WSW (White Supremacist Watch) Thread

D7STng2WsAEU4M3.jpg

D7STng2XoAUpUzA.jpg

D7STngzXsAIzp3f.jpg

Australia High Court to Decide if Aboriginals Without Citizenship Can Be Deported

2019-04-18-21_31_24-Capture-600x335.png

https://atlantablackstar.com/2019/0...riginals-without-citizenship-can-be-deported/

Daniel Love (pictured with his mother) is an Aboriginal Australian born in Papua New Guinea who has lived in Australia since childhood. His parents never completed his Australian citizenship papers. Love was detained under an immigration law that mandates deportation for “aliens” who are sentenced to jail time for certain offenses. Love argues that as an Indigenous man, he cannot be an alien (Photo: Supplied).
Australia, a country taken over by white colonizers after the Black indigenous population had lived there for 65,000 years, will now determine if Aboriginal people without Australian citizenship are aliens who are subject to deportation.

There is a case before the High Court of Australia that will establish whether an indigenous person can be considered an alien under the nation’s constitution. Two men, Daniel Love and Brendan Thoms, have filed a lawsuit in which the court will determine whether an Aboriginal Australian with at least one Australian parent — one who was born in another country, came to Australia as a young child and has only left the country briefly — and is not an Australian citizen is an alien under section 51 (xix) of the Australian Constitution. That section allows the Parliament to enact laws concerning “naturalization and aliens.”

The answer the plaintiffs have gotten is no. “For descendants of Australia’s first peoples, an indelible part of the Australian community, to be ‘aliens’ for the purposes of Australia’s Constitution, is antithetical to their indigeneity and to the social, democratic and political values which underpin and are protected by the Constitution The concept of Aboriginality is inconsistent with the concept of alienage,” the men say in their filing with the court.

Under a 2014 federal immigration law, known as a “bad character” law, deportation is mandated for people living in Australia with visas who are sentenced to at least 12 months of imprisonment. The Australian government wants to make their immigration laws even more draconian by broadening the government’s power to revoke visas of people with criminal records. The policy has increased the deportation of people who have lived in Australia most of their lives to countries such as New Zealand, Papua New Guinea or other islands in the Pacific, even when those people have no ties to the country to which they are returned. One third of the 1,300 people in immigration detention are there based on bad character, and in New Zealand, where the Australian deportation plan has been criticized, 600 people were returned in 2017.

Daniel Love, 39, is a member of the Kamilaroi people who was born in Papua New Guinea to an Aboriginal Australian father and a Papua New Guinean mother. Love is also a common law holder ofnative title —traditional land rights claimed by Aboriginal Australian people under the original ownership of the land. He has been a permanent resident of Australia since the age of 6, but his parents did not complete the necessary paperwork to obtain his Australian citizenship. Last year, Love was sentenced to 12 months in prison on an assault charge. The government canceled his visa and Love was placed in immigration detention. After spending seven weeks in detention, Love was released and the government revoked the cancellation of his visa.

Love sued the government for AU$200,000 (US$142,920) in compensation for false imprisonment, claiming the government illegally detained him and that he has suffered loss of appetite, sleep deprivation and anxiety. He was unable to see his five children, all of whom are Australian citizens, and feared for his safety with the prospect of being sent to a country with which he has no family connections.

Similarly, Brendan Thoms, 31, is a Gunggari man born in New Zealand to an Aboriginal Australian mother and a New Zealander father. Thoms was entitled to Australian citizenship by birth but has not acquired it, and has lived in Australia since the age of 6. He was sentenced to imprisonment of 18 months for assault causing bodily harm, and his visa was canceled because he was deemed an “unlawful non-citizen.” Thoms, who has one Australian child, remains in detention.

In its own court filings, the Commonwealth of Australia claims that whether Love or Thoms is an Aboriginal person or is a common law holder of native title is irrelevant in determining if they are aliens. Rather, the government argues that what is important is the men are not citizens and they owe allegiance to a foreign country, and that having an Australian parent or deep ties to the country is irrelevant. “Accordingly, as persons who are not Australian citizens, the Plaintiffs are, and always have been, aliens,” the government argues, adding “it was recognised that the effect of Australia’s emergence as a fully independent sovereign nation with its own distinct citizenship … that the word ‘alien’ in s 5 l(xix) of the Constitution had become synonymous with ‘non-citizen’.”

The state also claims that “Aboriginality does not prevent a person from being an alien,” particularly when that person is a citizen of a foreign country. The citizens of Papua New Guinea, the commonwealth claims, may have traditional and cultural associations with the Torres Strait Islands of Australia — which lie between Papua New Guinea and Australia — yet they are still regarded as aliens.

This case comes in a country that granted citizenship to indigenous people only relatively recently, with a 1967 referendum to include Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in the national census for the first time. Prior to that time, Black people were rendered invisible and treated like animals, supposedly “discovered” by the British in 1788, although they had lived on the land for millennia. Now there is cruel irony in the fact that indigenous Black people would be regarded as aliens on land stolen from them.

Hate Makes a Comeback in the Pacific Northwest

norm-gissel.jpg

(1 of 4) Norm Gissel smiles as he talks about the imminent dismantling of the former headquarters of the Aryan Nations in Hayden Lake, Idaho. Behind Gisel is a Nazi insignia painted atop the roof of the compound's cafeteria. Nearly two decades after the Aryan Nations compound was demolished in Idaho, far-right extremists are maintaining a presence in the Pacific Northwest.

https://www.mail.com/news/politics/9188836-hate-comeback-pacific-northwest.html

SPOKANE, Wash. (AP) — Nearly two decades after the Aryan Nations' Idaho compound was demolished, far-right extremists are maintaining a presence in the Pacific Northwest. White nationalism has been on the rise across the U.S., but it has particular resonance along the Idaho-Washington border, where the Aryans espoused hate and violence for years.

The neo-Nazi group was based near Hayden Lake, Idaho, starting in the 1970s, and eventually was bankrupted in a lawsuit brought by local activists and the Southern Poverty Law Center. Its compound was seized, and supporters dispersed.

But a series of incidents in recent weeks show far-right sentiments never really left the conservative region. In the county that is home to Hayden Lake, for instance, Republicans last month passed a measure expressing support for U.S. entry of a prominent Austrian far-right activist who was investigated for ties to the suspected New Zealand mosque gunman.

In 2018, at least nine hate groups operated in the region of Spokane and northern Idaho, including Identity Evropa, Proud Boys, ACT for America and America's Promise Ministries, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center. The center does not track how many members belong to each group.

Keegan Hankes, a researcher for the Southern Poverty Law Center, said the number of hate groups is growing across the U.S., driven in part by a toxic political culture. The human rights group counted 784 active hate groups in the U.S. in 2014 and 1,020 in 2018.

In particular, white supremacist groups are growing because of fears that the country's racial makeup is changing. "That drives a ton of anxiety," Hankes said. These new far-right activists are more scattered than the ones who used to gather at the Aryan Nations by the dozens, experts say.

"It is no longer necessary to go to a compound in Hayden Lake, Idaho," said Kristine Hoover, director of the Gonzaga Institute for Hate Studies in Spokane. With the proliferation of social media, groups "form in dispersed locations" and gatherings are "more covert," she said.

matt-shea.jpg

In late April, a self-described "American Nationalist" named Brittany Pettibone appeared at a meeting of Kootenai County, Idaho, Republicans to ask for help to bring her boyfriend, Martin Sellner, to the country from Austria. Pettibone, 26, said Sellner wants to marry her and live in Post Falls, Idaho.

Pettibone was a big promoter of the hoax known as "Pizzagate," telling her online followers Hillary Clinton and other high-profile Democrats were involved in satanic rituals and child sex trafficking tied to a Washington, D.C., pizza restaurant.

.jpg

Sellner is a leading figure in the extremist "identitarian" movement, which espouses a white nationalist ideology and has swept over Europe amid an influx of migrants and refugees. He has confirmed he exchanged emails with the suspected New Zealand shooter, who donated money to Sellner's group. But Sellner denies involvement in the attack.

Despite his background, the Kootenai County Republican Central Committee passed a resolution urging the federal government to allow Sellner into the United States. The resolution said the government revoked Sellner's travel privileges "for political reasons," and demanded those privileges be reinstated.

Faced with criticism for giving Pettibone a platform, Kootenai County GOP Chair Brent Regan blamed the press. "In its lust for scandal, the media has stretched the committee's simple act of kindness into headlines that are too bizarre to be fiction," he wrote in a recent op-ed.

Also last month, The Guardian published internet chats from 2017 in which a Washington state legislator and three other men discussed confronting "leftists" with a variety of tactics, including violence, surveillance and intimidation.

The messages prompted Washington House Democrats to demand that the Republican lawmaker, Rep. Matt Shea of Spokane Valley, be reprimanded for a history of far-right speech and activities. While Shea did not propose violence, he did not speak up when violence was proposed, Democrats said.

