Wrestling Thread Mar 2-8 | 3/6 Smackdown - MVP vs Matt Hardy, Shelton vs Jeff Hardy

MITB is gonna suck. Santino or Mark Henry? Kane?
sick.gif

I got a feeling we see Cena in it...

hhh and orton has been one of the best feuds/storylines ive seen in years imo. this mania card is becoming stacked. cena vs hogan?? that rumor looks true now.wrestling wise itll be bad but for the build up and atmosphere itll be
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Maelstroom

Id rather see Hogan vs Jericho than Hogan vs Cena.
looks like it might be austin v jericho. either that or rourke v jericho. id like to see hogan and cena actually because the atmosphere would belike rock and hogan. that toronto crowd was
eek.gif

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

Originally Posted by jdcurt2

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

i wonder if this will actually be undertakers final match..
Why would you think this?
there was talks that this would be takers final match
Really doubt it. We would have heard something concrete by now.
Originally Posted by Digger85

hhh and orton has been one of the best feuds/storylines ive seen in years imo. this mania card is becoming stacked. cena vs hogan?? that rumor looks true now. wrestling wise itll be bad but for the build up and atmosphere itll be
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
HBK/Jericho last year?

The Cena vs. Hogan rumor does look true now with Hogan saying him and Vince talked about doing something at Mania and the Edge vs. Cena match happening today.I think they could have held off on the rematch between Edge/Cena for a week or two more, but I guess they want to build toward each feud early. If it'sHogan vs. Cena, I don't see Hogan going over at all...they'll have their 1 vs. 1 and Hogan will shake hands with Cena after the match and all thatnonsense.

I just wanna know what are they going to do with Jericho...I'm more intrigued with that match + Taker vs. HBK..

I am almost positive that it's gonna be Cena/Hogan, I posted this a few weeks ago and still think all of this will happen with the exception with replacingrourke with either the King or SCSA.

According to a well-placed source in WWE, the following matches are being talked about for WrestleMania 25:

- Hulk Hogan vs. John Cena

- Triple H vs. Randy Orton (WWE Championship Match)

- Edge vs. Big Show (World Heavyweight Championship Match)

- Shawn Michaels vs. Undertaker

- Chris Jericho vs. Mickey Rourke

- Jeff Hardy vs. Matt Hardy

Regarding the possibility of Hogan vs. Cena at WrestleMania, it has not yet been confirmed, but feelers have been sent Hogan's way about doing the match.

Went to the show tonight. It was alright. Nothing to write home about, but it was watchable.

Crowd wasnt great but they werent completely dead either. Obviously HUGE pop for Cena. Someone tried to start a 'You Cant Wrestle' chant for Cena andthen someone started 'Edge Cant Wrestle' and he got $@%$ on.
laugh.gif
Orton got a very mixed reaction, which I thought was interesting.

I'm really interested in how theyre gonna do Edge/Big Show and Cena/Hogan. Who are the heels? Or do they go the silly 'respect match' route withCena, even though he'll continue to get booed...

Originally Posted by jdcurt2

I am almost positive that it's gonna be Cena/Hogan, I posted this a few weeks ago and still think all of this will happen with the exception with replacing rourke with either the King or SCSA.

According to a well-placed source in WWE, the following matches are being talked about for WrestleMania 25:

- Hulk Hogan vs. John Cena

- Triple H vs. Randy Orton (WWE Championship Match)

- Edge vs. Big Show (World Heavyweight Championship Match)

- Shawn Michaels vs. Undertaker

- Chris Jericho vs. Mickey Rourke

- Jeff Hardy vs. Matt Hardy

Regarding the possibility of Hogan vs. Cena at WrestleMania, it has not yet been confirmed, but feelers have been sent Hogan's way about doing the match.

This looks like a Summerslam card.
ohwell.gif

Regardless of what anyone thinks about HHH. The HHH/Orton feud is GOLD. Really great storyline.

And how are you guys already calling the MITB match the worst ever when CM Punk and Kane are only 2 of 8 announced? I don't have a problem with either ofthem being in it.

u can pretty much say trips will win at mania...

trips doesnt job 2 straight times to the same guy, he only did that for shawn michaels

I cannot #%*@@@# believe it. They are gonna actually have Edge face Big Show at Wrestlemania? I didn't get to see the end of Raw because it got cut off,but doesn't Cena deserve another match due to the fact that he won this match?

-Jericho was once again gold this week with Jimmy Snuka, I thought it was great, but still Steamboat was better, but I still think they need to bring out hisopponent next week or the week after for Wrestlemania. I would really love a match with a legend and not Mickey Rourke, but who knows. I knew straight up thathe was not done when he ran away, but I thought he was gonna bring out a chair or something and be more brutal, but his character is more of a professional now

-Also, I can't believe they put Kane in MITB. Has Rey ever even been in a Ladder match? Luckily Mike Knox isn't in, but still.
-To me HBK was an automatic over Kozlov and it should be a great Wrestlemania match with Undertaker.

-It's good to hear also, that Santino should be in MITB now. I mean they are letting him go to ECW for a match, I have a feeling that he will pull out thewin.

-My MITB match lineup: CM Punk, Kane, Santino, Evan Bourne, Kozlov, DiBiase (Not sure on this one), MVP, Brian Kendrick, Shelton Benjamin

-HHH and Orton today were gold, to me it had Orton at his best with an interesting direction of trying to arrest HHH and HHH coming out to basically get him toface him at Wrestlemania. To me it was great because there was no HHH emotion crap and Orton has started to try to get HHH to hit him by talking about when hehit Stephanie with th RKO.

