Wrestling Thread Mar 22-28 | 3/23 WWE NXT - Bryan/Tarver vs Young/Otunga

laugh.gif
@ the sign

Originally Posted by TheWindScar31

I don't like to chime in on this TNA vs. WWE thing.

But after watching the fall of WCW dvds I got to thinking that a big factor in which WCW was able to compete was with the backing of Ted Turner whom I believe had a heated rivalry with Vince McMahon. Does Dixie Carter by chance have that kind of $?

I don't know anything about TNA other than the old ring they used to use that is now switched to four sides and more recent activity.

Yes, but it's not only the money that helped WCW go over. TNA has almost everything that WCW did at the beginning of the wars. A secured timeslot on Monday, money to sign any talent they want, big former WWE names, ie. Hogan, Angle.
What's holding back TNA is the fact that they can't steal any names from WWE like WCW was able to. Lack of promotion, like have you ever seen a TNA iMPACT! ad on any other channel than Spike or maybe the UFC? Even WWE gets some shine on TNA, I remember seeing Austin's movie commercials while watching iMPACT last week. The thing about TNA having former WWE talent is that most of the former talent are way past their prime. Like WCW taking Hall and Nash back in the 90's would be the equivalent of TNA taking Orton and Morrison. Too bad it can't happen because of WWE's no compete clause.

stolen from another site

Top 10: The Career Highlights of The Undertaker  

10. Mark Calaway Debuts With WCW as "Mean" Mark Callous
skyscrapersdavidspiveymeanmarkcallous.jpg

His first mainstream exposure was when he joined World Championship Wrestling in late 1989. While there, he was known as "Mean" Mark Callous and wrestled as part of the "Skyscrapers" tag team along with "Dangerous" Dan Spivey managed by Teddy Long.

9. The Undertaker Makes His WWF Debut
undertaker(6).jpg

Calaway made his WWF debut as "Cain The Undertaker" at a taping of WWF Superstars on November 19, 1990. The appearance of The Undertaker's first Deadman persona was modeled after a mortician from old Western Movies wearing a trench coat and black hat with grey gloves and boot covers.

8. The Undertaker Establishes His WrestleMania Streak
takersnuka.jpg

He made his WrestleMania debut at WrestleMania VII, quickly defeating "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka. The win was the first in his undefeated streak at the event.

7. The Undertaker Wins His First WWF Championship
200px-Survivor_Series_1991.jpg

After a year of battles with The Ultimate Warrior, Randy Savage, Sgt. Slaughter and Hulk Hogan, he defeated Hogan to win his first WWF Championship at Survivor Series in 1991.

6. The Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels in The First Ever Hell in a Cell Match
hellinacell.jpg

At SummerSlam in 1997, when referee Shawn Michaels accidentally hit The Undertaker with a steel chair shot meant for Bret Hart, The Undertaker lost his WWF Championship. The feud culminated at In Your House: Badd Blood, where The Undertaker challenged Michaels to the first ever Hell in a Cell match. During this match, The Undertaker's storyline half-brother Kane made his debut, ripping off the door to the cell and giving The Undertaker a Tombstone Piledriver, Undertaker's trademark finisher, allowing Michaels to pin him.

5. The Undertaker Returns to Form The Ministry of Darkness
TheTrashCrucified.jpg

In January 1999, The Undertaker returned and formed the Ministry of Darkness, developing a more evil persona and explaining that he was taking orders from a "Higher Power." He often appeared in a black robe and sat on a throne. With the help of his minions, he often performed sacrifices on various WWE superstars, which were meant to bring out the more evil side of superstars so as to recruit them into his Ministry. The Ministry eventually merged with The Corporation alliance to form the Corporate Ministry.

4. The Undertaker Returns to WWE as The Dead Man
1260500s.jpg

In the storyline leading up to WrestleMania XX, Kane was haunted by vignettes proclaiming The Undertaker's return. The first was during the Royal Rumble when The Undertaker's bells tolled, distracting Kane and allowing Booker T to eliminate him. At WrestleMania XX, The Undertaker, accompanied by Paul Bearer and in his "Deadman" persona, returned and defeated Kane.

