Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Sea of Thieves

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Southpark 2

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Kingdom Hearts 3

Votes: 10 10.1%

• Total voters
You have the right mindset, not dying is more important than getting a ton of kills, especially in Halo where the score limit is lower compared to other shooters. Getting 20 kills doesn't do a lot of good if you die 15 times in the process Imo.

The best way to get better is by watching film, watching great players film to see what they do and more importantly watching your own film to see all the mistakes you make.

In terms of working on your shot, whenever forge drops for H5 someone will make an Octagon gametype, I'd advise you find someone to play that with.

You can YouTube Halo 3 or Halo Reach Octagon to see how the gametype plays. I would just turn the nades and sniper off. Improving your shot is really just a matter of playing, only thing you can really do. Try to set up some ffas with people

Hope this helps breh.

Shot is all natural, you either got it or you don't. So RIP

But just play FFA a lot. You learn more how to defend yourself there than in other playlists, imo. Having multiple guys coming at you at once, pause.

I would add that the ability to anticipate other people's moves/routes and just putting shots on people (not necessarily killing them) can contribute to your value.

Regarding "anticipation" - I usually think about how my opponent will attempt to escape if caught off guard and either stop them with them a well placed grenade or cut them off on their new "route".

As for the second point, if you see someone across the map just shoot them, that one shot can help your teammate across the map if they run into them.

Last edited:

But just play FFA a lot. You learn more how to defend yourself there than in other playlists, imo. Having multiple guys coming at you at once, pause.
I concur. I actually hated Octagon I would only play it as a warm up. Hated when people had serious Octagon games.... Like seriously.
I much preferred FFA it was a more accurate game environment, but just wanted to present the option.
You have the right mindset, not dying is more important than getting a ton of kills, especially in Halo where the score limit is lower compared to other shooters. Getting 20 kills doesn't do a lot of good if you die 15 times in the process Imo.

The best way to get better is by watching film, watching great players film to see what they do and more importantly watching your own film to see all the mistakes you make.

In terms of working on your shot, whenever forge drops for H5 someone will make an Octagon gametype, I'd advise you find someone to play that with.

You can YouTube Halo 3 or Halo Reach Octagon to see how the gametype plays. I would just turn the nades and sniper off. Improving your shot is really just a matter of playing, only thing you can really do. Try to set up some ffas with people

Hope this helps breh.

I would add that the ability to anticipate other people's moves/routes and just putting shots on people (not necessarily killing them) can contribute to your value.

Regarding "anticipation" - I usually think about how my opponent will attempt to escape if caught off guard and either stop them with them a well placed grenade or cut them off on their new "route".

As for the second point, if you see someone across the map just shoot them, that one shot can help your teammate across the map if they run into them.
Yup. I didn't want to give the long winded explanation but that's a huge part of watching film. Map movement and awareness are the main reason I watched film

Last edited:
I concur. I actually hated Octagon I would only play it as a warm up. Hated when people had serious Octagon games.... Like seriously.

People would actually care who won those things? :lol:

We only did that when someone would say "Man my BR ****s on yours. See me in the Octagon." We'd all :rofl: :rofl: and watch

Man that octagon map is straight cheese though.

I remember Neighbor battling someone back in the day on it and then the sniper spawn cheese went down after he got a kill :smh:

Dude had like 4 straight snipe headshots back to back because he knew the exact spot they were going to spawn.

Yes it does help your BR, but when playing team slayer or team type for everything a good player hardly or tries to avoid getting into 1v1 BR battles.

Put shots into the opponents and just call out that they are weak and their location.

A big noob mistake with Halo is pushing to much or trying to take on multiple enemies at once without a power weapon or power up.

Just stay with your team, hold down your side, push... as a team, put shots into opponents, do call outs, plan for the power weapons and control the map/spawns.

I'm speaking from a Halo 3 perspective though.

Just imagine seeing dude in the Gym hitting the punching bag with all that.

I used to get weird looks when people saw me shadowboxing when I was training for my fight. I can't even imagine what looks he'd get for doing all that. Then they ask him "what are you doing?" and he'd reply "Doing Tekken moves. Video game stuff."

It's the same thing that happened to Anime watchers when everyone started running through the High School halls like they were Naruto or some ****.
roll.gif
Hwrong's(not gonna pretend I know how to spell it) fighting style is taekwondo.

Therefore, he could say "I'm getting my jet li on."

Adderall will have your shot be amazing though :nerd:

I don't mess with the that, but it makes noobs into pros for sure :lol:

Man me and my buddy were good at Black Ops 2 to begin with. We'd have Saturdays where we would take adderall to drink and game all day on split screen and it would just be a massacre. Every time we played Hijacked or Nuketown we'd go 80 and 10. Sometimes in the 90's and 100's for Kills on Nuketown. Would go on like 20 game win streaks.

