Yao Ming or Dwight Howard? Who would you take starting a franchise.

28suhp5.jpg

"You Can't F***ing Stop Me!!!"

Originally Posted by dland24

The problem with building a franchise around Dwight Howard was on display tonight in the game. The Magic were CRUSHING and Howard was a focal point for the offense. Coming down the stretch, he was basically invisible. Because he is horrendous from the free throw line, he cant have the ball. The Celtics were able to come back from a huge hole and almost steal back the game. This happened in round one as well.

Dwight needs to be complimented with another superstar, the player that can take over down the stretch and win games. As much of a beast as Dwight Howard is, if he is the best player on the team, that team will ultimately fall short in the playoffs. A team CAN NOT have their best player COMPLETELY taken out of the offensive equation for most of the 4th quarter. The only reason I would buy anyone saying Howard is strictly due to age and the hopes of improvement.

But for the purposes of trying to win in the immediate future, I would build my team around Yao.....and it really wasnt that hard of a decision.
yes like shaq had kobe and wade

shaq was the best player on those laker squad who had a second superstar that could do the job when needed

Originally Posted by ctdaprince

thats what im sayin you build your team around dwight and you will have a dynasty like the lakers did

the rockets have tried that and so far it hasnt worked out

you guys act as if dwight has reached his limit he hasnt he even scratched the surface

now we have seen eveything yao has he has reached his potential

610x.jpg

Originally Posted by PRETTYPLAYA

thats what im sayin you build your team around dwight and you will have a dynasty like the lakers did

you guys act as if dwight has reached his limit he hasnt he even scratched the surface

610x.jpg

you havent been banned yet

Yao, and it's not even close for me.....

The only downside with Yao is he tends to get winded where I'm sure you could ride D12 longer and for longer stretches.

You sound stupid
laugh.gif

They've been pretty much doing that since Dwight came in. I'm not seeing the championships.

BTW there isn't much more offense to gain from a non-multifaceted game such as Dwights. Just hope his hops stay with him.
grin.gif

He's pretty much the most dominant rebounder now since KG/Camby took breaks. That's what I see Howard as. Not a prolific scorer but a phenomenalrebounder.

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

You sound stupid
laugh.gif

They've been pretty much doing that since Dwight came in. I'm not seeing the championships.

BTW there isn't much more offense to gain from a non-multifaceted game such as Dwights. Just hope his hops stay with him.
grin.gif

He's pretty much the most dominant rebounder now since KG/Camby took breaks. That's what I see Howard as. Not a prolific scorer but a phenomenal rebounder.
do the magic have a legit second superstar uhhhhhh no is dwight done improving uhhhhhh no he came straight outta high school so he still has alotof improving

yao has had tmac and now ron
eyes.gif
how many rings he got o thats right none

lol that twitter dude credibility was off right after he said "WILL HAVE LAKER DYNASTY"

LBJ is laughing at you.

^I would hate to argue with you (ct) about sports in real life. You're all over the place, son. You're saying that yes, Shaq won because he had Dwyaneand Kobe take care of things when it got tough down the stretch. Yet, you're also saying that Yao has had basically the same superstar two guard by hisside and hasn't won any rings to show for it. What makes you think Dwight will have rings once/if he gets that superstar two guard by his side? Neither ofthese guys are Shaq, so stop using him as a precedent.

lol that twitter dude credibility was off right after he said "WILL HAVE LAKER DYNASTY"

LBJ is laughing at you.
once dwight develops and you and a second superstar with some role players around you could potentially have a dynasty

yoou juss hatin cause i said lakers in it

You sound stupid
laugh.gif

grin.gif

He's pretty much the most dominant rebounder now since KG/Camby took breaks. That's what I see Howard as. Not a prolific scorer but a phenomenal rebounder.
do the magic have a legit second superstar uhhhhhh no is dwight done improving uhhhhhh no he came straight outta high school so he still has alot of improving

eyes.gif
What's he gonna improve on? his gooseneck freethrow form? his variety of putback styles? Like someone earlier mentioned, he's not eventrying to develop a semi-dependable close/mid range shot.

He'll get a couple more points maybe and a few more boards doing guess what?

The same #$@# he's doing now.

You sound stupid
laugh.gif

grin.gif

do the magic have a legit second superstar uhhhhhh no is dwight done improving uhhhhhh no he came straight outta high school so he still has alot of improving

eyes.gif
What's he gonna improve on? his gooseneck freethrow form? his variety of putback styles? Like someone earlier mentioned, he's not even trying to develop a semi-dependable close/mid range shot.

He'll get a couple more points maybe and a few more boards doing guess what?

The same #$@# he's doing now.
all he needs is a consistent hook he is a center not a guard . and he averagin more points than yao now doing that same $#%! imagine once he addsa consistent hook shot

The problem with building a franchise around Dwight Howard was on display tonight in the game. The Magic were CRUSHING and Howard was a focal point for the offense. Coming down the stretch, he was basically invisible. Because he is horrendous from the free throw line, he cant have the ball. The Celtics were able to come back from a huge hole and almost steal back the game. This happened in round one as well.

Dwight needs to be complimented with another superstar, the player that can take over down the stretch and win games. As much of a beast as Dwight Howard is, if he is the best player on the team, that team will ultimately fall short in the playoffs. A team CAN NOT have their best player COMPLETELY taken out of the offensive equation for most of the 4th quarter. The only reason I would buy anyone saying Howard is strictly due to age and the hopes of improvement.

But for the purposes of trying to win in the immediate future, I would build my team around Yao.....and it really wasnt that hard of a decision.

shaq was the best player on those laker squad who had a second superstar that could do the job when needed

It sounds like you agree with me......so why the crossouts?

It sounds like you agree with me......so why the crossouts?
oops my bad juss used to defended my view as why dwight can be a center piece if you put the right pieces around him

Yao because of better overall game. But if you had a bunch of support players/above average players then I'd take Dwight. But if the team had to becentered around one of them then it's easily Yao.

Originally Posted by 703FlipFiend

^Like I said, this cat is all over the place. ct, may I ask how old you are?

how am i all over the place im just defending my view on dwight howard and ive been sayin the same thing that all you need is the right pieces around him oncehe develops cause he is only 23 right nowand yao will be 30 next yr

LBJ is laughing at you.
once dwight develops and you and a second superstar with some role players around you could potentially have a dynasty

yoou juss hatin cause i said lakers in it

LOL No.

Originally Posted by franchise3

It really depends what type of franchise you want to build.

With Dwight, the possibilities are endless. You can surround him with shooters, uptempo guys, role players where Dwight is the focus of the offense, etc. He's that athletic.
eek.gif

With Yao, it's basically the typical elite big man formula. A big man, a wing, and a bunch of role players who can shoot.

Yao is basically a more athletic Georghe Mureshan. So Dwight Howard should defintely be your pick.

I agree Dwigh Howard all the way!

Dwight-Howard-s-Girlfriend-20090216062414.jpg

Back
Top Bottom