XFL Returning in 2020

Dude woke up today...

WS.gif

i'm pretty sure that Dallas team used a stock create a team image for their logo
i know i've seen it before. That's pretty pitiful.

The XFL drew 3.3 million viewers for its debut game on ABC on Saturday.

I was expecting the number to be a little higher since it had the ESPN machine behind it. The true test, though, will be viewership numbers for next week now that the novelty has worn off.

When the original XFL debuted in 2001 on a Saturday night on NBC, it drew 14 million viewers.

Apples to oranges but damn..

Eventually the new rules and novelty will wear off and what will keep people coming back is either good play or stars. In my limited watching last weekend I saw neither. In a perfect world this exists like the NBADL but I have a hard time believing it will stick around much longer than a year.

read somewhere that the league has enough money to run for three years with expectations that they lose up to 375M during those years. vince mcmahon unloaded some wwe stock when it was at an all-time high for this venture. guess he really crazy enough and determine to see this thing through the second time around :lol:
end of the day, the football has to be somewhat decent. presence of fox and abc makes the product seem like a big deal. oliver luck seems like a real sound and smart guy and vince been hands off.

Last edited:
Eventually the new rules and novelty will wear off and what will keep people coming back is either good play or stars. In my limited watching last weekend I saw neither. In a perfect world this exists like the NBADL but I have a hard time believing it will stick around much longer than a year.
The new rules actually make sense though. The NFL should truly adopt the XFL's kickoffs ASAP. One foot in bounds is better (and safer) than two. The extra point(s) situation is actually really intriguing.

The salary structure to pay QBs a decent amount of money is interesting. Their ability to get good QBs from big schools that aren't quite good enough to play in the NFL is their key. I was in the Navy Yard in DC last week, and there were TONS of people decked out in Ohio St gear for Cardale. This is their road for having relative "stars". Solid QB play should also lead to decently fun to watch games.

The infrastructure this time around really is good, and miles better than the original iteration of the league.

I loved what I saw last week. Put me down for the LA Wildcats and the STL Battlehawks. "You can't have 2 teams." I will always cheer for #home, but I live an hour and a half from STL and will be taking my son to games if it sticks around long enough for me to make it happen.

"Then you should be a Battlehawks fan."

You should mind ya bid'ness when I'm hypothetically making up what you're saying.

Wow the New York Guardians about to get shut out. It’s clear their QB is pissed off with somebody on the coaching staff. Wonder if we will see another early firing.
the DC Defenders have some nice plays and i love their QB.

cardale jones showcase
might actually land back in the nfl (kinda serious)

up 27-0 and going for a 3-pt conversion :lol:

my gambling friend says XFL unders are free money :ohwell:

anybody else winning like this dude ? i'm bout to really ruin my son's future :rofl: :smokin

Back
Top Bottom