WWE Night of Champions PPV 7/26 - Punk vs Hardy, Orton vs Cena vs HHH (p31)

I skipped the match to watch Entourage and I kinda wish I just watched Entourage on DVR. Oh well. I like Jeff, but Punk should have kept the belt. If they planon giving these two a longer program and the belt switches back and forth once or twice more I'll be happy. You couldn't really have the feud go onwithout Jeff winning.

- Big Show's submission finisher is now called the Colossal Clutch. Show, who was revealed as Chris Jericho's mystery tag team partner, is also wearing a new blue singlet as his ring gear.

- 17,774 was the announced attendance for tonight's show.

- Cryme Tyme beat The Hart Dynasty prior to tonight's WWE Night of Champions pay-per-view from the Wachovia Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

Maybe if they give Jeff Hardy a good title run, instead of just having him hold it for a month, and taking it from him, he would've signed already.

Blue indicates the winners.

WWE Unified Tag Team Championship Match
Chris Jericho & Big Show (c) vs. Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase

ECW Championship Match
Tommy Dreamer (c) vs. Christian

WWE United States Championship - Six Pack ChallengeMatch
[color= rgb(0, 0, 153)]Kofi Kingston (c)[/color] vs. Jack Swagger vs. Carlito vs. The Miz vs. Primo vs. MVP

WWE Women's Championship Match
Michelle McCool (c) vs. Melina

WWE Championship - Triple Threat Match
[color= rgb(0, 0, 153)]Randy Orton (c)[/color] vs. Triple H vs. John Cena

WWE Divas Championship Match
Maryse (c) vs. Mickie James

WWE Intercontinental Championship Match
Rey Mysterio (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler w/ Maria

WWE World Heavyweight ChampionshipMatch
CM Punk (c) vs. [color= rgb(0, 0, 153)]Jeff Hardy[/color]

Originally Posted by NYKnicks20

Maybe if they give Jeff Hardy a good title run, instead of just having him hold it for a month, and taking it from him, he would've signed already.

He's too much of a risk to be afforded a long title reign.

With Jericho tied up in the tag title picture and Edge out until Easter I expect Punk and Hardy to continue feuding up through Summerslam, and Punk will takeback the title there and probably go on to new feuds while Jeff takes his time off.

Wrestling just isn't what it used to be. I remember during the attitude era, anticipating and eager to see what would happen the next week, now I justcatch it whenever I can. Maybe it's me getting older.

Thank god HHH didn't win tonight
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by WILLINC

Thank god HHH didn't win tonight
pimp.gif
He will at Summerslam so don't get your hopes too high. He needs to take a year off from holding titles.

I figure the win by Hardy is for marketing. Vince knows that he can sell more Hardy shirts than he can Punk shirts. So, why not put the strap on a moremarketable champion.

Personally, I think Punk is great, and him being a heel is a plus for me.

%$%# it I'm reading the thread. Can you guys post some youtube links or something tomorrow so I can catch the matches?

Or can someone give me a recap?

Just checked the photos on wwe.com and they referred to the ECW championship as gold twice
laugh.gif

The way Dreamer held up Christian's hand at the end seemed like he is retiring and this was his last match, but it seems like he would have said it tonightin Philly if that was the case, so I'm not sure

WOW, giving Orton the belt even though he tapped out
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Maybe he forfeits it and that's how it's Cena vs. HHH at Summerslam because technically the only loser was Randy, but no clear winner

Back
Top Bottom