Yall talk about Lil' Wayne and Wale way too much...

I liked the video a lot.

This thread took a wild turn.

Point of thread was in no way a dis.

Wassup with the Planet of The Apes doll at the end?

"You sale giftcards?"

Love the video and the song in general. 9th Wonder laced the beat as well.

I think it's funny that the Illmatic cover says "liah."

EOH: Just hit you back, I still have a "I Love Lil' Wayne and Schooling Heads on Niketalk" custom tee shirt left for you
laugh.gif

Seriously I'm not really happy that my tees are dropping around the same time as the SBs being released as I meant to have them out months before butthat's what happens when you don't beat your graphic artists hard enough haha

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Now we're talkin' I'm down for a Bad Brains discussion, ESPECIALLY if you want to talk about homegrown DC area talent (and DC area talent thatsmokes homegrown haha).

Originally Posted by SoleFood06

didnt really like the song when hhg posted it but its grown on me...the video is dope. too be honest the only cover i remember is "paid in full"
thats a damn shame.. lol

So who can name the record covers?

Taste of Honey, Parlament Funkadelic, De La Soul, Beatles, Grace Jones, .... some one pick up the pace.....

Originally Posted by IronMike 44KOs

bad brains are the best thing out of DC, EVER.
simple as that.
too bad they stay here in DC anymore.

Well they left DC pretty early on but the local hardcore scene that they influenced can't be denied. Henry Rollins (well Henry Garfield at the time)was just helping to roadie his friends bands when HR convinced him to be a frontman (which you can either praise or blame HR for depending on your like ordislike of Rollins haha).

I've always been scared of Grace Jones. Especially when I saw the video for "My Jamacian Guy...uh oh. uooo ooo uoh oh oh O O". I used to havenightmares of her drinking the blood of the innocent and stuff like that.

Originally Posted by eddiebauer757

I've always been scared of Grace Jones. Especially when I saw the video for "My Jamacian Guy...uh oh. uooo ooo uoh oh oh O O". I used to have nightmares of her drinking the blood of the innocent and stuff like that.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I need a drink, and water get no enemy.
No doubt ! See you know good music Tommy!

And I'm about to go grab a drink and get my two step on while I grooe to 'He Miss Road' then 'Water No Get Enemy'!

pimp.gif

bad-brains.jpg

Wasn't this the hardcore Rock Group.. I just asked TOWEH about these dudes. There was a Documentary on these guys and how alot of this originated inDC. I was surprised to see and learn this. Alot of White Cats got their sound from these dudes....

I had NO idea..it went from here to NYC to Detroit to Cali up to Seattle and BACK across the COuntry...

Just cause I'm from here doesn't mean I have to like him. Get yaself together and rethink what you just said bamma.

My-T.

Originally Posted by RockDeep

bad-brains.jpg

Wasn't this the hardcore Rock Group.. I just asked TOWEH about these dudes. There was a Documentary on these guys and how alot of this originated in DC. I was surprised to see and learn this. Alot of White Cats got their sound from these dudes....

I had NO idea..it went from here to NYC to Detroit to Cali up to Seattle and BACK across the COuntry...
Not quite, the scenes in LA and DC were happening about the same time with LA in the lead, a lot of the hardcore attitude that entered DC came fromthe DC band The Teen Idles going to California (with Henry Rollins going along with them) and seeing the slam dancing going on at Circle Jerks shows and theybrought that back to DC and also started doing it at NY shows. It's funny that you say the Bad Brains influenced "white cats" (which they did,no argument there) but ironically their first immersion into reggae music was by hearing The Clash (which are...you guessed it..."white cats" HAHA). But yeah if you don't have the Bad Brains 1st 3 albums (up to I Against I, some of the ones after that really aren't worth hearing depending on who youask) you're missing out. Though keep in mind that their lineup has been somewhat unstable (as well as HR the singer being unstable) and eventually thataffected their musical output (they're pretty sharp right now with the exception of HR who likes to stand there and do lame sing-songy vocals which IMObrings everything down). If you want to do more research on the Bad Brains visually when they were in their prime, pick up their Live at CBGBs 1982 DVD, goodstuff!

Tommie when i read your posts I picture the ROCK talking in my head. please call someone a jabroonie, please.

I actually sat and watched a documentary on American hardcore punk rock that was VERY interesting. featured Bad Brains and they spoke very highly of them beingone of the select few bands who contributed to the whole movement. It was interesting. Not my cup of tea as far as music, but it was cool to learn about, someof it was cool though...they mentioned them being in DC early on, and how thick the scene was...

It was called American Hardcore. dope documentary.

some cat had me rolling cause he was talking about how back then the parties used to be CRAZY and went on about peeing on some girl like that %#+ isnormal?!?!?
laugh.gif

on the topic of Erykah

The Healer
Dilla Tribute
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

wow...so let me get this straight if you are from a certain area that a rapper reps...and you dont like him you are a hater??? interesting....NT is teaching meso much about life right now its ridiculous! Thanks NT
smile.gif

i think i may be totally wrong but im gonna say lil kim,mary j blige,eric b and rakim,de la soul,the beatles,andre 3 stacks, nas

Back
Top Bottom