House Republican Leader J.T. Wilcox of Yelm responded that Shea should not be punished before investigations are completed. The House, led by Democrats, will conduct an independent investigation of the lawmaker.

Shea, who rarely speaks to reporters, did not return numerous messages from The Associated Press. He has served in the state House since 2008, introducing bills to criminalize abortion and roll back gun laws and pushing for eastern Washington to secede from the rest of the state. The military veteran attracted international attention in 2018 after a document he wrote laid out a "biblical basis for war" against people who practiced same-sex marriage and abortion, and instructed: "If they do not yield, kill all males."

In a third case, a nationwide arrest warrant was issued in May for a Stevens County, Washington, man who allegedly tried to extort members of his right-wing militia group through anonymous written threats backed by insinuations they came from a Mexican drug cartel.

karl-wolf.jpg

James "Russell" Bolton, 51, faces at least six charges of extortion and attempted theft after he was arrested recently in West Virginia. Bolton has led a militia group called the Stevens County Assembly.

Stevens County detectives believe he was responsible for a series of anonymous threatening letters delivered to members of the group. The letters purported to come from a Mexican cartel and demanded large sums of cash in exchange for protection.

Hoover, the Gonzaga professor, said it is a mistake to consider all of the above as separate incidents. "These are movements," Hoover said, noting participants are not doing this alone. "They have interconnectedness over the internet."

It’s kind of crazy,” he told the station. “You go over there and don’t have a gun pointed at you, and you come back home and the first thing that happens is you have a gun pointed at you.”

:smh:

To Jessica, the most shocking part of Sunday’s confrontation was hearing the campground manager say, “Get, get” to her and her husband, making her feel that they were being treated like animals.

“You say ‘Get, get’ to a stray dog that’s on your porch,” she told WCBI. “That ‘Get, get’ got to me more than ‘You don’t belong here.’ ”

:smh:

The Top 50 Best-Looking Nationalities Revealed: Ukrainians Have Been Voted the Sexiest People, the English are Ranked 9th, Americans 45th - and the Irish Last
eJNVydu.png

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/...revealed-Ukrainians-voted-sexiest-people.html

• Researchers polled social media users about the world's most beautiful people
  • High-ranking nationalities included Brazilian, Australian and English
  • Croatians, Belgians and Slovenians all fared badly in the poll
Ukrainian has been voted as the sexiest nationality in a new survey.

The people of Ukraine, the birthplace of actress Mila Kunis, top a ranking of 50 nationalities, with Danish and Filipino coming second and third.

At the other end of the table is Irish, in 50th, with American ranking 45th.

I want to attribute this behavior to white girls only
but I’ve seen other ethnicities & races act similarly under the influence. Girls can be weird when they compliment each other.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!:lol::rofl::lol:
Perhaps they are using some of that ARTISTIC INTEGRITY as the judge!
:lol: Look at you, hurt because you were wrong.

It’s ok, everyone is wrong once in a while. Don’t beat yourself up too bad about it.
BD70764A-B72A-42F1-93F3-40003B872D99.png

I want to attribute this behavior to white girls only
but I’ve seen other ethnicities & races act similarly under the influence. Girls can be weird when they compliment each other.

:lol: Look at you, hurt because you were wrong.

It’s ok, everyone is wrong once in a while. Don’t beat yourself up too bad about it.
BD70764A-B72A-42F1-93F3-40003B872D99.png
I guess your ego tells you that you are capable of hurting someone via the internet. Good.

Yah.

Just like your ego tells you to read selectively to fit your narrative.
B3C59879-3830-42CA-9459-E8C4030EA0CA.png
..and that narrative is? it seems as if you have something that you want to say! Go ahead, state your position while on this thread! The floor is yours!

..and that narrative is? it seems as if you have something that you want to say! Go ahead, state your position while on this thread! The floor is yours!
Sure.

That day you were talking about the white culture vulture agenda against black people and people who looked black throughout history that included art.

I don’t think I disagreed with anything else in that post but the MISINFORMATION about those statues from antiquity. Usually everything your talking about black empowerment and rights, I’m for. :smokin I’ve probably disagreed with a couple to few things you’ve said but nothing that you’d think and say, “damn, that’s racist.”

All that I called out was that tidbit, you responded, I responded, you picked the admittedly weakest point of my argument to :rofl: at, while ignoring the other two. >D To make it seem like you were never wrong about what I brought up. >D So I brought that same energy back. >D

Sure.