Last edited:
Man that octagon map is straight cheese though.

I remember Neighbor battling someone back in the day on it and then the sniper spawn cheese went down after he got a kill :smh:

Dude had like 4 straight snipe headshots back to back because he knew the exact spot they were going to spawn.

Yes it does help your BR, but when playing team slayer or team type for everything a good player hardly or tries to avoid getting into 1v1 BR battles.

Put shots into the opponents and just call out that they are weak and their location.

A big noob mistake with Halo is pushing to much or trying to take on multiple enemies at once without a power weapon or power up.

Just stay with your team, hold down your side, push... as a team, put shots into opponents, do call outs, plan for the power weapons and control the map/spawns.

I'm speaking from a Halo 3 perspective though.

Yeah but dude is asking about how to improve his shot.. I'm not saying he has to have a perfect 4 shot and win every 1 on 1 BR battle, but Octagon will help with your overall aim. It's constant repetition of having to hit someone with your shots. You get used to Strafe, jumping, leading your shots, etc.

Man me and my buddy were good at Black Ops 2 to begin with. We'd have Saturdays where we would take adderall to drink and game all day on split screen and it would just be a massacre. Every time we played Hijacked or Nuketown we'd go 80 and 10. Sometimes in the 90's and 100's for Kills on Nuketown. Would go on like 20 game win streaks.

See! Just go find some Adderall and you will improve in halo or any game by 10x. Go flourish :pimp:

I just read a few months ago that some polish kids who were competitive gamers in the ESL or whatever its called, admitted to using adderall. And then they banned it :lol:

ESPN tweeted and article about it.

Last edited:
:wow: :x

Anyone know if any of the eSports Pros are on this? :nerd:

Pretty much all the halo pros are on it, except maybe a couple lol. In COD, I know they do as well. Adderall is basically steroids for gaming, your reaction time is just insane on it. It's not going to make you into a pro, but way better than you normally were :lol:. It effects everyone differently though, some people feet TOO anxious on it, and play worse, even if they aren't missing.

Team Xbox will begin the rollout of the New Xbox One Experience after 3:01am ET/ 12:01am PT November 12th.

Not everyone is going to get it at the same time. Depending on the time zone you are in, as well your Xbox One console settings, you may get the New Xbox One Experience at a different time than your friends.

Regardless of when you receive the New Xbox One Experience system update, the Xbox One Backward Compatibility feature will begin rolling out starting at 3:01pm/12:01 PM (noon) PT on November 12th. To start playing your Xbox 360 games on Xbox One after this time, refresh your Game Collection to see your pre-purchased, digital Xbox 360 titles from the Backward Compatible title list in your ready to install queue or simply insert the disc for a supported Xbox 360 title and download the game to start playing it on Xbox One.

Global Rollout Of The New Xbox One Experience On Nov 12

TL:dr: NXOE starts rolling out after 3:01am ET/ 12:01am PT November 12th. Back Compat titles will be playable or start to appear in your collection (for digital purchases) after 3:01pm /12:01 pm (Noon) PT on Thursday

As we prepare for Thursday’s launch of the New Xbox One Experience, I want to share some details on what to expect and when. We will begin the global rollout of the New Xbox One Experience after 3:01am ET/ 12:01am PT November 12th. It’s important to note that not everyone will get the update at once, as it will be deploying globally to the Xbox One audience. As with all Xbox One system updates, here are a few things to keep in mind:

HOW TO GET THE NEW XBOX ONE EXPERIENCE?

If you use the Instant-on power mode (available via Settings – Power & startup), your Xbox One will take the update in the background when you put your console into Connected Standby mode. As this is a global rolling launch, consoles in Connected Standby will be updated at various times throughout the day based on your time zone.

If your console is in Energy-saving mode, your Xbox One will not automatically download and install the update. To initiate the download and update process, you can go to Settings – System to manually check if an update is available and choose “Update Now”.

Note that all Xbox One consoles will receive a prompt for a mandatory update on November 23rd if they have not yet updated to the New Xbox One Experience.

WHEN WILL YOU GET IT?

Team Xbox will begin the rollout of the New Xbox One Experience after 3:01am ET/ 12:01am PT November 12th.

Not everyone is going to get it at the same time. Depending on the time zone you are in, as well your Xbox One console settings, you may get the New Xbox One Experience at a different time than your friends.

Regardless of when you receive the New Xbox One Experience system update, the Xbox One Backward Compatibility feature will begin rolling out starting at 3:01pm/12:01 PM (noon) PT on November 12th. To start playing your Xbox 360 games on Xbox One after this time, refresh your Game Collection to see your pre-purchased, digital Xbox 360 titles from the Backward Compatible title list in your ready to install queue or simply insert the disc for a supported Xbox 360 title and download the game to start playing it on Xbox One.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom