Wrestling Thread Oct 7-13 | 10/10 Final Live TNA Impact Before Bound For Glory

- There is at least talk within WWE of doing a Cody Rhodes vs. Goldust feud at some point over the next six months. The talk is that if they go through with the program, Goldust would be the heel and it would be done in early 2014.

- A few people in WWE creative have been thinking of angles for Bill Goldberg and Ryback, in case something gets worked out for WrestleMania XXX. It’s not a done deal but it is something being talked about. There is a chance of Goldberg vs. Ryback happening because both sides have not closed the door on a WWE return.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

That article is BS. If this "Face of the WWE" storyline was as good as it should have been with a properly built midcard this would not be happening. There's 10 guys on the roster right now that aren't getting nearly the push they deserve.

WWE is plain terrible. No deep in depth mid card storylines, no thought out long term planning or interesting storylines for the main division, people with no charisma are pushed, people with charisma are neutered, amongst other small things that add up.

WWE is plain terrible. No deep in depth mid card storylines, no thought out long term planning or interesting storylines for the main division, people with no charisma are pushed, people with charisma are neutered, amongst other small things that add up.
Correct, its just boring. Indy wrestling is so dry these days too. Just 6 years ago there were SO MANY STARS!! That at least was a option when WWE would go on bad streaks, but now not even ROH watchable.

Correct, its just boring. Indy wrestling is so dry these days too. Just 6 years ago there were SO MANY STARS!! That at least was a option when WWE would go on bad streaks, but now not even ROH watchable.
Promotion of the year = New Japan

I concur.
Talent is super weak. I mean Fandango? Zach Ryder? Bruh, there was a time were the mid card was Carlito, Morrison, Masters, Shelton, and a few other dudes and it was AWESOME. That last group of OVW talent was the best to come into the WWE. The DSW and FCW talent just don't cut it man.

I think Fandango is talented as well. Again, misused.

Cesaro, Hunico, Cody, Christian, Usos, Primo, Epico, Justin Gabriel, Tyson Kidd, Kofi, Dolph

Those are talented dudes. Talent to me = in ring ability. Again, tjhey aren't getting used correctly

Last edited:

Cesaro, Hunico, Cody, Christian, Usos, Primo, Epico, Justin Gabriel, Tyson Kidd, Kofi, Dolph

Those are talented dudes. Talent to me = in ring ability. Again, tjhey aren't getting used correctly
Bruh, Christian been a mid card talent since 98, hes only considered mid card cause thats how WWE treats him. Tyson ain't back yet, Justin Gabriel is like a b grade aj styles with even less ring presence. Primo and Epico are just there.........

Cesaro I think is awesome(was a fan of his Indy stuff)

And no I am not saying today's undercard is on the level of the past, but there are some talented dudes that get misused. They are either sittting waiting for something to do (Hunico) or they are just stuck with dumb gimmicks. (Fantango, Matadore Dudes)

I mean WWE gets hollywood writers who know nothing about wrestling. Hollywood and wrestling ain't the same. The same stupid characters don't work the same. Fandango character popularity will only go as far as the DWTS shoe goes. Once its over, his gimmick wont be relevant.

Last edited:
Bruh, Christian been a mid card talent since 98, hes only considered mid card cause thats how WWE treats him. Tyson ain't back yet, Justin Gabriel is like a b grade aj styles with even less ring presence. Primo and Epico are just there.........

Cesaro I think is awesome(was a fan of his Indy stuff)
Tyson is healthy now. But he is still on the roster and was misused when he was healthy. I am counting him.

Gabriel being a B level AJ Styles still translates to being a talented dude.

Primo and Epico are just there = Being misused by the creative team.

Christian forever being a mid-card dude is fine, but he is a super talented worker.

Like I said I just don't see how you can say the TALENT level is weak. How they are being used is the messed up part

I mean WWE gets hollywood writers who know nothing about wrestling. Hollywood and wrestling ain't the same. The same stupid characters don't work the same. Fandango character popularity will only go as far as the DWTS shoe goes. Once its over, his gimmick wont be relevant.
Agreed/ They need to hire former wrestlers to fill those positions. I don't understand why they don't understand that Hollywood nonsense doesn't work

I agree all so talented, probably the most athletic mid card ever, all capable of putting on great programs with one another. But does WWE bother to put any of them in a story, rather then random exhibition matches with no purpose? Nope. NFL does a better job of building stories when they have match ups and I'm saying that seriously.

Stop putting in the main event division, and force feeding them cuz with they'll fall on their face if the charisma isn't there. WWE is seriously struggling to find a guy to relieve Cena. The Austins, Rocks, & Jerichos were not manufactured, they were more of accidents that got over in the mid card division, then when they noticed the crowd was behind them they were given that rub to step to the next level.

Makes me wonder if Sports Entertainment/Pro Wrestling will still be viewed the same way 50 years from now....

Agree DC about the talent being there but just very misused. I think this roster (plus NXT) has more in-ring talent that it did lets say in 98/99, but when you have lame duck writers who overly script everything from the promos to the attire, you're just left with a bunch of waste. Guys get their characters and wrestling neutered, and you end up with a bunch of CAWs running around. That also takes a toll on the crowd, as they're forced to cheer or boo someone solely because what their alignment is, instead of the crowd having a real connection with them. I think Dolph and Kofi have more talent than Crash Holly and Steve Blackman, yet at one time or another, the crowd had been given a reason to care for the latter two more than the former two.

Last edited:
Makes me wonder if Sports Entertainment/Pro Wrestling will still be viewed the same way 50 years from now....
That is the issue. It is sports entertainment. We need WRESTLING. Sports Entertainment is some ********. That is what it is.

Back
Top Bottom