XXL 2013 Freshman Cover

Dom's definitely not local. Dude can do shows across the country and sell tickets.

Sure, he's been lapped by TDE, but he's right there with Nipsey, and Nipsey's got the MMG nod while Dom's got nothing like that going.

He's still more known than half the people on that cover (mind you i said HALF not all or anything) and can probably book more shows than them even though they're on the cover of XXL and he's not.

Dom isnt bigger than YG or Nipsey??? Man yall Cali dudes are weird then cuz Dom is definitely BETTER than both of them dudes. I honestly don't believe that hes not bigger than Nipsey or YG. When Dom comes out with stuff you hear about it. When they drop stuff I dont see it anywhere

Dom is better than YG, but he damn sure isn't lyrically better than Nipsey.

If u heard 1 dom song, you heard them all.

Dom's definitely not local. Dude can do shows across the country and sell tickets.

Sure, he's been lapped by TDE, but he's right there with Nipsey, and Nipsey's got the MMG nod while Dom's got nothing like that going.

He's still more known than half the people on that cover (mind you i said HALF not all or anything) and can probably book more shows than them even though they're on the cover of XXL and he's not.

Dom isn't selling out shows, bro. _ didn't even perform at SXSW

Q and Soul are touring all over the country right now and have major distribution

2 things get you on this cover

1. how hot you currently are
2. Payola

Dom doesn't have either. I don't even think he was on the voting list.

Last edited:
Dom isnt bigger than YG or Nipsey??? Man yall Cali dudes are weird then cuz Dom is definitely BETTER than both of them dudes. I honestly don't believe that hes not bigger than Nipsey or YG. When Dom comes out with stuff you hear about it. When they drop stuff I dont see it anywhere

Dom is better than YG, but he damn sure isn't lyrically better than Nipsey.

If u heard 1 dom song, you heard them all.

Dom isn't selling out shows, bro. _ didn't even perform at SXSW

Q and Soul are touring all over the country right now and have major distribution

2 things get you on this cover

1. how hot you currently are
2. Payola

Dom doesn't have either. I don't even think he was on the voting list.

see how i said HALF? see how i already mentioned him getting lapped by TDE? See how I said "book shows" and "sell tickets" not sell out shows? Is Logic selling out shows? is Travis Scott selling out shows? Is Dizzy Wright selling out shows? Is Angel Haze selling out shows?

I agree that Dom is getting passed by and is in danger of having fans forget about him. BUT he def could be on that list and no one would go "Who is that? He don't deserve to be on there." Because people DO know who he is. He could have used something like this, but I think the time for him to be a part of a freshman class that would be his real contemporaries passed with Q and Soul being on this cover without him.

You can not like him all you want, but that's not what I'm talking about.

Let's not forget how stale Nipsey got after a while, and the fact that he's just now getting some steam again.

Last edited:
No Childish Gambino
mean.gif

Yet KIRKO BANGZ goes....... 
mean.gif
Though i agree Childish Gambino should be on there, he could have been on there the past 2 years, and Kirko has single that seems like it's buzzing pretty good.
kirko bangz but no lil durk?
mean.gif
Kirko has a new single buzzing and is coming off a previous big single, and just has a higher profile than Lil' Durk. Durk can definitely replace 2 or 3 other people on there though. I don't even know who Angel Haze, Dizzy Wright or Travis Scott are.
I wasnt trying to hate on him, it definitely did come off that way so my bad. What I should have said was that hes been around for too long to be considered a Freshman and DEFINITELY has been popping for too long to be considered one. How many bangers has he had up until now? Like 6? Songs that are getting consistent club play to the point where the masses know who Kirko is. Unless I'm misguided in what this list is supposed to be about son shouldnt be there.

yo i was asking the same questions. everybody on instagram was praising the fact that he was on. dude looks like Curren$y and Wiz Khalifas baby if they had one

:lol: I know right :lol:

+

Dom has no notable singles the internet or radio Hip-Hop consumers know about. He not mainstream yet.

Last edited:
TDE is the first team to have all their artist make the cover :pimp:

Logic isn't bad but I don't see why he made the cover, anybody have a backstory on his career thus far?

Dizzy Wright is one of Hopsin's artist (last year's cover) for some of you guys who haven't heard of him. I personally think he's the best out of the Funk Volume camp followed by Jarren Benton (weird dude).

Dom is not bigger than Q and Soul and I'd have a tough time believing he's bigger than Nipsey.
I'm from cali if that matters

Kirko has a new single buzzing and is coming off a previous big single, and just has a higher profile than Lil' Durk. Durk can definitely replace 2 or 3 other people on there though. I don't even know who Angel Haze, Dizzy Wright or Travis Scott are.
I wasnt trying to hate on him, it definitely did come off that way so my bad. What I should have said was that hes been around for too long to be considered a Freshman and DEFINITELY has been popping for too long to be considered one. How many bangers has he had up until now? Like 6? Songs that are getting consistent club play to the point where the masses know who Kirko is. Unless I'm misguided in what this list is supposed to be about son shouldnt be there.

