XBOX 360 REPAIR? **UPDATE 5/2**

so my xbox hasn't been working for the past couple weeks. when I turn it on it'll jus start up for only a few seconds and then freeze. I havnt seen anyred rings tho. where can I get it fixed?

***UPDATE 5/2***
edit: so the xbox was connected to my big tv downstairs, and earlier today I picked it up to get it ready to ship to Microsoft, and I decided to experimentwith it a little, so I connected it to the tv in my room and now it works perfectly. I don't know why its workin on my tv and not tha one downstairs.should I still send it in for repair?

on the xbox webiste xbox.com. .........you have to make a windows live id account and then you can request a repair for it........its free if you have thethree flashing red lights.....if not then you have to pay

Originally Posted by reazson

broke just in time for GTAIV, huh? you must be heated

laugh.gif
yea, the funny part is that when GTA San Andreas came out, thesame thing happened. my PS2 wasn't working so I had to send that in for repair, but I still bought the game, so I had it for like 2-3 weeks without beingable to play it. I would just stare at the cover and be like "I cant wait till I get to play this"

and how much does it cost to get it repaired from Microsoft? is it free?

yooo same thing happened to me, a friends, and my co workers husband. we both have one of the early 20 gigs and when we both tried to get on COD4 we DLed thatlil update from a week back and it started to freeze and eventually we all got the red lights. I personally think microsfot is all behind this just gettin usto send them in for whatever reason.

Currently we are all waiting to get them back from microsoft.

About a month. I got the 3 rings of death on March 30, and i got my xbox back yesterday. Not that bad of a wait.

Recently, I've had friends having their 360s repaired in about 2 weeks.
Either it be replaced or repaired, mine took about 2 1/2 weeks.

yea mines broke the day I bought Halo 3, only got to play it for like 2 hours...havent worked since, but I really didnt care cuz Im not into games that muchanymore...

but GTA got me hype, so I plan on finally checking into getting it repaired tomorrow...

if you bought your xbox within a year ago call microsoft they will repair it for free
if you bought it over a year ago, call microsoft and check how much it will cost to fix, then go to gamestop and ask there

^ I don't know tho its weird. I know the tv wouldn't cause it to freeze, but why would it work on one tv and not the other? I'll see what happenstho, tomorrow I'm gonna try to put it back on the other tv to see if it freezes again. I hope its fine so that I can avoid waiting a whole month to get itrepaired, especially since GTA IV is out now, I'm dying to get it

i just sent my 360 in for repairs today to microsoft... i did not have 3 red lights and i still did not have to pay when i was emailed my confirmation receipt.came back at a 0.00 balance owed and a few days later my empty white ups box showed up with a prepaid shipping label. dropped it off at my local ups store thisafternoon as a matter of fact.

I thought it was a lifetime warranty for the 360 because of all the recalls. Unless my boy told me the wrong info.

^ I don't think so, I never heard of that

I'm gonna try to put it back on tha other tv a little later to see if it'll still freeze, if it works then I'ma just keep it cuz I'm tryin toget GTAIV this weekend

Back
Top Bottom