WU TANG CLAN APPRECIATION vol. G.O.A.T.

abeautifulhaze wrote:
Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Ill post.

The brilliance and body of work that came out of these brothers is too much for words. They can literally fill a whole encyclopedia set with their content.

Straight ghetto genius.

One of the best musical acts in history and a big influence in my life.

Someone brought it up earlier, but this is a complete wu tang thread. I mean everything from their collective albums to their solo projects is consistently nothing short of genius

abeautifulhaze wrote:
Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Ill post.

The brilliance and body of work that came out of these brothers is too much for words. They can literally fill a whole encyclopedia set with their content.

Straight ghetto genius.

One of the best musical acts in history and a big influence in my life.

Someone brought it up earlier, but this is a complete wu tang thread. I mean everything from their collective albums to their solo projects is consistently nothing short of genius

The W is severely underrated. RZA did work on that.

Liquid Swords is underrated as well.

Between LS, OB4CL and Supreme Clientele there's enough classics....not that big a fan of Tical....

Deck is also an underrated lyricist...

Wu- Massacre was such a disappointment. The project was rushed...those three MCs have enough charisma between them for the execution of the project to have been so poor.

The W is severely underrated. RZA did work on that.

Liquid Swords is underrated as well.

Between LS, OB4CL and Supreme Clientele there's enough classics....not that big a fan of Tical....

Deck is also an underrated lyricist...

Wu- Massacre was such a disappointment. The project was rushed...those three MCs have enough charisma between them for the execution of the project to have been so poor.

Wu is as ill as hip hop gets IMO.
My favorite I SH of all time. They bullied their way in the game with their own sound & made that I SH hot. They forced the masses come to them instead of the other way around.
The rhyme patterns, the samples were all different, type weird, but still fresh.
For me, Wu is the audio representation of a back street on a winter night (that I SH just sounds like Newark or BK or Philly or wherever @ 2:30 in the morning in Feb. I know some of you understand what I mean).

Wu is as ill as hip hop gets IMO.
My favorite I SH of all time. They bullied their way in the game with their own sound & made that I SH hot. They forced the masses come to them instead of the other way around.
The rhyme patterns, the samples were all different, type weird, but still fresh.
For me, Wu is the audio representation of a back street on a winter night (that I SH just sounds like Newark or BK or Philly or wherever @ 2:30 in the morning in Feb. I know some of you understand what I mean).

wu tang is definitely appreciated!

no other group is as successful as them and can still be successful as soloists

i miss hardcore raps like this...

RIP ODB

wu tang is definitely appreciated!

no other group is as successful as them and can still be successful as soloists

i miss hardcore raps like this...

RIP ODB

Liquid Swords / Purple Tape ...
pimp.gif
doesn't get much better than that ...

Ghostface
pimp.gif

GZA ...
pimp.gif

Wu Tang ... appreciated ....

Liquid Swords / Purple Tape ...
pimp.gif
doesn't get much better than that ...

Ghostface
pimp.gif

GZA ...
pimp.gif

Wu Tang ... appreciated ....

"Protect Ya Neck" and "Method Man" came out and I wasn't that impressed.

Then I head the words "Ruff like Timberland wear, Yeah, Me and the clan and yo the Landcruisers out there", I was sold at that point. 17 years later, no-one has come close to eclipsing them.

Back
Top Bottom