Xbox 360 users in the country (online play?)

I'm about to purchase a 360 this weekend. I was wondering if any of you 360 users are able to access Xbox Live here in the country? Not sure if Microsoftsupports online play here in the PI.

anyone else?
frown.gif

yes, xbox live works here in the philippines. are you purchasing a modified console?

yes, xbox live works here in the philippines. are you purchasing a modified console?

lol @ 3 replies
laugh.gif
yuku ftl

yeah, i'm purchasing a US version 'modified' console. The asian version was like P5,000 more. I've heard stories about Live members beingbanned for using a modified console .. any truth to that?

Xbox Live generally works here in the Philippines, however some D/L contents are region locked to the US, so is netflix.

Do not buy a modified 360 to use mainly for online gaming as your account will be banned by Microsoft. They do their banning by batches, you may end up beingable to play for a months without being banned, some get banned almost immediately.

yes you can play on xbox live here in the philippines. modified xboxes have the risk of getting banned, or so ive heard. i was able to play online for twomonths on my modded xbox with pirated games with no problem. i havent been online in awhile so i dont know if my account is banned yet
laugh.gif

my apologies for the triple post...

i have worked for the xbox support team a few months back before i requested for a transfer.

some tips:
1. do not use an intercooler
2. keep your console in a well ventilated spot or else... you get the ring of death.
3. you can still play online games though you have a modified console. you just need to buy something they call---stealth. so that microsoft wont detect thatyou have a modified console. they have it in greenhills.
4. if you get a modified console, they will increase the voltage of the exhaust fan from 3v to 12v for better ventilation.
5. make sure that your console is well-ventilated when playing. place it on a small table, i suggest. never inside your entertainment system cabinet.

just pm me if you have other concerns. we have the entire xbox 360 hw at our disposal. =)

Originally Posted by richong

my apologies for the triple post...

i have worked for the xbox support team a few months back before i requested for a transfer.

some tips:
1. do not use an intercooler
2. keep your console in a well ventilated spot or else... you get the ring of death.
3. you can still play online games though you have a modified console. you just need to buy something they call---stealth. so that microsoft wont detect that you have a modified console. they have it in greenhills.
4. if you get a modified console, they will increase the voltage of the exhaust fan from 3v to 12v for better ventilation.
5. make sure that your console is well-ventilated when playing. place it on a small table, i suggest. never inside your entertainment system cabinet.

just pm me if you have other concerns. we have the entire xbox 360 hw at our disposal. =)
all good advice bro. thanks! I almost bought the intercooler as well. expect me to flood you with PM's if i got more questions
laugh.gif

be wary of claims of greenhills shops claiming you can never be banned even if the modded console you get has stealth mod.

the only tip i give to prevent 3rl is to let your system cool down about 15 mins everytime after playing 5 plus hours continuously.

go to pinoyxbox.com and read up as well, you can get cheap 2nd hand original games as well from members of the site

Back
Top Bottom