3. The Brothers of Destruction Win Their First Tag Team Titles
tt-takerkane0-1.jpg

On April 19th edition of SmackDown!, the Undertaker and Kane defeated Edge and Christian to win their first WWF Tag Team Titles as a team.

2. The Undertaker Wins His First WWE Royal Rumble Match
royalrumblewinner2007lb8.jpg

The Undertaker won his first Royal Rumble match at the 2007 event, becoming the first man to enter the Rumble at number 30 and win the match.

1. The Undertaker vs Mankind in a Hell in a Cell Match at King of the Ring 1998
good_god_almighty_good_god_alm_feature.jpeg

The Undertaker's feud with Mankind was renewed, and they faced each other in a Hell in a Cell match at King of the Ring in 1998.  During the match, The Undertaker threw Mankind off the roof of the 16 ft (4.9 m) cell onto the Spanish announce table below, in what was a preplanned move. He later chokeslammed Mankind through the roof of the cell into the ring which legitimately knocked Mankind unconscious and finished the match by Tombstone Piledriving Mankind.

- Steve Austin noted on Twitter that he had dinner with Paul Heyman and Brock Lesnar last night.
- Internally, WWE officials are predicting that this Sunday's WrestleMania 26 will be the single most profitable event in the history of the company.
- WWE has signed Florida model Brittney Beede to a developmental deal as a ring announcer. Beede is now using the name Jamie Keyes and worked very briefly for TNA last year as the winner of Kevin Nash's search for a new valet.

- Taz wrote the following on Twitter last night in response to Vince McMahon's recent comments on TNA: "Mae Young stuff is all high road, or when JR was sick Dr Hynee bit (classy)! Pot, meet Kettle. Nice to see VKM is a TNA viewer!"
- Kurt Angle and Jeff Jarrett teamed together at last night's TNA live event in Alabama to defeat the team of Desmond Wolfe and Rhino.
- A man claiming to be a new representative of former NFL player and TNA Tag Team Champion Adam "Pacman" Jones recently made contact asking about getting in touch with officials from TNA. The man noted that Pacman is getting back into the NFL and would also like to return to TNA.
- Dixie Carter wrote the following on Twitter regarding iMPACT airing at 8pm on April 5th: "To maximize viewership, iMPACT! will air on Spike from 8-10pm ET on 4/5 as to not conflict w/NCAA Men's bball finals on CBS. PLS RT"

Chris Jericho was asked in a new interview on Fanhouse.com about his "shot" on Twitter a few weeks back against TNA and how they handled Rob Van Dam's debut against Sting. Jericho said:
"I didn't take a shot at it. It just baffled me that they would have that happen. Rob's one of the biggest stars from the last 10 years of wrestling, and to have him come in and only get five seconds of crowd reaction before they cut it off, I just felt it was lunacy. I'm not taking a shot at anything, I think Rob's great, I'm happy that TNA is on Monday night. I hope they become a huge success. It's just better for me, and better for the business, and better for the fans. But doing things like that, it doesn't help anybody. I don't understand why they do the things they do sometimes. I don't work there and it's not my responsibility or my decisions. But like I said, I wish them nothing but the best of luck because I would love to see them do something and pop on the radar huge."

With professional wrestling’s Super Bowl set to air this weekend in WrestleMania, wrestling’s most controversial personality from behind the camera from a creative standpoint and in front of the camera as an on air personality is speaking out about a long running controversy he wants to put to an end. Vince Russo who was a big part of the highest ratings for Vince McMahon in the late 90s when wrestling was at its peak was involved in one of the industry’s most controversial incidents involving Hulk Hogan back in 2000 at a pay perview event with the now defunct WCW.

Many of the industry’s fans and even insiders believed that the angle between Hogan and Vince Russo possibly was a shoot when Russo recently revealed it really was all work. That didn’t stop Hulk Hogan from filing a defamation lawsuit vs. Vince Russo that was thrown out in court in 2003.

