Wrestling Thread Week of March 28th/ NXT Takeover Friday/ WrestleMania Sunday

What are you more excited for WM or NXT Takeover Dallas

• WM

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NXT

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Bret comments on Stang:
Question: Other than the money, what did you enjoy most about your time at WCW?
BH: I really didn’t enjoy anything. If I had to sum up what one thing I did like I would probably say wrestling Sting. Sting was a class guy, just a first rate guy. Great guy to work with. Great guy to talk to. Great guy to hang out with. A real friend. No ego. Never saw any ounce of ego. Just a team player all the way and I always had a lot of respect for him. He really made coming to work fun. When I look back today I just have mounds of respect for Sting. When I watch some of our matches back they were actually pretty good. Considering we had absolutely no direction. Absolutely no storyline. Nothing made any sense. He was always able to make sense of the most stupid stuff that Bischoff could come up with. I just have so much respect for the fact he was there as long was and he just was a guy… you never forget guys like Sting. He was just there every day. Showed up for work and did the best he could every night. He made a real difference to guys like me in the dressing room that almost lost hope working there.

I was really shocked that they didn't have this matchup in Dallas.. Who's the face in Zayn v Nakamura?

Enzo & Cass

6 rings whattup my g

tumblr_o3dwhzVu8t1sx191ko1_500.png

tumblr_nby8yfo9at1shsq9jo3_400.gif

@DCAllAmerican Would you go to a Brilliant Idiots live show?  They're in SF and I'm debating on going.  The live shows don't seem as good as the regular podcasts though, which is what keeps me on-the-fence.

Dc how many hours a day do you listen to podcasts? Cause it seems like your hip to so many different ones with a good mix of subject matter..

Wake up 5:45

Shower

Out by 6:05 ( 
glasses.gif
 )

Listen to podcasts while ironing, getting dressed, making breakfast, leave the house, commute to work

Leave house at 7:05

Get to work at 7:55

And on the commute home

So about 2+ hours worth per day

Yea I would. Something to do.

I listen to their podcasts, so I wouldn't mind supporting their pockets. They give me hours of entertainment for free.
Good point, I wouldn't mind supporting them either, though listening to their podcast indirectly supports their pockets.  Should've bought my ticket earlier because I'm gonna be struggling to see in the last row
laugh.gif

Bret comments on Stang:

BH: I really didn’t enjoy anything. If I had to sum up what one thing I did like I would probably say wrestling Sting. Sting was a class guy, just a first rate guy. Great guy to work with. Great guy to talk to. Great guy to hang out with. A real friend. No ego. Never saw any ounce of ego. Just a team player all the way and I always had a lot of respect for him. He really made coming to work fun. When I look back today I just have mounds of respect for Sting. When I watch some of our matches back they were actually pretty good. Considering we had absolutely no direction. Absolutely no storyline. Nothing made any sense. He was always able to make sense of the most stupid stuff that Bischoff could come up with. I just have so much respect for the fact he was there as long was and he just was a guy… you never forget guys like Sting. He was just there every day. Showed up for work and did the best he could every night. He made a real difference to guys like me in the dressing room that almost lost hope working there.

:smokin :smokin

Sting's greatest asset and biggest detriment has always been how professional he is. Wish he would've came to the WWE sooner than he did, especially with how he was booked, but it wouldn't be Sting if he didn't stick to his values and also did what he was asked.

Bret comments on Stang:

smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Sting's greatest asset and biggest detriment has always been how professional he is. Wish he would've came to the WWE sooner than he did, especially with how he was booked, but it wouldn't be Sting if he didn't stick to his values and also did what he was asked.
Apparently, this infamous match happened the same day he turned down WWE negotiations.

Last edited:

Good point, I wouldn't mind supporting them either, though listening to their podcast indirectly supports their pockets.  Should've bought my ticket earlier because I'm gonna be struggling to see in the last row
laugh.gif
Is their show outside or something when they come to SF?

Mil Muertes and Fenix beating TF out each other :lol: destroying each others' masks, really good match

@gunnascott

@casekicks

The Ross Report with Gary Michael Cappetta - Ep109 - The Ross Report

http://podcastone.com/pg/jsp/program/episode.jsp?programID=619&pid=1636052

Gary Michael Cappetta is the World's Most Dangerous Announcer, and he's the only announcer to ever work for the AWA, the NWA, and the WWF at the same time. He's got stories about Gorilla Monsoon, Verne Gagne, Bill Watts, Eric Bischoff, and a young Vince McMahon. Hear about his WCW contract negotiation, meeting his childhood hero Bruno Sammartino, and why he ultimately left WWE.

@gunnascott

@casekicks

The Ross Report with Gary Michael Cappetta - Ep109 - The Ross Report

http://podcastone.com/pg/jsp/program/episode.jsp?programID=619&pid=1636052

Gary Michael Cappetta is the World's Most Dangerous Announcer, and he's the only announcer to ever work for the AWA, the NWA, and the WWF at the same time. He's got stories about Gorilla Monsoon, Verne Gagne, Bill Watts, Eric Bischoff, and a young Vince McMahon. Hear about his WCW contract negotiation, meeting his childhood hero Bruno Sammartino, and why he ultimately left WWE.

Jumping jim ross

Back
Top Bottom