-Cena facing Hogan will be terrible to me. I am not a big fan of Hogan still doing matches, especially after seeing the highlights from HBK/Hogan from a fewyears ago. I guess this will be a respect match with both staying faces and Cena giving the respect to Hogan. Only good that can come out of this is if Cenaafter Wrestlemania gives some speech about respecting legends and it starts a feud with Jericho. Throw in a championship and it will be good.

Hogan vs Rock was a classic. A potential Hogan vs Cena match won't even hold a candle because of 3 reasons.
1.Cena can't wrestle
2. Hogan is way too old
3. Cena's wrestling ability vs Hogan's aging wrestling ability......you get the point.

Cena is advertised to be at SD tonight. Im thinking triple threat match with Edge andShow at mania.

Edge v. Big Show? That match really doesn't have a Wrestlemania appeal IMO, however like dude said, maybe Cena will find his way into the match via triplethreat, I'd much rather see that than Cena v. Hogan, mainly because at this point I feel Cena would have to carry Hogan in the match and well that justwouldn't be pretty.

Haha after 4 straight years of pretty solid MITB matches, it looks like the 'E is going to phone it in this year, however there are still a lot of spots tofill, so there could still be some hope yet.

HBK v. Undertaker is going to be money, but I know I am in the EXTREME MINORITY when I say I actually wouldn't have been that bothered to see Undertaker v.Kozlov. I know the dude is still pretty green in the ring and has a weak finisher, but I actually don't mind him at all he has a good look and is prettybelieveable as a monster heel. Plus, it would've given him a little more credibility losing his undefeated streak to Taker rather than HBK during aforgettable Raw match. Yeah, yeah it is Wrestlemania and you want your money matches but, hell I guarantee Taker v. Kozlov would've been better than whenhe faced Big Boss Man or Mark Henry or King Kong Bundy or Giant Gonzalez...

At this point I really doubt Taker's streak will end, cause I really think it'd be pointless to do so, however, if it does here are the 3 guys Iwouldn't mind doing it:

Jack Swagger - Huge potential people are already starting to hate him as a heel, ending the streak would establish him.

Ted Dibiase - Only if they build up the 'My father brought you in angle' otherwise, dude is going to have to do some major work cause I am not as big afan of his as a lot of other NTers.

Chris Jericho - Want to make him the most hated heel of all time? Want to have him solidify his spot as an ALL TIME main eventer? Want him to carry the titleas the only man to beat The Rock and Steve Austin in the same night, and the only man to beat the Undertaker at Wrestlemania? This is the one man I'd loveto see do it.

HBK is obviously not going to to it, and like I said, I don't think anybody will.

Speaking of HBK, I would like to know how all this "Mr. Wrestlemania" talk began...

Wrestlemania V - The Twin Towers (Akeem & The Big Bossman) Def. The Rockers (Shawn Michaels & Marty Jannetty)
Wrestlemania VI - The Orient Express (Sato & Tanaka) Def. The Rockers (Shawn Michaels & Marty Jannetty)
Wrestlemania VII - The Rockers (Shawn Michaels & Marty Jannetty) Def. The Barbarian & Haku
Wrestlemania VIII - Shawn Michales Def. El Matador
Wrestlemania IX - Tatanka Def. Shawn Michaels
Wrestlemania X - Razor Ramon Def. Shawn Michaels
Wrestlemania XI - Diesel Def. Shawn Michaels
Wrestlemania XII - Shawn Michaels Def. Bret Hart

Wrestlemania XIV - Steve Austin Def. Shawn Michaels

Wrestlemania XIX - Shawn Michaels Def. Chris Jericho
Wrestlemania XX - Chris Benoit Def. Triple H & Shawn Michaels
Wrestlemania 21 - Kurt Angle Def. Shawn Michaels
Wrestlemania 22 - Shawn Michaels Def. Vince McMahon
Wrestlemania 23 - John Cena Def. Shawn Michaels
Wrestlemania XXIV - Shawn Michaels Def. Ric Flair
*Wrestlemania XXV - The Undertaker Def. Shawn Michaels

Shawn Michaels' Wrestlemania record = 6 - *10

If you mean he puts on a show then sure why not, but to me that seems like a bit of a reach. The Showstopper, The Icon, The Main Event sure HBK is all thosethings but I cringe when they call him "Mr. Wrestlemania." Dude is like My Arizona Wildcats 24 (hopefully 25) straight NCAA Tournaments and 1championship. LOL I don't know why this bothers me so much but for some reason it does.

Originally Posted by Digger85

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

HBK/Jericho last year?
orton/trips has been better imo.
You're buggin'.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GL Rayner

If you mean he puts on a show then sure why not
This to me is why he is Mr. Wrestlemania. Win or Lose, HBK puts on a great show.
I get that, but technically Undertaker should be known as Mr. Wrestlemania...

I wonder where the nickname came from though...was it after the Ironman match between him and Bret Hart? That's considered one of, if not the, greatest WMmatch but I still wouldn't call him Mr. Wrestlemania based off of that.

Good post by Captain Charisma.
Originally Posted by Captain Charisma85

Chris Jericho - Want to make him the most hated heel of all time? Want to have him solidify his spot as an ALL TIME main eventer? Want him to carry the title as the only man to beat The Rock and Steve Austin in the same night, and the only man to beat the Undertaker at Wrestlemania? This is the one man I'd love to see do it.
Can you imagine having that under your resume?
eek.gif
That wouldbe his greatest achievement IMO...I hope it doesn't take long to induct him in the HOF once he's done...

Back
Top Bottom