That day you were talking about the white culture vulture agenda against black people and people who looked black throughout history that included art.

I don’t think I disagreed with anything else in that post but the MISINFORMATION about those statues from antiquity. Usually everything your talking about black empowerment and rights, I’m for. :smokin I’ve probably disagreed with a couple to few things you’ve said but nothing that you’d think and say, “damn, that’s racist.”

All that I called out was that tidbit, you responded, I responded, you picked the admittedly weakest point of my argument to :rofl: at, while ignoring the other two. >D To make it seem like you were never wrong about what I brought up. >D So I brought that same energy back. >D
Those statues were kept white on purpose, to further the white racist agenda of white purity as the symbol of beauty. That was my point, which was in the article posted in order to clarify and solidify my position.
There has been no greater CULTURE VULTURE in this world, greater than those who have deemed themselves WHITE. None.
They blew the nose off of the Sphinx, they made Jesus, Mary and Joseph white, the hand of Yaweh white, in the name of Elvis they claimed that the kings of Black artistic cultures are White, and that even the Egyptians all looked like Yul Brenner.

What say you?

Here is the article....In a catalogue essay for an 1892 exhibition at the Art Institute of Chicago, the classical scholar Alfred Emerson said of polychromy that “literary testimony and the evidence of archeology are too strong and uniform to admit of quibble or doubt.” Nevertheless, Emerson continued, “so strong was the deference for the Antique, learned from the Italian masters of the Renaissance, that the accidental destruction of the ancient coloring” had been “exalted into a special merit, and ridiculously associated with the ideal qualities of the highest art”—from “lofty serenity” to “unsullied purity.”
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2018/10/29/the-myth-of-whiteness-in-classical-sculpture

Nor did the Greeks conceive of race the way we do. Some of the ancients’ racial theories were derived from the Hippocratic idea of the humors. Rebecca Futo Kennedy, a classicist at Denison University, who writes on race and ethnicity, told me, “Cold weather made you stupid but also courageous, so that was what people from the Far North were supposed to be like. And the people they called Ethiopians were thought of as very smart but cowardly. It comes out of the medical tradition. In the North, you have plenty of thick blood. Whereas, in the South, you’re being desiccated by the sun, and you have to think about how to conserve your blood.” Pale skin on a woman was considered a sign of beauty and refinement, because it showed that she was privileged enough not to have to work outdoors. But a man with pale skin was considered unmasculine: bronzed skin was associated with the heroes who fought on battlefields and competed as athletes, naked, in amphitheatres.

Last edited:
I already stated my position(s) on your claim as to why they kept the statues white but you chose to ignore 2 of them. That first paragraph is just the opinion of some random second hand observer on the idealization of white skin & says nothing as to why they were left untouched. Second paragraph is just a rundown of how the Greeks viewed skin color. Again nothing to do with why the statues were left untouched.

This is just running in circles at this point, though.

Have a good day.

I already stated my position(s) on your claim as to why they kept the statues white but you chose to ignore 2 of them. That first paragraph is just the opinion of some random second hand observer on the idealization of white skin & says nothing as to why they were left untouched. Second paragraph is just a rundown of how the Greeks viewed skin color. Again nothing to do with why the statues were left untouched.

This is just running in circles at this point, though.

Have a good day.
You didn't read the article, and it shows.

Greek and Roman statues were often painted, but assumptions about race and aesthetics have suppressed this truth. Now scholars are making a color correction.

More....
.Brinkmann soon realized that his discovery hardly required a special lamp: if you were looking at an ancient Greek or Roman sculpture up close, some of the pigment “was easy to see, even with the naked eye.” Westerners had been engaged in an act of collective blindness. “It turns out that vision is heavily subjective,” he told me. “You need to transform your eye into an objective tool in order to overcome this powerful imprint”—a tendency to equate whiteness with beauty, taste, and classical ideals, and to see color as alien, sensual, and garish.

One more...
On the Web site Pharos, which was founded, last year, in part to counter white-supremacist interpretations of the ancient world, a recent essay notes, “Although there is a persistent, racist preference for lighter skin over darker skin in the contemporary world, the ancient Greeks considered darker skin” for men to be “more beautiful and a sign of physical and moral superiority.

What is clear, is that you have forgotten the face of your father. :lol:

I have to purposely stay oblivious to most of this stuff. I can’t live my life angry all the time. We live in a ****ed up world and it can’t be avoided but the racism just fills you with anger.

Back
Top Bottom