Wrestling Thread October 1st-31st/ No Mercy Tonight At 8PM ET/ Dolph Zigger Last Match

Don't see how anybody can look at last night as anything other than a money grab. I'm a huge Punk fan, but he is a trained professional wrestler/entertainer Not an MMA fighter. Doesn't matter how long he had to train. I respect him for getting in there, but he's not like Brock/Dolph/Gable/Angle with an actual wrestling background...

I wouldn't let him in if i was NJPW, they seem to be all about young stars.
Like Mike Elgin and AJ Styles?

NJPW desperately wants to make their presence felt in the West. If he wants to go, he is in.

Not to mention Jado and Gedo love America

Whether you like him or not, Punk would be the biggest draw for whatever company signed him.

Couple of things here.

Don't get the hate. He had the balls to step in an do it. Easy for us to sit and be keyboard warriors touting his loss. Was it bad. Yup. Pretty bad. But as he said, he was given the opportunity, he was not passing it up. He did what he wanted and walked away ok. UFC got the buyrate, he got paid. Win win.

All the crawling back to WWE people are far off. Dude is on the blacklist. If Vince died tomorrow. Maybe......maybe HHH could have a sit down with him but as long as Vince is alive, you will see hogan back before him. I would not be surprised if they needle the situation tonight or even tomorrow on raw congratulating Gall on the win. Not even mention that he faced punk. Even send him a custom belt

Couple of things here.

Don't get the hate. He had the balls to step in an do it. Easy for us to sit and be keyboard warriors touting his loss. Was it bad. Yup. Pretty bad. But as he said, he was given the opportunity, he was not passing it up. He did what he wanted and walked away ok. UFC got the buyrate, he got paid. Win win.

All the crawling back to WWE people are far off. Dude is on the blacklist. If Vince died tomorrow. Maybe......maybe HHH could have a sit down with him but as long as Vince is alive, you will see hogan back before him. I would not be surprised if they needle the situation tonight or even tomorrow on raw congratulating Gall on the win. Not even mention that he faced punk. Even send him a custom belt

I think Vince would have him back before Hunter tbh.

That's the thing about Vince, not only does he put you over, but he'll gladly welcome you back regardless of whatever beef you have with him, especially if he can make money off of you.

HHH on the other hand puts over select guys and will get back in ring shape to beat you again.

I also re-watched the fight, and yikes, two years of training and not an ounce of that showed up last night. He could have gone in there with his arms tied behind his back and the match would have been the same length.

Weird when you think of the emotional reaction folks have for someone that doesn't even know their name.

Can we stop with this BS?

Because if he won and dudes were in here weeping with joy I bet you wouldn't be questioning that type of emotional response

He had issues with Hunter over wrestling aspects. Why I said maybe.......

Vince and him have sparred back and forth. Punk tells people about being fired by him on his wedding and now him bankrolling the lawsuit by the WWE Doctor. It is not as simple as some of the other guys. I think there was general happiness last night by management over results. He probably gained respect in locker room even with comments he made earlier in week.

I was WAITING for this. 
laugh.gif

you live in fantasy land so I can understand that
News to me....

But it says alot about you that you get joy from that.

But EYE live in the fantasy world right?

Cool

You can add me to that list.
I got joy from it, don't care that it was Punk. Could of been the GOAT Bret Hart.

You don't f-cking belong in that world, f-ck you. You just set the sport back, a sport that I've been in love with since 93. F-ck him, his supporters, and his dog.

I'll be 100% honest and admit that if Punk came back to WWE I'd mark out..Pro wrestling is where he belongs and I hope after last night's fight that he realizes MMA is not an option for him..

I'd be in Valhalla if Punk came back, was given a monster push, got to headline Mania and then right before he jerks the curtain Vince tells him that BK's going over..

I'll be 100% honest and admit that if Punk came back to WWE I'd mark out..Pro wrestling is where he belongs and I hope after last night's fight that he realizes MMA is not an option for him..

I'd be in Valhalla if Punk came back, was given a monster push, got to headline Mania and then right before he jerks the curtain Vince tells him that BK's going over..
He is a spoiled brat. The same thing he was mad about WWE doing with the Rock(main eventing WM when he not even a fulltime wrestler) is what he did in the UFC. He is not a fighter at all. Played one last night and was PWNED.

Can we stop with this BS?

Because if he won and dudes were in here weeping with joy I bet you wouldn't be questioning that type of emotional response
Of course I wouldn't because there is nothing wrong with being happy for someone's success.

Simple concept

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom