Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Sea of Thieves

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Southpark 2

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Kingdom Hearts 3

Votes: 10 10.1%

• Total voters
Sports games don't hold their prices, I think the past 5 years NBA 2k is 30$ by Black Friday like 3 weeks after release, no point in buying it first day imo

I rather sell or trade em, unless the digital price is extremely good like I got mvc3 for 15 and battlefront ue for 20$

until you hear some dude griping about getting 16 cents for dead rising 3, and noting for Ryse: Son of Rome. :rofl:

:lol: who was that?

every once in a while a random will come in here crying about how shady gamestop is.

They got offered $2.18 for some 4 year old game

I am also in the game share digital only camp.

$30 per game is :pimp:
Speaking of, I think I need to start lookin for a new person to share. My brother's been leeching since last 2k

Would Be Posted by nawghtyhare  

How I converted/traded $97.87 worth of Walmart games into $482.98 Gamestop Store Credit towards an Xbox One X (self.xboxone)

tl;dr  I ended up buying 6 games from Walmart for $97, traded them into GameStop, used that credit towards buy 2 get 1 free, and then traded those back in, bought those 6 again at another location, traded them back in once more, and ended up with $482.98 worth of store credit I'll be using towards an Xbox One X. That, along with the inevitable console trade in deal, has me more than ready for Xbox One X :smile:

US/GUAM ONLY

GAMESTOPS BUY 2 GET 1 PREOWNED DEAL RUNS THROUGH July 4th, 2017

GAMESTOPS 60% TRADE CREDIT WHEN TRADING 6 GAMES RUNS THROUGH July 9th, 2017

Step 1: Walmart

Walmart has essentially clearanced these games before GameStop has dropped the trade in value basically.

• Bought Plants vs Zombies 2 on both Xbox One and PS4  for $19.93

• Need For Speed PS4  $15.84 (ONLY buy the PS4 version. The Xbox One Version does not have the same trade value)

• Need for Speed Rivals PS4  $15.84 (ONLY buy the PS4 version. The Xbox One Version does not have the same trade value)

• Amazing Spiderman 2 Xbox One and PS4  $19.93
2 Receipts because I couldn't find the XB1 versions until after I purchased the PS4 versions (The Xbox One versions were in a bargain bin, instead of on the rack)

Walmart Receipt 1

Walmart Receipt 2

Step 2A: GameStop

Go to GameStop and ask to buy the $15 Pro membership.

This allows you to trade each game in at the original trade value PLUS an additional 70% each

GameStop Receipt Original Trade

GameStop Original Trade portion 2

STEP 2B: GameStop

I used the credit I received from trading in the Walmart games to use GameStop's Buy 2get1 Preowned promotion. Again, using the lowest cost/best buy back method earlier I bought:

• Mario Party 10 ($49)

• Zelda Breath of Wild ($49)

• Pokémon Heart Gold (Free)

• Zelda Link Between Us ($39)

• Zelda Majora's Mask ($39)

• Pokémon Sun (Free)
Edit: Another Redditor has supplied Additional Games  that work. As always, YMMV and be sure to check trade in prices.

Step 3: GameStop Trade Back  Some people have said they have had success trading these immediately back in to the same GameStop. Personally, I did not want to raise any red flags, so I drove ~10 minutes across town to another GameStop and told them I wanted to trade in games.

Again, this follows the 70% trade in promotion as mentioned earlier. After trading each of these back in + 70% each, the total value came out to be $289.

GameStop Trade Back

Repeat step 2-3 Once More

This morning I decided to do this again. I went to a GameStop and bought those same games mentioned earlier (Mario Party 10, Pokemon Heart Gold, ect..) using the $360 store credit. I drove to a 3rd GameStop (literally 8 minutes, 3 miles away. Crazy.) and traded them in again. My final receipt shows $482.98 on my store credit card. This, along with the inevitable $100-$150 Xbox One trade in credit towards a new console, puts me exactly where I want to be. Plenty of room to buy the One X and have money left over to buy Xbox gift cards from Gamestop.com so I can buy digital games :smile:

Going to GameStop to do this again

Final GameStop receipt

It sounds...sketchy? shady? screwing over GameStop? But someone mentioned something similar on their Facebook page and their reply was "enjoy the deal". So they know about it.

FAQ

Do I have remove the plastic of the Walmart games before trading them into GameStop?

Yes

Can I use the same GameStop Repeatedly

YMMV. Some have had success, some have been told no. My advice? Don't raise any unnecessary red flags.

Can I trade in the same game twice?

You CAN trade in the same game twice (Plants Vs. Zombies 2 example) BUT they have to be on different systems. Again, YMMV, but some have said they have traded in multiple copies of Xbox One or PS4 versions. From talking to the GameStop rep, he said the computer system wont generally allow that.

EDIT

These are just the games I used, but there are others in case your GameStop doesn't have these in stock (as you can see, I used Pokemon Moon on the last transaction run). I have found this list that breaks it further down. As always, treat this as simply a guide and not as the Bible. Go to GameStop  to verify the value is still accurate.

These will be broken up into "tiers". Buy 3 of the same tier for max-value.

USED AT GAMESTOP:

$50 Tier

Switch:

ARMS

MARIO KART 8

Disgaea 5

Zelda BOTW

Wii-U

Mario Party 10

Zelda BOTW

Tekken 7 both PS4/Xbox One

DS

Pokemon Heart Gold

Pokemon Soul Silver

$40

3DS:

Zelda: Majora's Mask

Zelda Link Between Worlds

Pokemon Sun

Pokemon Moon

Smash Bros

Pokemon Platinum

Xenoblade Chronicles 3D

Last edited:
How many people can gameshare at one time? My brother in law wants to, but he started just signing in as me :smh:

Last edited:
I could legit just watch this all the way through. Enjoying this storyline and time period.

SSD[SSD] SanDisk Ultra II 960GB SATA SSD w/$130 Best Buy Gift Card - $269.99 ($399.99-Price Match to Newegg/B&H=$269.99) ONLINE ONLY
  1.  Go to chat link. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/misc/ex...ce/pcmcat345300050032.c?id=pcmcat345300050032
  2. Say you want the " SanDisk Ultra II 960GB SATA SSD" to the price matched with newegg's price. Include newegg link
  3. Don't mention gift card. Let them bring up that you're getting the gift card.
  4. Flourish
Already got mine for $294 with the $130 gift card.

The GC can only be shipped to you, while the SSD can be picked up in-store.

Back
Top Bottom