WWE Survivor Series PPV 11/22 - Cena vs HHH vs HBK | Undertaker vs Jericho vs Big Show (p11)

I'm going to make a serious effort this week to get into tonight's show. We're only six days away from Survivor Series, the third/fourth biggestshow of the year, so I feel I need to suck it up and get excited for what the WWE has to offer. Tonight's Raw is taking place at Madison Square Garden inNew York which almost always means it will be a good show. The building is legitimately sold out which is a first in a while for Raw. It should be a hotcrowd all night which will add to the quality of the show.

Hot Rod Rowdy Roddy Piper is hosting tonight. I have mixed feelings about this. I have no doubt that Piper will be great, but this is New York City, and Iwould think they could sign a legitimate big name celebrity for tonight's show. On the other hand, Piper actually knows the WWE. He can be a moreintegral part of the show, instead of just coming out at the beginning to make a match for Kofi Johnson at Summerfest. I hope Piper has a bigger role than thenormal guest host formula.

The main event tonight is arguably the biggest mixed tag match you could have on Raw - DX vs Jerishow vs Cena/Undertaker. There was no explanation as to whyThe Undertaker is appearing on Raw. I guess that clever GM last week, Ricky Hatton, made a one night deal with Teddy Long to have The Undertaker ontonight's show. Love the brand extensions. Anyway, anytime you have The Undertaker involved, you know it's a big deal. This match of course leads tothe dual triple threat main event title matches at Survivor Series of Cena (c) vs HHH vs HBK and Undertaker (c) vs Jericho vs Big Show. I would be surprisedif the champions didn't go over tonight, but when DX is involved, all bets are off. I just hope this isn't one of those main events that they start at11:01pm.

Speaking of Kofi Johnson Kingston, he has really been elevated in the past few weeks in a legitimate feudwith the WWE's top heel, Randy Orton. Kofi has been great so far and really stepped up in the role. With the WWE in such dire need of new stars, you haveto hope that the push is sincere, and not just a one month thing to get a match on the card for Survivor Series. Team Kofi is comprised of MVP, Mark Henry, RTruth, and Christian, while Team Orton is comprised of Ted Dibiase, Cody Rhodes, CM Punk, and William Regal. Nothing has been announced for tonight, but Iwould expect some mix of these 10 men being involved in some type of match tonight. One side note, the WWE is really wasting CM Punk right now. He jobbed outto The Undertaker which was the wrong move. He never got his revenge. He had some backstage issues. And now the top Smackdown heel is delegated to feudingwith R Truth? Give me a break. Survivor Series should have been the night where Punk went over Taker clean in the middle of the ring. Once again we see thereason the WWE can't establish new stars. The Undertaker deserves just as much blame as we often heap on HHH.

The Miz and John Morrison once again reignite their feud on Sunday as their teams (Team Miz - Jack Swagger, Sheamus, Dolph Ziggler, Drew McIntyre and TeamMorrison - Shelton Benjamin, Evan Bourne, Matt Hardy, Finlay) face off in a traditional Survivor Series match. This match feels really just thrown togetherfor no reason to me. Jack Swagger was onto something good when he inexplicably jobbed to Evan Bourne last week for the sole reason of giving Bourne a spot inthis match. I haven't watched ECW in a while, but I thought Shelton was a heel. Matt Hardy and Finlay bore me. Ziggler was feuding with Morrison, but Iguess here he matches up with Hardy. And since they're both Irish, I guess Sheamus goes with Finlay. Brining Sheamus to Raw was a huge mistake, just asit was with Bourne. Again, they could have gotten these guys over big in ECW, but instead they move to Raw too soon where they will be nothing but glorifiedjobbers.

Finally the Divas. Team Mickie - Eve Torres, Gail Kim, Kelly Kelly, Melina takes on Team Michelle - Jillian Hall, Layla, Beth Phoenix, Alicia Fox. I'msure they'll have some type of match in kilts or something tonight. Hopefully it's kept short tonight and short at Survivor Series.

If DSK doesn't update news and notes, I'll try to post some later today.

I will be at MSG tonight for Raw (and i remember a few other NTers said they are going as well). I'm excited for the Main Event and interested to see howthey will tie everything together for the ppv as this is the last raw before SS.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

The Undertaker deserves just as much blame as we often heap on HHH.
Not at all.

Contrary to some reports, it's not Taker's fault that Punk got the strap taken off of him...
There is no truth to rumors indicating that CM Punk was stripped of the World Heavyweight Championship due to a "dress code" violation on WWE's European tour. There is no "dress code" in WWE and workers are not told to dress a certain way.

CM Punk has his fair share of detractors backstage which could have gotten the rumors started. WWE management is still high up on CM Punk.

From what I've been told, there have been plans to get the World Heavyweight Championship back on Undertaker since his return, and the decision was finalized on Sunday.