A decade later, Vince Russo is currently writing the television in creative at the WWE’s main competition TNA where Hogan is currently working. Russo would like to end the rumors once and for all telling Chris Yandek of CYInterview.com, “I’ll be honest. People, it doesn’t matter what I say and it seems like every single word out of my mouth gets twisted by the wrestling media. They just need a story. The story is I’m getting along great with Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff [Hogan’s right hand man] and that’s the story and the story is that I’m thrilled to death that they both made the decision to join TNA. They have pumped such energy into the product. I know they have pumped energy into me personally.

Regarding the Orlando Jones pics posted:
Orlando Jordan's Shocking New Gimmick
Orlando Jordan, who has not appeared on TNA programming since the Feb. 18th edition of iMPACT!, resurfaces this Monday night on iMPACT! with a character "unlike anything you've ever seen before."
The show, which was taped this past Tuesday in Orlando, Fla., saw Jordan lowered into the ring from the arena's rafters wrapped in yellow police tape with the TNA logo. He then crawled through the ring and ultimately walked to a nearby white couch where he sat between a shirtless male and a sexy female. Behind the trio is the tri-colored bisexual pride flag, plus two male symbols and one female symbol. In an Impact Zone first, the segment garnered a "that was creepy" chant.
roll.gif

To add further details, Jordan has changed his hair again and is now wearing makeup. He also comes out barefoot à la "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka.

Images of his grand ring entrance and sitting on the couch with his real-life boyfriend have been posted on his Facebook.

Velvet Sky has been named "Wrestling's Sexiest Woman" in Pro Wrestling Illustrated's annual "PWI Poll" issue. The TNA Knockout is also featured on the cover of the magazine, which is currently available on newsstands. Last year's winner, Kelly Kelly, dropped to fifth place. Other top vote-getters include Tara, Roxxi, The Bella Twins and Michelle McCool.

The final voting results are as follows:

Velvet Sky - 14%
Maryse - 12%
Melina - 9%
Lacey Von Erich - 7%
Kelly Kelly - 6%
Cheerleader Melissa - 5%
Madison Rayne - 3%
Others - 39%

velvet-sky-06.jpg

devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

how eve torres not get in the top 5 is beyond me

lacey is hot....i remember her dad, he was one of my fav. wrestlers....he had one of the cheesist finishers ever lol......r.i.p tho

u guys think he'll get in the hof eventually?

Originally Posted by 100PROOF

Originally Posted by iLL I AM

IF TNA WOULD HAVE AIRED THAT...
eek.gif
roll.gif
Its from the tv tapings! this junk is gonna air monday night
mad.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by NobleKane

ministry of darkness era was some of the dumbest tv in wrestling history....
Ministry of Darkness Undertaker > any other version of him
Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

snd dmh @ wwe for releasing lacey
TNA was gonna release her too before Hogan and Bischoff came along.

She can't do simple wrestling moves and has/had a lot of backstage heat for her poor attitude.

Great eye candy though.

Anyways,

WHERE IS 4DUB?

My man about to make the Wrestlemania thread 20 minutes before the show starts...
tired.gif

I can't lie, I'm looking forward to that epic Wrestlemania preview he does...
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Naija Nitemare

Does TNA really think people WANT to see OJ's new gimmick? That !%$@ is just OD
laugh.gif
I said this would happen. They about to push it to the limit watch.
laugh.gif

Its not over. This dude is Goldust 2010.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Naija Nitemare

Hm, nice comparison
laugh.gif
I never thought of that one..maybe it could work then 
grin.gif

laugh.gif
Remember, Goldust was a character. So its only so far someone is going to go when "acting".

Orlando is more than a character. He lives it. He doesn't have a filter such as Dustin Rhodes. OJ has been to there and back. If He and TNA wants to, He's going to push it to the limit and further. Get your popcorn ready.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom