WRESTLING THREAD SEPT 1 - MONDAY NIGHT RAW - LDW

bruhs i had no clue mr imperfect wrestled swagger. straight up fell asleep for 5 minutes and woke up to the Bo segment.

SelfreliantTenseHammerheadbird.gif

I saw Foley on the long island rail road a few years back when I was going back to school.

Damn at that divas search video, they all hated on Carmella (Playmate of the Year). All of those 5 ended up in the company anyway. Was Amy Weber the one whose luggage orton took a crap in?

F4WOnline.com is reporting that Zack Ryder’s loss to Rusev last night could have been a statement made from WWE officials. Ryder has been sending some negative feedback on Twitter, similar to what JTG did back in 2012. JTG would be squashed by Ryback and Monday night could have been that very moment for Ryder in a match against Rusev.

Well we've been making Ryder eat pins for the past 3 years now. So yeah let's make him job as punishment, that'll show him #WWWELogic

#RyderOrRiot

How in the world would they view that as punishment :lol: ? That's his second live tv match since he beat Fandango like 2 months ago.

[h1]  [/h1]
[h1]Hands-On: WWE 2K15 looks to be a true brawl for all at last[/h1]
Every man and his British Bulldog knows that wrestling is fake. But while predetermined, intricately choreographed matches ensure maximum entertainment in reality - okay, other than The Great Khali vs Ryback - they're never likely to catch on within videogaming.

Can you imagine, for instance, agreeing to let your Ryu lose to some stranger's Ken amid the pre-fight Street Fighter IV lobby chat? Of course not, because the will to win at any cost is what makes the majority of us love (and, when it all goes **** up, hate) video games in the first place. Also, because... Ken.

That presents WWE series co-developers Yuke's and Visual Concepts with the most precarious of balancing acts. Grap fans want every virtual match to play out as authentically as a WrestleMania or Summerslam main event; but they also want to pummel their opponent into oblivion, in a manner you wouldn't see on the gogglebox, at the same time.

Having played these games for 23 years, I'd long ago accepted this Sisyphean programming task to be a lost cause. But WWE 2K15 head honcho Mark Little insists I'm wrong to have done so - and is confident that this year's offering delivers as both a competitive brawler and a believable tribute to Monday Night Raw.

"Some of the changes we made are specifically about addressing that challenge," the executive director tells CVG ahead of an extended hands-on with the game, out on October 31. "The pacing, the flow, the stamina system - they're all there so you can let the game play out as a real wrestling match, if you so choose.

"However, if you want to go crazy and button mash, you can have success too. It might not look like the WWE programming you see on TV, but it's definitely an option."

Pleasingly, our playtest confirms that Little's game is as he states: combative from first punch to last, yet also authentic to what happens in the 'real' squared circle. Case in point: a match between myself and Official PlayStation Magazine editor Matt Pellett, which ends with us both unleashing F-bombs at the screen, our controllers, and one another - in the very best way.

He's walking neon sandwich board John Cena, I'm human insomniac cure Randy Orton. After spending the first few minutes feeling one another out using the new chain wrestling mechanic (try to gain the upper hand via a series of mini-games, one of which is like scissor-paper-stone with the face buttons) the contest builds towards the slams, suplexes and reversals familiar from last year. That's the more natural match flow Little is referring to.

There's a big twist, however. Now being on the receiving end of an opponent's signature move, such as Cena's five knuckle shuffle (I know) leaves you in grave danger of immediate defeat. Wounded, knackered grapplers struggle back to a standing position, even using the ropes to help themselves up when appropriate. But equally, if you can reverse an opponent's signature or finisher, momentum swings back heavily in your direction.

As a result, the stakes are high like never before when either player tries to end the match with one big move - miss it, and you can instantly turn glorious victory into crushing defeat.

