WWE SUMMERSLAM PPV 8/23 - Jeff Hardy vs CM Punk TLC Match, Orton vs Cena, DX Returns (p21)

I actually thought Freddie Prinze Jr. was decent on the mic and he knew how to act and everything. I guess being a writier in that limited capacity at leasttaught him that. IMO, he has been one of the better guest hosts even if he hasn't done anything in a while.

I thought they were gonna tweak Miz a little bit, but he still said awesome. He does look a little more legitimate with the bottoms now.

Still not a good Raw though
smh.gif

Originally Posted by jdcurt2

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Anyone else think HBK may turn on HHH?
I was thinkin somewhere down the road, and it could lead towards a match at WM26
Only problem is, IF HBK is retiring, there's no way he retires heel IMO.

Originally Posted by masterhammy23

And
roll.gif
at the random Culkin appearance. %%%# was crazy

Damn I missed this and I just deleted it off my DVR...

Raw was weak...Santino was great...Carlito needs to lose the Kim Kaphwan pants

you could tell Prinze knew his wrestling and was a true wrestling fan; talking about wwe action figures, videotapes and the old school wwf ice cream bars.

Awww man, I missed out on Culkin... I woulda been
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
... RAW was boring though... I also hate I missed this botch in the Divas match... Diva matches arean automatic bathroom/food break for me...

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

Sometimes I wish there was another channel to flip to watch wrestling on Mondays....I miss the good ol' days.
smh.gif
Get HDnet and watch ROH right before Raw.
pimp.gif

I think the WWE should use Chavo and Primo as a tag team.

I wonder if the TNA was on Mondays would the WWE shape up, because I feel that they have gotten comfortable ever since they bought of WCW and they are the onlyshow on mondays.

Why put Khali and Kane when you could establish a couple superstars on that night with the Tag and U.S titles alone. I feel that the WWE needs to use theseyoung athletes.

For summer slam they could have had:

U.S. Title
Kofi, Miz, Swagger, Bourne, Santino and Carlito

Tag TItle
Legacy, Show & Jericho, HF V2.0, Chryme Time, Primo and Chavo, Zeke and Kozlof (Tag Team Elimination)

IC Title
Mysterio vs Ziggler

Heavy Weight Title
C.M. Punk vs Hardy vs Morrison vs FInlay ( with Honrswoggle Retunring as manager)

Divas Title
Place in all the Divas leading to the unification of the title in a Royal Rumble Esq match but surround the ring with water and have them dumped in the waterand last one standing is the champ.

WWE Title
MVP vs Cena vs Orton vs Henry (Special Referee Shawn)

ECW Title
Christian Vs Regal vs Dreamer vs Benjamin (Extreme Rules )

End it all with Homage to the Undertaker with the Gong and the Arena going black and a timer, Or have his Symbol drop from the rafters with the druids comingout

Originally Posted by AquaGrape2345

I wonder if the TNA was on Mondays would the WWE shape up, because I feel that they have gotten comfortable ever since they bought of WCW and they are the only show on mondays.

Why put Khali and Kane when you could establish a couple superstars on that night with the Tag and U.S titles alone. I feel that the WWE needs to use these young athletes.

U.S. Title

Tag TItle
Legacy, Show & Jericho, HF V2.0, Chryme Time, Primo and Chavo, Zeke and Kozlof (Tag Team Elimination)

IC Title
Mysterio vs Ziggler

Heavy Weight Title
C.M. Punk vs Hardy vs Morrison vs FInlay ( with Honrswoggle Retunring as manager)

Divas Title
Place in all the Divas leading to the unification of the title in a Royal Rumble Esq match but surround the ring with water and have them dumped in the water and last one standing is the champ.

WWE Title

ECW Title

End it all with Homage to the Undertaker with the Gong and the Arena going black and a timer, Or have his Symbol drop from the rafters with the druids coming out
I would not pay for that ppv sorry
sick.gif

thats cool so then what would be your payperview?

yours is good but im not a fan of 4 ways and 3 ways i like straight 1 on 1 matches

I am interested to see the Punk/Hardy match at SS.