Yeah It's hard for me to look at Kirko as a freshman. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Drank In My Cup his biggest song? That joint came out in 2011. I don't mess with either one of 'em but Gambino should be on there.

Last edited:
I had no idea Logic is white.

I have that new Harry Fraud tape and he has a good track with Kool G Rap. Dude kinda went off.

I had no idea Logic is white.

I have that new Harry Fraud tape and he has a good track with Kool G Rap. Dude kinda went off.

wrong Logic bro, the one on the Harry Fraud tape was Trapzillas (Logic Ali).

but yea Logic half black but he looks white

No way in hell dom kennedy is bigger than yg and nipsey. Maybe locally but in the mid west nobody heard of a damn dom. If it wasnt for nt I wouldn't kno who he is.

Dom is neck to neck with YG and Nipsey, honestly. Sure Dom can go around and do shows but he isn't selling out and it sure isn't any large venue compared to his peers. I don't know who Logic is nor do I care. Same goes for Angel Haze, she definitely has a label backing her though. 

Travi$ Scott is trash too. 

Dom is definitely a bigger artist than Soul and Q.

It's been said that he doesn't want to be on that cover tho.
Dom isn't bigger than Q or Soul

He isn't even bigger than YG or Nipsey.

He isn't in the position to be turning down magazine covers

...and i highly doubt he's turning them down.

His career is going nowhere & he has no payola backing him..that's why he's not on these covers. Don't let him gas you..he's still local.
this.

plus all those artists got XXL fresh man covers.

It seems this particular list is a few years late... Q and Soul should have been last year.. Kirko should have been two years ago... Action should have been last year... But im cool with Joey and Travis Scott.... the others i have no idea who they are.. would have did better with scooter, fat trel, durk or riff Raff...

No way in hell dom kennedy is bigger than yg and nipsey. Maybe locally but in the mid west nobody heard of a damn dom. If it wasnt for nt I wouldn't kno who he is.

not really locally either. All three get plenty of love in LA but in no way is Dom buzzing more than Nip or YG here.

What makes some of you guys think Dom is bigger are as big as Nipsey? Just curious

Dom is definitely a bigger artist than Soul and Q.

It's been said that he doesn't want to be on that cover tho.
Dom isn't bigger than Q or Soul

He isn't even bigger than YG or Nipsey.

He isn't in the position to be turning down magazine covers

...and i highly doubt he's turning them down.

His career is going nowhere & he has no payola backing him..that's why he's not on these covers. Don't let him gas you..he's still local.
Lol he's not local. I'm in the south and people love him here. Obviously they're not gonna be first choice over Fewtch or Scooter or Goochie but people def mess with him.

Y'all only saying he's not hot right now because every year he drops an album for the summer in like June, then he goes into a cave, and might do a tour in the fall or beginning of the year.

The Dom slander in here
mean.gif

I need to say something about Nipsey. Dude was suppose to drop "South Central State of Mind" in December of 2010. What has happened since then? Mixtapes after mixtapes. Dude where is your single? Y'all needa forget about this guy. He's not all what he's hyped up to be, I do wish him the best though..

I need to say something about Nipsey. Dude was suppose to drop "South Central State of Mind" in December of 2010. What has happened since then? Mixtapes after mixtapes. Dude where is your single? Y'all needa forget about this guy. He's not all what he's hyped up to be, I do wish him the best though..

when he hit the freshman cover, his demand was high..so his management started asking for outrageous show money. Think it was 50k

Anyway..no one would book him for that cus he can't fill a venue..can't profit..or even recoup. Ross wanted him to join MMG..but he turned it down.

He's still doin' collabs here and there..he was on the self made album & YG's last mixtape.

Y'all only saying he's not hot right now because every year he drops an album for the summer in like June, then he goes into a cave, and might do a tour in the fall or beginning of the year.​

That's his fault...

I was a dom fan, but son has no diversity. If you heard 1 dom song, you've heard them all.

i wont have this Dom slander, my dude makes consistently good music. And him and Gambino have been rapping for entirely too long to be considered freshman. I mean hell Bino release an album that was in stores in 2011, no way in hell he should be on a freshman list in 2013.

Dom> anybody else on that list not named bad*****, bronson, school boy, absoul,

Hell I'll take chance the rapper over all those dudes not mentioned above.

The rest of them dudes and chick ain't even lukewarm

When y'all gonna give up on Dom? He's probably reached his peak. I could be wrong. I like his music though.

Back
Top Bottom