Wrestling Thread Mar29-Apr4 | 4/2 WWE Smackdown - Must Watch Show

^i rember havin that toy of bret hart w/ the belt....wonder how much those toys from those times go for now

Spoiler [+]
they need to change MITB rules so that winners can cash it for a scheduled match, not a 24/7 hardcore title rule basis

rest of smackdown results

Spoiler [+]
- John Morrison & R-Truth beat Cryme Tyme in one minute. Morrison hits the Starship Pain on Shad for the pin. JTG did not get tagged in at all. Shad turns on JTG and beats him up with a Rock Bottom after the match.

- Jack Swagger brags backstage about winning the title. Mickie James, Slam Master J and Tony Atlas are more concerned about the Cryme Tyme split. Swagger sees Shelton Benjamin and is surprised that he still works there.

- Shad Gaspard cuts a promo about how there is no more Cryme Tyme because now it is his time.

- Drew McIntyre beats Matt Hardy with a DDT. McIntyre squashes Hardy after beating him up before the bell rings.

- Swagger meets with Vickie Guerrero backstage, who offers to help him.

- Dolph Ziggler beats Great Khali with a sleeper. Runjin Singh announces that Khali is tired and wants to go home, yet he will return to win the title.

- C.M. Punk demands a rematch with Rey Mysterio. Punk offers to put his hair on the line, although Mysterio must still join the Straight Edge Society if he loses. Luke Gallows and Serena put over Punk. No answer from Mysterio but Teddy Long announces Punk has to face Undertaker later tonight after the tapings.

- Beth Phoenix & Tiffany beat Michelle McCool & Layla.

- Jericho demands a rematch with Swagger. Teddy offers to book it for tonight but Jericho refuses because his ribs are injured. He vows that he is still the champion and that Swagger will not get away with this.

- Josh Matthews tries to interview the Hart Dynasty backstage but Swagger keeps interrupting to show off his championship belt.

- Kane takes on all the NXT rookies in an Elimination Handicap Match. He eliminates Wade Barrett, then Heath Slater, then Michael Tarver. All eight rookies then jump Kane at once for a DQ.

- Jack Swagger comes out for a State of the Championship Address. Jericho cuts him off to remind him that he will get his title back. Edge comes out to make the same claim. Teddy Long announces that next week it will be Edge vs Chris Jericho, with the winner getting a shot against Jack Swagger for the World Heavyweight Title. Jericho hits Edge with the Codebreaker. Swagger lays out Jericho with his powerbomb.

- The Undertaker beats C.M. Punk with a Tombstone. This was a dark match.

Dixie Carter blames Impact rating on Shawn Michaels' retirement.
alien.gif

TNA President Dixie Carter placed the blame on Impact's 0.6 cable rating on Shawn Michaels' retirement. She tweeted the following:

Thank goodness he can only retire once...hopefully. Shawn, congrats on an amazing career!

This broad is delusional.
laugh.gif
 I really wish TNA could get it together, the have a lot talent but no direction; I hope the move to 8pm will help them.

They need to stop pushing Abyss and AJ as the new Hogan and Flair.

laugh.gif
 @ the N&N trademark.

There is NO prestige w/ the titles anymore.

The IC championship wasn't even defended @ wrestlemania this year. I don't keep up regularly w/ smackdown, but I don't even think anyone has a program going w/ McIntyre.

The US title is now just an accessory for the Miz.

The Royal Rumble means a LOT less than it used to. Remember when we used to actually TRULY route for someone (ie. Stone Cold) b/c for months they've had a great build-up going into the Royal Rumble, which made their win @ Wrestlemania even sweeter.

How does Cena have 9 title reigns in 5 years (I think), while Bret Hart has only had 5 in 5 years (92 - 97)? I'm not saying the Bret deserved more or that Cena doesn't deserve to be champ. It just goes to show how much the title has been thrown around.

iLL I AM we always know what were talking about
pimp.gif

hombrelobo wrote:

chino905 wrote:Swagger reminded me of Kurt Angle yesterday with his entrance attire. but i see him losing the briefcase in a match. It just doesn't make sense for him to have a title shot right now unless he goes on a tear these next few weeks.

I believe he will be. If you think back to the US title bout with him The Miz and Kofi who needed that US title more? The Miz. The Miz will need to help to look like a Maineventer. Kofi doesn't need the help. He's there. All he needs is the green light. Swagger? He didn't need the belt. He has the look and can hold his own with the heavyweights. The WWE has been using him in Main events in house shows for a bit now. He's going to get that big push soon.

Just sayin'.

I'm not a fan of swagger, but I'll definitely give way to a breath of fresh air he'll bring and see what happens.

as far as the other belts. I'd like to see a program with one of the members..err ex-members from legacy go after one of them.

and an Orton CM Punk feud would have possiblities. with CM possible trying to save orton from the uh...Voices in his head?

More good news.

1. Christian gets the win over Dibiase monday. That says a lot to me seeing as how their supposed to give Dibiase a big push.