Knowing that I am probably not going to see it this way, but I want a clean finish. I do not care who wins or Jeff's situation with his contract. I want amatch where no matter what, Face or Heel, the crowd gives them a standing ovation or acknowledges the work they did in the match.

Yes Punk has been in 2 money in the bank matches but this match is where he proves to me where he wants to be as a wrestler in this company.

TLC's are just as bad as Hell in a Cell matches. Yes the E is PG but I do not think there is many ways of scripting this match except for who wins.

I truly hope that this match at SS steals the show. I am expecting though run ins from Matt and others trying to help either person win the match.

Like I said though, I think a 30 minute TLC with a clean victory will make that match the best at SS.

But I have a feeling we will not see that.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Sooooooooo close...maybe at SummerSlam

56b36b3622d65db6763f0191e644f91b3a44fc3b.jpg
He definitely said episodic.

And I'm shocked if he didn't say "modified (move)". Maybe we did have a bingo last night.

Originally Posted by masterhammy23

I actually thought Freddie Prinze Jr. was decent on the mic and he knew how to act and everything. I guess being a writier in that limited capacity at least taught him that. IMO, he has been one of the better guest hosts even if he hasn't done anything in a while.
I thought Prinze did a pretty good job as well. I just don't think he's really relevant to a lot of fans since all his "big"movies are 10+ years old.

Originally Posted by KOBEDABEST24

Can't wait for next weeks Raw. money Floyd is back on wwe
While I too am looking forward to PBF on Raw next week, let's not forget how awful some of his segments were leading up to WrestleMania lastyear.

I wonder if the TNA was on Mondays would the WWE shape up, because I feel that they have gotten comfortable ever since they bought of WCW and they are the only show on mondays.

Why put Khali and Kane when you could establish a couple superstars on that night with the Tag and U.S titles alone. I feel that the WWE needs to use these young athletes.

U.S. Title

Tag TItle

IC Title
Mysterio vs Ziggler

Heavy Weight Title

Divas Title
Place in all the Divas leading to the unification of the title in a Royal Rumble Esq match but surround the ring with water and have them dumped in the water and last one standing is the champ.

WWE Title

ECW Title

End it all with Homage to the Undertaker with the Gong and the Arena going black and a timer, Or have his Symbol drop from the rafters with the druids coming out

There is nothing worthwhile for Chavo in the WWE. He should be released ASAP.

I don't think the WWE views TNA as a serious threat. Now if UFC were to put some type of programming on Monday nights, then it might get interesting. Iknow what my primary focus would be on.

Having Khali vs Kane shows just how backwards the WWE's overall direction is. Vince wonders why he can't create new stars? It's because jobberslike these two get PPV time while guys like MVP, Swagger, Bourne, Shelton, Ryder, etc etc etc sit on the sidelines.

I don't like your Summerslam card. Way too many multi-person matches. Second, as much as you hate HHH, he has to be on the card. Third, the scenario youdescribed with the Undertaker has been done too many times. It's boring at this point. My card would be:

Intercontinental Title
Rey Mysterio (c) vs Dolph Ziggler

MVP vs Jack Swagger

United States Title
Kofi Kingston (c) vs The Miz

Divas Title Match
Mickie James (c) vs Gail Kim (if Kim isn't fired after last night)

ECW Title
Christian (c) vs William Regal vs Tommy Dreamer

Shelton Benjamin vs Zack Ryder

Tag Team Title Match
Chris Jericho/Big Show (c) vs DX

World Title
Jeff Hardy (c) vs CM Punk - TLC Match

WWE Title
Randy Orton (c) vs John Cena

I know 9 matches is a lot, but if the WWE were to do away with all the stupid video segments they show every PPV, they should have no problem getting the cardin.

Back
Top Bottom