Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Southpark 2

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Kingdom Hearts 3

Votes: 10 10.1%

• Total voters
was gta4 better than I remember? I never got around to finishing it back then

I think GTA4 gets somewhat of a low rep now, by being unfairly compared to GTAV
At the time it dropped, in my opinion, it was as mind blowing a leap to next-gem levels of detail as all the other GTAs
The rich NYC atmosphere was spectacular, and the mechanics were much improved from previous iterations
Also, by most accounts, the DLC stories were the pinnacle of the franchise

With that said, I think there definitely were some things that held GTA4 back from being a timeless classic:
- There were at least two major story moments in which the player was forced to make a really stupid action, even though the bad consequence was unbelievably obvious. This was super irritating to me, and definitely took away from the "serious" story Rockstar was trying to tell
- GTA4 was an incredible jump in technology, but it was also sandwiched by the two San Andreas games, both of which specialized in side-mission/side activity stuff. So by comparison, GTA4 was pretty light on non-story stuff to do (few clothes, few car customizations, few properties etc.)
- Lastly, I can't speak for everybody, cuz I thought Niko was awesome, but I think a lot of people just didn't like the "immigrant story" character

Last edited:
was gta4 better than I remember? I never got around to finishing it back then
Gta4 is one of the best games i've ever played. However, the gameplay doesn't hold up.
This is how you know it wasn't that good.
Almost no custimazation
can't hook up vehicles(you could do all that in previous games, not even bring up 5)
Stretched out story was just daunting, really had to force myself to beat it(DLC was good tho, biker one anyway)
Very small map
Not really anything extra to do. Bowling? Lol k
The friend system was pointless and they wouldn't stop calling you

It just wasn't that good

Destiny 2 looks like an expansion rather than a real sequel

Normally i think you be hating :lol: but gotta agree. Not getting my hopes up. Probably still cop tho :smh:
tenor.gif

Lemme farm for this gun that I'll get and use for three games and go back to the gun I was using prior to that.

Hold on lemme get my squad together for this raid against the computer AI... let's get this fam.

Have you completed the raids? AI or not they are fun to play with friends

GTA 4 was an experiment game of multiple characters they hit it on the nail in 5. They game wasn't that good IMO I heard Ballard of Gay Tony was dope tho

Finally completed RotTR.  Not a bad game, but seemed more of the same and didn't have that origins/discovery appeal that I liked from from the reboot.  Hopefully Shadow of the Tomb Raider makes up for it.

I'll say a strong 7/10, light 8.

GTA4 sucked and was the downfall of the franchise.

1 main reason...the driving mechanics in 4 was awful.

Most of the game you whipping it and they change that function :smh:

San Andreas>Vice City>5>3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Halo: Reach with bloom> Super House painter 4>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GTA4.

I don't agree that gta4 was trash but it is the weakest since San Andreas. I also constantly go back and fourth about which game I like more San Andreas or vice city. That 80s Miami coked out vibrant life with the music is mad [emoji]127754[/emoji][emoji]127754[/emoji] but San Andreas had EVERYTHING I wanted in a video game.

Dudes defending a game that was known to be trash at its release so much so that the developers would have probably done things differently...

I don't agree that gta4 was trash but it is the weakest since San Andreas. I also constantly go back and fourth about which game I like more San Andreas or vice city. That 80s Miami coked out vibrant life with the music is mad [emoji]127754[/emoji][emoji]127754[/emoji] but San Andreas had EVERYTHING I wanted in a video game.
This.  Vice City over San Andreas too. 

The gameplay/story in SA takes a huge dip after you leave Los Santos.

Biggest disappointment of the last two GTA's for me is that Rockstar has seemingly abandoned the "time period" feature
That was a big part of what made Vice City my personal favorite, but also San Andreas had that nice early 90's thing going too
Lame that 4 and 5 have just been contemporary settings

Wheres my 70's era Liberty City
My 90's Vice City 2
My early 80's San Andreas
Or maybe even like a late 60's Detroit/Chicago type setting, although I guess those racial/social issues were kinda done in Mafia 3

Last edited:
DAMN. DESTINY 2 LOOKING GOOD.
laugh.gif
Haven't played Destiny since a month or 2 after the Taken King came out but I got countless hours of enjoyment out of Destiny 1 so I'm looking forward to this sequel. Destiny 1 has its issues but I really enjoyed it for quite a long time. Multiplayer was always fun to me.

Last edited:
I know you bums not slandering Destiny.

The most lucrative game on both consoles.

3+ year life span. No game this gen can lay claim to that...only Halo 3... and 2 years for BLOPS2, and MW2.

Still is in the top 5 for both system as most played game.

Every other major game has came and went...yes even my beloved Halo :smh:

The game must be doing something right to still be so popular and loved by many.

Also, Halo 5 is actually good once you get used to the movement.

Back
Top Bottom