-- The CM Punk stories were way overblown and were spread around by some severely jaded people. Punk isn't very popular at all amongst quite a few people in the locker room, mostly because they feel like he thinks "he's better than everyone else" and doesn't really socialize after shows with the rest of the roster, so there's been some resentment towards him for being in the main event position he is. The plan for weeks was for Punk to drop the title to the Undertaker, and despite many not agreeing with the decision, it had nothing to do with anything on the European tour.
WWE did exactly what they wanted to do with Punk. He's accomplished now...3 time World Heavyweight champion and had a successful turn as aheel on Smackdown. I would have liked to see him had a longer reign with the belt (they should have never let Hardy have a 1 month reign...just kept it on Punkthe entire time)...but that didn't happen. Regardless, Punk is now established with his feuds vs. Hardy and Undertaker.

You gotta remember that Taker was asked by Vince personally to come back early and agreed to do it for the good of the company...he didn't have to comeback yet. He got the strap put on him as a reward and because it was the Hell in the Cell PPV...which I have no problem with. Last time he held the belt waswhen he won it vs. Edge at Wrestlemania 24...and he only held it for a month before they took it off of him. He's the complete opposite of HHH...

smh.gif
@ me again forgetting N&N...terrible on my part. I'll get it done in a few (for sure this time
laugh.gif
).

Good to see Hot Rod on Raw again..dude has had some rough couple of years..on a side note, CM Punks own worst enemy is CM Punk...

Angel

Originally Posted by DSK aka iLLoQuent

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

The Undertaker deserves just as much blame as we often heap on HHH.
Not at all.

Contrary to some reports, it's not Taker's fault that Punk got the strap taken off of him...
There is no truth to rumors indicating that CM Punk was stripped of the World Heavyweight Championship due to a "dress code" violation on WWE's European tour. There is no "dress code" in WWE and workers are not told to dress a certain way.

CM Punk has his fair share of detractors backstage which could have gotten the rumors started. WWE management is still high up on CM Punk.

From what I've been told, there have been plans to get the World Heavyweight Championship back on Undertaker since his return, and the decision was finalized on Sunday.

-- The CM Punk stories were way overblown and were spread around by some severely jaded people. Punk isn't very popular at all amongst quite a few people in the locker room, mostly because they feel like he thinks "he's better than everyone else" and doesn't really socialize after shows with the rest of the roster, so there's been some resentment towards him for being in the main event position he is. The plan for weeks was for Punk to drop the title to the Undertaker, and despite many not agreeing with the decision, it had nothing to do with anything on the European tour.
WWE did exactly what they wanted to do with Punk. He's accomplished now...3 time World Heavyweight champion and had a successful turn as a heel on Smackdown. I would have liked to see him had a longer reign with the belt (they should have never let Hardy have a 1 month reign...just kept it on Punk the entire time)...but that didn't happen. Regardless, Punk is now established with his feuds vs. Hardy and Undertaker.

You gotta remember that Taker was asked by Vince personally to come back early and agreed to do it for the good of the company...he didn't have to come back yet. He got the strap put on him as a reward and because it was the Hell in the Cell PPV...which I have no problem with. Last time he held the belt was when he won it vs. Edge at Wrestlemania 24...and he only held it for a month before they took it off of him. He's the complete opposite of HHH...

smh.gif
@ me again forgetting N&N...terrible on my part. I'll get it done in a few (for sure this time
laugh.gif
).

But the fact of the matter is The Undertaker could have stepped up and done what is right for business. What kind of reward is winning the WorldTitle? An increased workload. That's exactly the opposite of what The Undertaker needs. Plus, the title does nothing to elevate Taker in anyway. He isalready firmly established as the biggest star in the WWE. He should have told the powers that be that the right thing for him and business was for Punk tokeep the title.

I am also going tonight, Im leaving CT in 15 minutes. Ill post a review tomorrow night.

Wow...quite a few NTers gonna be there tonight. Nice, I'll be there also..first WWE event I'm going to.

I'll just post the last one I came across again since I don't think anyone really noticed it in the last thread.
laugh.gif

The Rock guest hosting RAW CONFIRMED.
According to Dave Meltzer, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is expected to be hosting RAW during the month of January. Johnson will be able to promote his upcoming movie "Tooth Fairy" which opens on 1/22. It is possible that Johnson will be appear on the 1/11 edition of RAW which goes head-to-head with a UFC special. Another option is for him to appear on 1/4 in the event that TNA airs a Monday night special against RAW with the debut of Hulk Hogan.

I was offered a ticket for Raw tonight, a few of my friends are actually going. I wasn't down for $100 for the ticket though.

WWE officially announced a new deal with the USA Network which would keep Raw on through September of 2014. The current deal was to expire this coming Septemer. No terms were announced for the renewal.

WWE confirmed that Jesse Ventura would be co-hosting a three-hour Thanksgiving themed episode of Raw that will air on 11/23 from Hershey, PA. Ventura will be doing the show to promote his new TV show, "Conspiracy Theory," that debuts on 12/2 on truTV.

I got tickets for tonight and I'm stuck on the train coming from jersey..what time does the show kick off? Cuz my tickets say 8:15

yea i read its like an old school setup. Id be pissed if i was there with no titontron. And i cant wait to see the rock on raw. Id book him the entire month ofjanuary and just let him foley plug his movie every 5 min.

Can't wait to see what things look like tonight. Don't forget we have the new opening for tonight's show.

Back
Top Bottom