XXL 2013 Freshman Cover

I need to say something about Nipsey. Dude was suppose to drop "South Central State of Mind" in December of 2010. What has happened since then? Mixtapes after mixtapes. Dude where is your single? Y'all needa forget about this guy. He's not all what he's hyped up to be, I do wish him the best though..
when he hit the freshman cover, his demand was high..so his management started asking for outrageous show money. Think it was 50k

Anyway..no one would book him for that cus he can't fill a venue..can't profit..or even recoup. Ross wanted him to join MMG..but he turned it down.

He's still doin' collabs here and there..he was on the self made album & YG's last mixtape.
Y'all only saying he's not hot right now because every year he drops an album for the summer in like June, then he goes into a cave, and might do a tour in the fall or beginning of the year.​
That's his fault...

I was a dom fan, but son has no diversity. If you heard 1 dom song, you've heard them all.
he's a idiot, he's hit his glass ceiling, he's exactly where meek mill was BEFORE he got on MMG..there's only so much you

can do independently before you need that push, not everyone is gonna have that mac miller/  tech n9ne run.

i stopped checking for him because i feel he's stuck in rut...he's still dope, but i wish he would join

a team so he could start winning some more.

Last edited:
Nipsey would've been nice on MMG... That move would've definitely helped his career.

He did work on Fountain of Youth too.

:lol: @ the Dom shade on here. He's not as big as Q, but he's absolutely bigger than Ab Soul, Nipsey, YG, and Joey.

No he doesn't have one particular hit single people are buzzing about, but he has entire mixtapes people talk about.

I'll say this, I know plenty of people on the east coast and even in the south who F with Dom's music. I don't know ANYBODY who listens to YG or Nipsey like that. When those other dudes drop tapes it goes mostly unnoticed by the masses. When Dom drops a tape everybody takes notice.

The usual NT bias against NT artists. Nothing new here.

Agreed on Nipsey being stuck in a rut. MMG would've been huge for him, and I could've been actually interested in listening to an MMG member not named Ross or Gunplay

:lol: @ the Dom shade on here. He's not as big as Q, but he's absolutely bigger than Ab Soul, Nipsey, YG, and Joey.

No he doesn't have one particular hit single people are buzzing about, but he has entire mixtapes people talk about.

I'll say this, I know plenty of people on the east coast and even in the south who F with Dom's music. I don't know ANYBODY who listens to YG or Nipsey like that. When those other dudes drop tapes it goes mostly unnoticed by the masses. When Dom drops a tape everybody takes notice.

Im dead serious tho. Nipsey has a way bigger fan base then dom in the midwest and soul. YG is debatable people here dont kno who he is either but ****** **** wit nipsey heavy in detroit.

Dom is nonexistent in the midwest and I don't know anybody back home (San Diego) that listens to him like that. Nipsey on the other hand is a different story.

laugh.gif
@ the Dom shade on here. He's not as big as Q, but he's absolutely bigger than Ab Soul, Nipsey, YG, and Joey.

what planet are you from duke?

as far as da freshman cover its OLD NEWS for everyone you said isn't bigger then DOM
laugh.gif

nipsey turning down MMG deals, black hippy's buzz is poppin. and joey bad***** got all da backpackers WET.

Ab is touring all over the country right now.

He has way more youtube views, too.

Btw, dom isn't a "NT artist" he's just a rapper with a NT account. He don't rep NT.

:lol: @ Youtube views.

Since you want to go that route. Dom has more than double the amount of last.fm listeners as Ab Soul :lol:

Dont EVER judge buzz by YouTube numbers. For example look at Logics youtube numbers n then look in this thread n see how many ppl who knew who he was. Theres plenty of rappers that arent buzzing who have big YouTube numbers

People def know who Dom is in the DMV.

Every summer you hear his mix tape pumpin outta 98 honda accords and whatever highschool kids can afford to cop.

People in this area bump Dom's music. I still hear that 1996 song a lot.

Agreed on Nipsey being stuck in a rut. MMG would've been huge for him, and I could've been actually interested in listening to an MMG member not named Ross or Gunplay

Him and Ross really have a good chemistry. Fountain Of Youth and Proud Of That. :pimp:

Last edited:
Just listened to Dizzy Wright...pass
Dude aint bad but he just dont stand out. If I wanna listen to an average rapper ill just listen to Rockie Fresh or something

C
Bmore is not part of the DMV, let's get that correct right damn now
Chill son son it's really not that serious the point is dc Maryland and Virginia know about Dom but I'm sure everybody out side of the area appreciates you for clearing it up. *thumbs up* good job

Back
Top Bottom