Wrestling Thread September 1st-3rd/ Weekend Edition/ Mae Young Classic Available Now First 4

And I gotta disagree about the Brock/Joe match..Joe came off looking decent, but he lasted less time than Oldberg did..And he put the Coqinaklia Clutch on Bork, I think, 3 times and Brock got out..But yet could only take 1 F5 and was finished..IMO that's not really being made to look strong..
Agreed, even commentary pointed out Joe could've gone on his back for the Coquina Clutch but didnt. It made him look kinda stupid. 

I thought Miz/Dean was fine. It isn't their fault that booking decides to not do anything else with them.

I would've liked to have seen Joe kick out of one F5, but regardless, he still looked incredibly strong. More so than pretty much anyone else that has faced Brock.

But it is Miz and Dean's fault that the matches themselves aren't entertaining..Every time they wrestle they get plenty of time to put on a show and every time they fail..Both are boring and both don't deserve to be in the IC picture..

And I gotta disagree about the Brock/Joe match..Joe came off looking decent, but he lasted less time than Oldberg did..And he put the Coqinaklia Clutch on Bork, I think, 3 times and Brock got out..But yet could only take 1 F5 and was finished..IMO that's not really being made to look strong..

When was the last standout Dean match that didn't involve AJ Styles? Even Miz had a good match with Ziggler

Gonna need a gif of Roman sliding into the ambulance like he's trying to steal a base.
sKMi5Pz.gif
Only thing missing is a "In" caption.
knvI1Jiyte-in.gif

edit

I think this one is better

LXyUVeftkz-in.gif

Last edited:
When was the last standout Dean match that didn't involve AJ Styles? Even Miz had a good match with Ziggler

I couldn't tell you the last time either one had a memorable match..Those 2 have terrible chemistry together and I think that's because both of their move sets look extremely weak..Neither comes across as "tough", so they don't match up well together..And I think it's time to move both guys to the mid card only and away from the IC title..

I'd really like for Braun to bulldoze through Miz for the belt and let him hold the title for a solid 8-9 months to make that belt mean something again..

According to Observer Radio, Austin Aries did not request his release, but was happy when WWE decided to let him go.

That’s because he was reportedly unhappy (particularly about losing out on WrestleManiaroyalties due to his match being on the pre-show and off the DVD) and unpopular backstage, and this way he can resume wrestling for other companies well before the three-year contract he signed in 2016 expires.

Not really surprised he was unpopular, tbh

He always came off as a dude with a major CM Punk type ego even pre-WWE.

Last edited:

According to Observer Radio, Austin Aries did not request his release, but was happy when WWE decided to let him go.

That’s because he was reportedly unhappy (particularly about losing out on WrestleManiaroyalties due to his match being on the pre-show and off the DVD) and unpopular backstage, and this way he can resume wrestling for other companies well before the three-year contract he signed in 2016 expires.
Not really surprised he was unpopular, tbh

He always came off as a dude with a major CM Punk type ego even pre-WWE.
I don't get the hype.

Is Aries even that good?

Back
Top Bottom