year relationship of the World Wrestling Federation and Randy Savage (Randy Poffo) came to an end over the weekend with Savage in the midst of serious negotiations with World Championship Wrestling. Savage, who turns 42 on 11/15, had apparently mended fences with Hulk Hogan after a bitter out-of-the-ring hatred between the two stemming from Savage's much-publicized 1992 divorce. Savage went so far as to publicly speak out on WWF Radio attempting to bury Hogan personally last year in regard to both his marriage break-up and Hogan's comments on steroids on Arsenio Hall and how it hurt the business. However, in a recent newspaper article, when the subject of the Flair-Hogan match in WCW was brought up, Savage claimed he was friends with Hogan and didn't want to say anything bad about him but then tried to downplay the match by saying how the WWF was No. 1. Apparently it was Hogan or Jimmy Hart who, wanting to relive his glory days against the opponent that he drew more money with than any other, patched things up to allow negotiations to bring Savage to WCW to feud with Hogan (although Savage will come in as a babyface and turn during the summer to set up a major fall program in a scenario that looks to be a repeated format they'll be using often during Hogan's WCW tenure), and even lined Savage up with a guest shot on "Baywatch" over the last few weeks. Word we get at press time is that Savage will debut at Starrcade making a guest appearance and will debut in the ring at the January 25, 1995 Clash of Champions in Hampton, VA, probably in a tag match with Hogan against Butcher & Avalanche. Although the deal with WCW apparently hadn't been completed, WWF President Vince McMahon apparently received word of the serious negotiations going on between Savage and Eric Bischoff and it led to the split between the two. Savage was doing promos for being a special ref for the Backlund-Hart title rematch on 11/26 at Madison Square Garden as recently as one week ago. Publicly McMahon did something he had never done before on the live Monday Night Raw on 11/7, saying Savage and the WWF had failed to come to terms on a new contract and heavily praised Savage for the all good he had done the company and talked of being a personal fan of Savage and wishing him well in whatever endeavors he does in the future. [color= rgb(0, 0, 0)]Reports are there are a lot of shocked people in the WWF over Savage leaving, because even though his days as their big money draw were over, he was still the single wrestler most identified with WWF and the big link to the glory days, and McMahon considered him a good friend until he had sex with his daughter.[/color] We've received no word on what range of dollar signs it took to lure Savage from the WWF other than as of about a week to ten days before press time, Savage reportedly was asking for $600,000 per year and WCW was unwilling to go that high. Apparently Hogan and WCW's idea regarding the eventual Hogan-Savage feud could and it has been discussed would include Savage's ex-wife Elizabeth Heulette. Heulette has a no-compete clause signed as part of her release from the WWF in 1992 that expires early next year and at one point this past year had expressed interest in joining WCW but whatever talks were considered were broken up before they started due to her no-compete clause. Apparently the idea would involve an updated version of the angle that led to Wrestlemania V, which was the highest grossing wrestling event of all-time, probably a shoot-work angle throwing the divorce in as part of the angle.

The beginnings of the negotiations with Savage preceded the Hogan-Flair match, which from virtually all independent reports has to be considered a huge disappointment. Further reports this past week from independent sources that track PPV buys have pinpointed the buy rate at approximately 0.97. WCW sources publicly are insisting the show did a 1.45 and remain furious at suggestions otherwise, although the wrestlers were actually told at the Disney tapings it did a 1.6, and other sources within WCW are saying anything from 0.9 to 1.4. There continues to be a lot of concern, coming off this disappointment, for the Starrcade PPV, the first show of the new WCW out with the old and in with the old regime, billed as "Triple Threat," with a triple main event consisting of four matches that we know of (?)--Hulk Hogan vs. The Butcher (Ed "Brutus Beefcake" Leslie) for the WCW title. Titan Sports owns a trademark on both Brutus Beefcake and the wrestling character of The Barber so Leslie couldn't use any of those three names as his WCW ring name; Sting vs. Avalanche, Jim Duggan vs. Vader and Mr. T vs. Kevin Sullivan which obviously will come out of an angle at the 11/16 Clash.

I told ya'll.

Originally Posted by im that one

Originally Posted by Peep Game

eek.gif
eek.gif
 man @#$% this dude. Reminding me of wasted potential like Brian Kendrick.
Tenay: What's Matt Sydal doing in the Impact Zone?

Tazz: Looks like he's smokin' synthetic weed, there Don. These kids today...I'm sure Van Dam won't like em' infringin' his gimmick.

396372_307989349243821_100000982753497_899018_560362520_n.jpg

I mean, look at that water pipe back there.
laugh.gif
It's bigger than Bourne!

Truly pathetic actions on his part. I don't see the harm with the occasional smoke; but when you're working corporate, even as an independent contractor, you have to know you can't cross the line. Save those smoke sessions for when you retire off that good WWE money. In this type of business you only get a handful of good years to make great money, and that's if you're lucky. It's a one shot type deal. Now, Bourne is as good as gone. Pissing away his talent ala Kendrick/London. Not only that but selfishly putting Kofi in an awkward situation.

Pretty classless stuff.

Oh well, though. I'm sure Justin Gabriel is out there somewhere smiling. Air Africa?

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]could be worse... could be this guy, have No balls and Not be a man.[/color]
wwe_morrison1_576x324.jpg

I bet you wouldn't say it to his face 
he is gonna be a champion in the WWE one day; I hope he is getting acting lessons right now

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

In a stunning move, the ten-year relationship of the World Wrestling Federation and Randy Savage (Randy Poffo) came to an end over the weekend with Savage in the midst of serious negotiations with World Championship Wrestling. Savage, who turns 42 on 11/15, had apparently mended fences with Hulk Hogan after a bitter out-of-the-ring hatred between the two stemming from Savage's much-publicized 1992 divorce. Savage went so far as to publicly speak out on WWF Radio attempting to bury Hogan personally last year in regard to both his marriage break-up and Hogan's comments on steroids on Arsenio Hall and how it hurt the business. However, in a recent newspaper article, when the subject of the Flair-Hogan match in WCW was brought up, Savage claimed he was friends with Hogan and didn't want to say anything bad about him but then tried to downplay the match by saying how the WWF was No. 1. Apparently it was Hogan or Jimmy Hart who, wanting to relive his glory days against the opponent that he drew more money with than any other, patched things up to allow negotiations to bring Savage to WCW to feud with Hogan (although Savage will come in as a babyface and turn during the summer to set up a major fall program in a scenario that looks to be a repeated format they'll be using often during Hogan's WCW tenure), and even lined Savage up with a guest shot on "Baywatch" over the last few weeks. Word we get at press time is that Savage will debut at Starrcade making a guest appearance and will debut in the ring at the January 25, 1995 Clash of Champions in Hampton, VA, probably in a tag match with Hogan against Butcher & Avalanche. Although the deal with WCW apparently hadn't been completed, WWF President Vince McMahon apparently received word of the serious negotiations going on between Savage and Eric Bischoff and it led to the split between the two. Savage was doing promos for being a special ref for the Backlund-Hart title rematch on 11/26 at Madison Square Garden as recently as one week ago. Publicly McMahon did something he had never done before on the live Monday Night Raw on 11/7, saying Savage and the WWF had failed to come to terms on a new contract and heavily praised Savage for the all good he had done the company and talked of being a personal fan of Savage and wishing him well in whatever endeavors he does in the future. [color= rgb(0, 0, 0)]Reports are there are a lot of shocked people in the WWF over Savage leaving, because even though his days as their big money draw were over, he was still the single wrestler most identified with WWF and the big link to the glory days, and McMahon considered him a good friend until he had sex with his daughter.[/color] We've received no word on what range of dollar signs it took to lure Savage from the WWF other than as of about a week to ten days before press time, Savage reportedly was asking for $600,000 per year and WCW was unwilling to go that high. Apparently Hogan and WCW's idea regarding the eventual Hogan-Savage feud could and it has been discussed would include Savage's ex-wife Elizabeth Heulette. Heulette has a no-compete clause signed as part of her release from the WWF in 1992 that expires early next year and at one point this past year had expressed interest in joining WCW but whatever talks were considered were broken up before they started due to her no-compete clause. Apparently the idea would involve an updated version of the angle that led to Wrestlemania V, which was the highest grossing wrestling event of all-time, probably a shoot-work angle throwing the divorce in as part of the angle.

I told ya'll.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You a fool homie. You had me re-reading 4w post like three times...

Hey 916, brasilian or anyone else with WWE 12.

I'm one trophy away from platinuming WWE 12 and the last trophy is for the taking part in the Royal Rumble winner's event in Universe. I tried playing Rumble match several times, but everytime my entrant is set to come the ring the countdown timer dissappears and the game freezes.
indifferent.gif

If I simulate the Rumble will the Royal Rumble winner's event still take place and if I participate in it will I get the trophy?

I won the Rumble with my CAW and 2 weeks later I was able to partake in the event. But I'm pretty sure you could simulate the match and still get the trophy.

As long as you get the cut-scene during the even you should get the trophy.

tYou don't have to win the royal rumble to unlocked "Royal rumble winner event"

All you have to do is pick who you want to fight.. at the event..

Good looks fellas.

Any of y'all ever had the freezing problem with the Rumble I was talking about.

Back
Top Bottom