WWE Night of Champions PPV 7/26 - Punk vs Hardy, Orton vs Cena vs HHH (p31)

i was disappointed with that PPV last nite
smh.gif
I was very happy to see Taz n lookin forward to how TNA uses him. I hope all of MEM lose the belts in 2 months

I haven't watched a full Raw in about a month n looks like I will continue to do so. ZZ Top for real WWE? Couldn't even get D-listers to host the show?
smh.gif

As noted earlier this afternoon here on the website, Jeff Jarrett did not attend last night's Victory Road pay-per-view, nor will be attending this week's slate of television tapings. TNA front office employees were told during a company meeting late last week that he is taking some "personal time off."

Jarrett was previously scheduled to at least be involved in some pre-taped backstage segments at last night's show. He was also going to continue building a program with Eric Young at this week's Impact tapings.

As a result of his absence, the creative team and several producers ran things backstage last night at Victory Road.

It's interesting to note that Jarrett's sudden absence coincidentally occurs after an incident on Bubba the Love Sponge's radio show last week where an "anonymous TNA employee" had their voice distorted and claimed on-air that Jarrett was now involved in a relationship with the ex-wife of Kurt Angle, Karen. The person claimed the two were living together at Jarrett's residence.

A rumored relationship between Jarrett and Karen Angle has been bouncing around for several months, so the caller was simply repeating the oft-cited rumor. However, giving the timing of Jarrett deciding to take some personal time off, it does seem rather peculiar.

TNA's public relations official Steve Godfrey declined to comment on the situation this morning when contacted. He said he could not "comment on personnel issues at this time."

Jarrett's sudden absence was a large topic of discussion among wrestlers and employees at last night's pay-per-view. This may have been the first pay-per-view in the company's seven-year history which he was not running and/or backstage.

There is said to be no timetable on when he will return to his duties.
Dude decided to take a break out of no where. Probably knocking boots with Karen Angle.
tongue.gif

I will be tuning into RAW tonight after not watching Raw for the past few weeks.

And here are the updated GWO Rosters. I copied and pasted this from last week's wrestling thread:::

GWO (General World Order) UPDATED ROSTERS. If your Down to join, post in this thread with the character you want or PM me.

Mister916 - Chris Jericho
chino905- Bret Hart
masterhammy23 - The Undertaker
AquaGrape2345 -Kevin Nash
ao17 - Edge
USA Pride4Life - Ted DiBiase
MeanGene- Mean Gene Okerlund
CarpeDiemKJ- Macho Man Randy Savage
gstbmn- Mick Foley
Mblackmon- Booker T
Jules300- Taz
nyzMaGician- Rob Van Dam
TheDeek- John Morrison
Bonafide125- Batista
DC5 06- Randy Orton
JohnnyRedStorm- Jeff Hardy
The Minister- Ric Flair
Quiickz- New Jack
MrDragonFlyJones- Kurt Angle
HardWork919-D-Lo Brown
22stylez- HHH
I Na Smatic I- Chris Benoit
basketballsavant-Rick Rude
Physicx- Funaki
jdkurt2- Brian Pillman
mjmoney- Hulk Hogan
furiousstylezz- Sabu
maelstroom- Eddie Guerrero
Tennhouse2- Shawn Michaels

Here is an update on the Jeff Jarrett/TNA/Kurt Angle situation. Ever since the mysterious TNA person on Bubba the Love Sponge said that Jarrett and Karen Angle were together, Dixie Carter ordered Jarrett to go home, which has been described publicly as him agreeing to take a leave of absence. At the house show on Saturday night, Angle was telling people that he is going to end up with booking control of the company that Jarrett had and that he won't sign a new contract if Jarrett remains in power. Nobody really know how things transpire from here. Jarrett was booked in segments on last night's show that were either tweaked or removed. The direction of the booking last night was planned before any of this went down as the TVs for the next month were written before the Bubba stuff happened, although everything involving Jarrett obviously has had to be tweaked. Generally speaking, the wrestlers are sympathetic to Kurt Angle on this one aside from those who have naturally close ties with Jarrett. TNA people are playing the tape from Bubba over and over since the guy disguised his voice, attempting to find out who started this mess and made the call. I presume, given that it's wrestling, that they all make up and try and do a television angle out of this.

lol damn it seems like the Fans really do Hate Jericho.�At a House show on Saturday Night, a fan tried to attack Jericho.

Originally Posted by Nike Jordan

Here is an update on the Jeff Jarrett/TNA/Kurt Angle situation. Ever since the mysterious TNA person on Bubba the Love Sponge said that Jarrett and Karen Angle were together, Dixie Carter ordered Jarrett to go home, which has been described publicly as him agreeing to take a leave of absence. At the house show on Saturday night, Angle was telling people that he is going to end up with booking control of the company that Jarrett had and that he won't sign a new contract if Jarrett remains in power. Nobody really know how things transpire from here. Jarrett was booked in segments on last night's show that were either tweaked or removed. The direction of the booking last night was planned before any of this went down as the TVs for the next month were written before the Bubba stuff happened, although everything involving Jarrett obviously has had to be tweaked. Generally speaking, the wrestlers are sympathetic to Kurt Angle on this one aside from those who have naturally close ties with Jarrett. TNA people are playing the tape from Bubba over and over since the guy disguised his voice, attempting to find out who started this mess and made the call. I presume, given that it's wrestling, that they all make up and try and do a television angle out of this.

Kurt Angle is definitely coming back to the WWE now
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Jules300

Originally Posted by chino905

Originally Posted by cosuna

As much as this RAW can suck, it can't possibly be worse than last night's TNA PPV

indifferent.gif

naw i agree TNA takes 2 steps forward then 8 steps backwards
laugh.gif
after Jules hyped up the PPV like crazy, I was looking forward to watching it. But damn it was a bust. The arena looked like they only had like 200 people in attendance.

I thought it was going to be epic the build up over the last few weeks was great TNA just dropped the ball big time. BTW WWE has made me do a whole 180 on orton i cant stand this dude anymore. Im so sick of the WWE making him look so weak. He always running and getting squashed. What ever happened to the heel who went around destroying dudes ?
I'm gonna assume your a TNA fan so I gotta ask why you expected the PPV to be so good? The MEM make good storylines but their 5 star matchdays are long gone. I did like that they all got belts (except joe). Hopefully TNA takes the opportunity to make the legends belt the "old guys belt"and the tna title the "younger guys belt". By the way, non-TNA fans should know that TNA puts on sub par PPVs when they are in the impact zone. Theygo all out for the out of town PPVs its been like that for a while now.

Originally Posted by Disfunctional

Do you guys only talk about WWE & TNA or do some of you follow ROH,PWG,Chikara,Dragon Gate and etc...?
I'd follow them if there was a way to see them, you got some links?
IMO...overall, wrestling is just bad now. ZZ Top?!?!
Replace wrestling w/ RAW and your right.

Originally Posted by 100PROOF

As much as this RAW can suck, it can't possibly be worse than last night's TNA PPV

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
after Jules hyped up the PPV like crazy, I was looking forward to watching it. But damn it was a bust. The arena looked like they only had like 200 people in attendance.

I thought it was going to be epic the build up over the last few weeks was great TNA just dropped the ball big time. BTW WWE has made me do a whole 180 on orton i cant stand this dude anymore. Im so sick of the WWE making him look so weak. He always running and getting squashed. What ever happened to the heel who went around destroying dudes ?
I'm gonna assume your a TNA fan so I gotta ask why you expected the PPV to be so good? The MEM make good storylines but their 5 star match days are long gone. I did like that they all got belts (except joe). Hopefully TNA takes the opportunity to make the legends belt the "old guys belt" and the tna title the "younger guys belt". By the way, non-TNA fans should know that TNA puts on sub par PPVs when they are in the impact zone. They go all out for the out of town PPVs its been like that for a while now.

Yes im the biggest TNA fan probably on NT
nerd.gif
I thought the ppv would begood because the build up has been on point these last few weeks. TNA just needs to learn to close the deal with there PPVs. Still Impact > Raw but both aresub par from wat im use to in the 90s.
Disfunctional wrote:
Do you guys only talk about WWE & TNA or do some of you follow ROH,PWG,Chikara,Dragon Gate and etc...?

I follow PWG and ROH.

Originally Posted by 100PROOF

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

I'm gonna assume your a TNA fan so I gotta ask why you expected the PPV to be so good? The MEM make good storylines but their 5 star match days are long gone. I did like that they all got belts (except joe). Hopefully TNA takes the opportunity to make the legends belt the "old guys belt" and the tna title the "younger guys belt". By the way, non-TNA fans should know that TNA puts on sub par PPVs when they are in the impact zone. They go all out for the out of town PPVs its been like that for a while now.

Yes im the biggest TNA fan probably on NT
nerd.gif
I thought the ppv would be good because the build up has been on point these last few weeks. TNA just needs to learn to close the deal with there PPVs. Still Impact > Raw but both are sub par from wat im use to in the 90s.
Disfunctional wrote:

I follow PWG and ROH.

The build up was great for the PPV, but once I saw the matches I knew it was gonna be bad wrestling wise. That being said I still think it was anentertaining PPV to see for free, now if I had spent money on it I'd have been pissed. I think the storylines coming out of the PPV should be good though.

I see TNA jacked WWEs extreme rules theme like WWE jacked their Lock Down theme.
laugh.gif

The Batista DVD set,The Batista DVD set, titled Batista Unleashed will be released on October 13th, which is the same name as his autobiography. titled Batista Unleashed will be released on October 13th, which is the same name as his autobiography.
How the hell does this *#!*$*+ get a DVD before Jericho?

mister916,

I've always wondered why the E hasn't come out with a Jericho DVD. I'd be all over it. Also, seeing as your a huge Jericho mark, as am I, whatwould you think of Taker or HBK returning to be his partner this Sunday. I know Taker is extremely unlikely, he is a face, and isn't ready to return yet,but for some reason I have a sneaking suspicion it may be HBK

mister916,

I've always wondered why the E hasn't come out with a Jericho DVD. I'd be all over it. Also, seeing as your a huge Jericho mark, as am I, whatwould you think of Taker or HBK returning to be his partner this Sunday. I know Taker is extremely unlikely, he is a face, and isn't ready to return yet,but for some reason I have a sneaking suspicion it may be HBK

mister916,

Back
Top Bottom