Wrestling Thread June 8-14 | 6/12 Smackdown - CM Punk is the New World Champ, Punk vs Jericho

^^^ While I am picking show, the odds of him winning are minimal. I would think Orton would be the logical choice, but HGH is neck and nose with Orton. Cenacant be discredited either. The mor I think of it, there is NO WAY show is winning lol.

Mitsuharu Misawa, regarded as one of the greatest professional wrestlers of all-time, died on Saturday night from an apparent heart attack after taking a back body drop during a tag team match in Hiroshima, Japan.

He took what was described as a routine back suplex from Akitoshi Saito and did not get up. Medics attempted CPR, but his heart stopped beating in the ring.

It's been reported that he passed away at the hospital, but he may have actually passed away in the ring.

^
eek.gif
on some owen hart steez.

RIP

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Damn shame. Any info onthe guy? Did he have heart problems? Was he old?
He was 46, 5 days shy of his birthday on Thursday.
ohwell.gif

He didn't have any recorded drug problems. He was 6'1, 243 . Slightly overweight. He debuted in 1981. He had a ground breaking 24 5 star matches fromWrestling Observer and won numerous titles. He really is arguably one of the best there was in the business.

R.I.P.

Edit: Here's a picture of the legend.
im00050791.jpg

The N.O.V gimmick has definitely made Samoa Joe an interesting character again. It will be interesting to see how they incorporate Taz as his mentor, once hisnon compete clause ends. Also a good possibility that both Kennedy and Umaga will be joining sometime in September as TNA has strong interest. Some in thecompany believe there is big money in a Umaga vs Joe feud.

Some in the company believe there is big money in a Umaga vs Joe feud.

An Umaga/Joe program has the potential to be very good.

I could see Umaga forming his own faction and going up against the Nation of Violence and Samoa Joe.

Does Umaga own the Umaga gimmick? In the event that he does, he can always go by his last name (Fatu).

Originally Posted by KingJay718

Does Umaga own the Umaga gimmick? In the event that he does, he can always go by his last name (Fatu).
Nah i doubt it. I bet WWE gave him that gimmick.

^ Thank you.

Misawa's passing.

Spoiler [+]
The video below contains a video of the aftermath of Mitsuhara Misawa's death yesterday in the ring at the Hiroshima Green Arena. It's a nine minute story in Japanese, with the news announcers shown in inserts visibly crying. It shows the aftermath in the ring, including attempts at CPR and tribute footage. I have to warn you that watching some of this may be disturbing, and you may want to consider this before clicking. But it drives home the reality of Misawa's passing.

http://www.youtube.com/v/k-c7YVE5sC...or2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs http://www.youtube.com/v/k-c7YVE5sC...2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1 http://www.youtube.com/v/k-c7YVE5sC...2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1

Back
Top Bottom