2. The first person who the World champ sees backstage. He's supposed to get a push and they may be planting the seed right there with that segment.

when is The Rock is supposed to host Raw? somethin tells me he's waiting for summerslam,or at least around that time

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 @ my dude IIL I AM. Son gonna start charging royalties whenever somebody posts some news of their own, love it.

As far as the "pushing of the younger talent" is concerned, I'll believe it when I see it. As long as my dude Drew McIntyre wins both the World Heavyweight and WWE title at the same time, I'll be happy.

As far as the big news is concerned...

Spoiler [+]
I am very happy for Jack Swagger, why people *coughs* NobleKane *coughs* think the dude is "TRASH" is beyond me. The dude can go in the ring and has decent mic work, as far as his lisp is concerned. I don't think it's a bad thing, like I think somebody said in these threads before, if anything I think it makes his character unique and separates him from others. For people that complain, oh "it's too early & he was jobbing for the better part of the year," so what? Give the guy a chance to run with it, we complain that people never get pushes, and when one finally does, we say it's too early? Weird. I'm pro-Swagger's title reign, he's involved with Edge/Jericho now so he doesn't have to be perfect on the mic with those two involved... He won MITB for crying out loud & I guarantee the audiance doesn't remember that Swagger lost the "All Italian-Italian Challenge to Santino Marella" at all. In WWE it is definately what have you done for me lately, I know I am more interested in the WHC picture now that Swagger is involved than I would be if it was Edge/Jericho 2 @ Extreme Rules.

^hes supposed to be back durin the summer so summer slam could be possible

miz and the rock promo would be amazing

Originally Posted by jmal519

The IC championship wasn't even defended @ wrestlemania this year. I don't keep up regularly w/ smackdown, but I don't even think anyone has a program going w/ McIntyre.

The Royal Rumble means a LOT less than it used to. Remember when we used to actually TRULY route for someone (ie. Stone Cold) b/c for months they've had a great build-up going into the Royal Rumble, which made their win @ Wrestlemania even sweeter.

How does Cena have 9 title reigns in 5 years (I think), while Bret Hart has only had 5 in 5 years (92 - 97)? I'm not saying the Bret deserved more or that Cena doesn't deserve to be champ. It just goes to show how much the title has been thrown around.
The IC Title is currently just a prop for The Miz, but it will eventually be factored in to his program with Daniel Brian.

I have said for years that they should do away with the PPV between The Royal Rumble and WrestleMania, or at least make it that the Rumble winner picks his opponent after the Rumble and that match is set in stone for Mania.  I don't like the title or rumble winner stipulation changing hands at No Way Out/Elimination Chamber.

And yes, there are obviously too many belts and arbitrary title changes.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

The IC Title is currently just a prop for The Miz, but it will eventually be factored in to his program with Daniel Brian.

I have said for years that they should do away with the PPV between The Royal Rumble and WrestleMania, or at least make it that the Rumble winner picks his opponent after the Rumble and that match is set in stone for Mania.  I don't like the title or rumble winner stipulation changing hands at No Way Out/Elimination Chamber.

And yes, there are obviously too many belts and arbitrary title changes.
Give me a break. All the titles have been defended at all the recent PPVS including a non advertised US title match at the Rumble, or EC..I don't remember which right now. As far as the titles not being defended at this Mania well we all have to make an exception because of Hart/Michaels. And really the only title that is getting bounced around too much is the WWE title.

It's a transition period for the WWE with emphasis on older guys coming back/leaving. And new guys getting pushed. Just relax everyone.

And for the record Daniel Bryan will win the US title from The Miz after NXT.

if rock does decided to come back,even to wrestle one more match,it have to be against shawn michaels. these two never competed against each other,not even durring the 2001-2005 stretch wwe had aka post attitude era. as for the new guys,they have alot of work to do. this pg rating thing is just +%$$#%%! sometimes,but according the way vince mcmahon works,some fan base is better than no fan base.

Spoiler [+]
I gave in and read the spoilers and I don't like it even though i'm a huge Swagger fan but I think that they made him cash it in wayyyy too soon. If they were going to do it this soon all along he should have did it at Mania after Edge speared Jericho after the match.

Between 1998 and 2002 (4 years) The Rock also had 9 title reigns. Just Sayin

Originally Posted by DangerousG

Between 1998 and 2002 (4 years) The Rock also had 9 title reigns. Just Sayin

well there u go,thats how much they think of cena

just like they(wwe) trust the rock back then holding the strap,in same they do for cena. and ive said it before an ill say it again,John cena is this generations hulk hogan.

Originally Posted by Florshine

just like they(wwe) trust the rock back then holding the strap,in same they do for cena. and ive said it before an ill say it again,*The WWE wants John cena to be this generations hulk hogan.*
*Fixed.

Originally Posted by Florshine

just like they(wwe) trust the rock back then holding the strap,in same they do for cena. and ive said it before an ill say it again,John cena is this generations hulk hogan.
He not there yet but its hard to argue against it. He is more entertaining to me then Hulk and is more athletic.

He has the movies, tv show cameos, He's the man right now. But no way should his title count be at 9 already imo.

Back
Top Bottom