Wrestling Thread September 1st-3rd/ Weekend Edition/ Mae Young Classic Available Now First 4

Well also consider #1 is against another well known, very popular fighter and it was a fight people were waiting for years to happen. #2 and #3 were against great Mexican stars and Mexicans support their fighters.

Thank you. Dc loves make things ALL bout race when that aint the only factor. Shoulda known better than to get dragged into that kinda discussion with him smh lol

hqdefault.jpg

So his biggest 3 fights JUST so happen to be against other ethnicities?

You are severely discrediting the racial aspect.

Sure he and Broner would have done solid numbers but nowhere near making this list.

Go do your history, boxing is ROOTED in ethnic and racial battles
I guess this is me saying race is the ONLY factor.

Clearly is two midcarders fight it won't push numbers.

We are talking about main event fighters, so CLEARLY big names have to be attached to the evwnt.

Also, Floyd vs. RICKY hatton. That was a big fight as well. Why was it AS big as it was? The racial element

You discredited the other reason i said & basically made it seem like that is the only reason but Im done with this. Not going in circles with you bruh lol
I CLEARLY didn't do that. Not even sure how you got that.

You brought up Broner. I said a Broner fight would have been a good buy but it wouldn't be ANYWHERE near that list.

If Broner was an arrogant WHITE (successful) fighter, that PPV would do better numbers tjan Black Broner vs Floyd

I guess there's no need to watch SummerSlam since they're having all these matches before the actual PPV

I guess this is me saying race is the ONLY factor.

Clearly is two midcarders fight it won't push numbers.

We are talking about main event fighters, so CLEARLY big names have to be attached to the evwnt.

Also, Floyd vs. RICKY hatton. That was a big fight as well. Why was it AS big as it was? The racial element

Ok then what other black fighter was there for Floyd to face that woulda made money? Please tell me

There were NONE. So Floyd exploited the Mexican fanbase by holding his fights against their best fighters on their independence day weekend. The Pacquiao thing had been building up for years & Pacman was the number 2 biggest fighter in the world behind only Floyd so OF COURSE that was gon make money

I get what you saying DC but i really feel like you dont get what I'm saying. Does race play a factor in them fights. Yea for sure but also look at how he used them fanbases. It was genius

You cant make money if the other fighter no one cares bout or is trash. Thats why no one gave a damn when he faced Berto. It wasnt only cuz it was a black on black fight

There weren't any other top level black fighters for Floyd at the time.

But I am not sure what that has to do with 3 of his fights being the Top 3 PPV events in combat sports history.

Anything you bring up will be hypothetical, therefore it can't be an arguing point.

The fact remains.

Floyd fought 3 high level ETHNIC fighters. Them being of diverse ethnicities AIDED in those events being AS big as they were.

Really not sure how that is arguable.

I get what you saying DC but i really feel like you dont get what I'm saying. Does race play a factor in them fights. Yea for sure but also look at how he used them fanbases. It was genius

You cant make money if the other fighter no one cares bout or is trash. Thats why no one gave a damn when he faced Berto. It wasnt only cuz it was a black on black fight
You didn't type anything that I didn't already say

Back
Top Bottom