My opponent and I learn this in the most agonising, enthralling manner, as Attitude Adjustments are blocked and reversed into RKOs, and then back again, at least half a dozen times. At one point, Cena finally hit his 'AA' and all looks lost... only for me to kick out at a count of two and 99/100ths. We both leap out of our seats in such sweary astonishment that the event photographer hurries over, hoping for a repeat performance.
[h2]  [/h2][h2]"Our face-off really has played out like a pay-per-view main event on WWE TV. I'm impressed."[/h2]
Sadly for Sidney Snapper, there's nothing quite so uproarious during the rest of the bout, and ultimately a second Attitude Adjustment does for Orton. Even so, I end the match almost as exultant as Pellett. The contest has been a thriller regardless of the result, with every hold and counter in the last couple of minutes teasing imminent victory.

That almost post-coital sense of exhaustion so prevalent when you win or lose a game of SFIV or Tekken with both combatants down to their last smidgen of health? Totally a thing in WWE 2K15. I never thought I'd see the day either.

And best of all, just as Little promised, our face-off really has played out like a pay-per-view main event on WWE TV. I'm impressed, and further matches pitting Cesaro against Goldust confirm that 2K really is on to a good thing this year.

It helps that every element of the game looks like a TV broadcast. The legendary facial tech on show in the NBA 2K series has crossed over to the grappling world, and all four brutemen mentioned above look eerily like their real life counterparts. Camera cuts and replays match those you see every week on Raw and Smackdown, and the thousands of new animations on offer give the action a seamless, organic flow.

With the in-ring product coming on in leaps and bounds, the second biggest challenge for the American-Japanese dev alliance relates to longevity. Making this look and feel like a wrestling match is vital - particularly with the PS4 and Xbox One debut raising expectations to Big Show heights - but will mean little if the modes on offer don't keep you coming back for more throughout the coming year.

And in that regard... we're still waiting to pin down specifics, sadly. We know which modes are coming, but 2K isn't divulging details right now. MyCareer will take you from the training rings of NXT to the WWE hall of fame, no doubt featuring bespoke story lines along the way, but without testing it there's no way to knowing whether it'll deliver on what certainly sounds a promising concept.

Similarly Universe mode, in which you control every WWE TV show, feud, and match, takes its next-gen bow after a successful run on PS3 and Xbox 360 - but is being kept entirely under wraps for the moment.

I do get to briefly sample one of the game's two '2K Showcase' rivalries, between CM Punk and John Cena. Like Attitude Era in WWE 13 and 30 Years Of WrestleMania in WWE 2K14, it enables you to replay classic matches while unlocking bonuses (such as event videos and extra playable characters) by mimicking actions from the bout in question.

On offer tonight is the main event from Money In The Bank 2011, and sees me - as Punk - fighting back against interference from Mr McMahon, pinning Cena for the title, and escaping the clutches of Alberto Del Rio, just as happened in reality.

Fun as reliving such moments vicariously is, the danger is that repeatedly playing contests as one of just four characters (Shawn Michaels vs Triple H is the mode's other rivalry) could become tedious very swiftly.

Attitude Era kept you hooked by teasing that another '90s favourite was going to pop up for your gaming pleasure every time you won a match, ultimately placing you in the virtual boots of more than two-dozen different, much-revered stars of yesteryear. That isn't the case here, and as a result we await to see how the mode unfolds with a touch of caution.

Still, it'd be a huge shock if Visual Concepts' influence on the series was only cosmetic, and so the studio deserves the benefit of the doubt for now. The recent history of its genre-leading basketball series suggests it'll nail the long-haul appeal in addition to the wrestling basics, and all while looking better than any grap game you've ever seen.

Spent years dreaming of lumping Cena on that beautifully chiselled, sometimes smug jawline? This is the closest you've ever been to doing it for real.

F4WOnline.com is reporting that Zack Ryder’s loss to Rusev last night could have been a statement made from WWE officials. Ryder has been sending some negative feedback on Twitter, similar to what JTG did back in 2012. JTG would be squashed by Ryback and Monday night could have been that very moment for Ryder in a match against Rusev.
Well we've been making Ryder eat pins for the past 3 years now. So yeah let's make him job as punishment, that'll show him #WWWELogic

#RyderOrRiot
That is not at all what Dave and Bryan reported.  These wrestling news sites are run by 15 year olds that can't even transcribe audio correctly.

Ryder was sending out tweets about being upset that he was not even being flown to Raw anymore over the past few months. So WWE flew him out to squash him last night.

Back
Top Bottom