Yo, do you believe in evolution? Update: Read 1st post

So how come humans haven't evolved over the years. What will we evolve into for those that believe in evolution? I mean animals have to adapt to survive.So do we, but you don't see mothers in Alaska or Greenland having Children with Coats of fur to protect them from the cold over time, or you don't seepeople in the tropics with built in mechanisms to deal with the heat. We wear coats when its cold, We all sweat when it is hot, we dont evolve to either or ifwe live in an area for so long. But back to my question what will we evolve to? have we witnessed the evolution of any species during our existence on thisearth? No, we have found INDICATORs of animals that have lived that couldn't adapt and were extinct.

So I'm a black male, what did i evolve from? Please dont tell me black folks evolved from monkeys..because if thats the case then we would see monkeysaround here walking and talking like us, or at least some transitional phase "missing links". I've never seen a monkey plop out a human.
And where do white people come from, or asians, hispanics?

Originally Posted by 360wavesandxbox

So how come humans haven't evolved over the years. What will we evolve into for those that believe in evolution? I mean animals have to adapt to survive. So do we, but you don't see mothers in Alaska or Greenland having Children with Coats of fur to protect them from the cold over time, or you don't see people in the tropics with built in mechanisms to deal with the heat. We wear coats when its cold, We all sweat when it is hot, we dont evolve to either or if we live in an area for so long. But back to my question what will we evolve to? have we witnessed the evolution of any species during our existence on this earth? No, we have found INDICATORs of animals that have lived that couldn't adapt and were extinct.

So I'm a black male, what did i evolve from? Please dont tell me black folks evolved from monkeys..because if thats the case then we would see monkeys around here walking and talking like us, or at least some transitional phase "missing links". I've never seen a monkey plop out a human.

Yo, I came in here to say something of the sort. I agree with you no matter how crazy people may think your opinion is. Are we as Humans the perfect form?We've been around thousands and thousands of years... you'd think something would change about us. Of course evolution does make sense...but I believewe were definitely placed here for a purpose. Ignorant, uneducated...w/e call me what you feel. I just don't believe we came from monkeys, mainly becausethere are still monkeys. Where are all the other 1st generation animals that co-exist with their evolved form?

Yes. I believe in Evolution. Evolution is simply a change is gene flow. There macro evolution, micro evolution, ect. Evolution is also observable - seeselective breeding of stock animals, Darwins finches, those moths in London, ect.

Evolution is a very complex thing. It's not just one species turning into another.

As fetus's, we have GILLS and a tail. Tell me why we got that if we (or our ancestors) didn't have them and use them at one time. Evolutionarilyspeaking, it's easier to just "add on" then to completely remove so at some point in our development we have gills, tail, notochord, ect. It's pretty neat.

what about all my other monkey and gorilla brethren didn't make the change...we need to be worried about them

It's funny that that article inspired this post because it has nothing to do with evolution. That's simple modification via experience (neuralplasticity) and it would appear you fell victim to the fallacy of Lemarkian inheritance. IT doesn't count squat for evolution if these changes aren'tpassed on to offspring and clearly this is something that, genetically speaking, isn't. It's a social modification not evolutionary biology.

Originally Posted by curt2121

It's funny that that article inspired this post because it has nothing to do with evolution.

I never said it had anything to do with evolution, it just inspired this post as I was thinking.

Originally Posted by seniosoul

what about all my other monkey and gorilla brethren didn't make the change...we need to be worried about them

lol

gorillas did evolve, just not like we did.

but evolution is a fact in my eyes.

Originally Posted by NeptuneBeats187

Originally Posted by 360wavesandxbox

So how come humans haven't evolved over the years. What will we evolve into for those that believe in evolution? I mean animals have to adapt to survive. So do we, but you don't see mothers in Alaska or Greenland having Children with Coats of fur to protect them from the cold over time, or you don't see people in the tropics with built in mechanisms to deal with the heat. We wear coats when its cold, We all sweat when it is hot, we dont evolve to either or if we live in an area for so long. But back to my question what will we evolve to? have we witnessed the evolution of any species during our existence on this earth? No, we have found INDICATORs of animals that have lived that couldn't adapt and were extinct.

So I'm a black male, what did i evolve from? Please dont tell me black folks evolved from monkeys..because if thats the case then we would see monkeys around here walking and talking like us, or at least some transitional phase "missing links". I've never seen a monkey plop out a human.

Yo, I came in here to say something of the sort. I agree with you no matter how crazy people may think your opinion is. Are we as Humans the perfect form? We've been around thousands and thousands of years... you'd think something would change about us. Of course evolution does make sense...but I believe we were definitely placed here for a purpose. Ignorant, uneducated...w/e call me what you feel. I just don't believe we came from monkeys, mainly because there are still monkeys. Where are all the other 1st generation animals that co-exist with their evolved form?
supposidly because of our "moral" customs

"UK geneticist Steve Jones gave a presentation entitled Human Evolution Is Over. He asserts that human beings have stopped evolving because modern social customs have lowered the age at which human males have offspring, which results in fewer of the mutations necessary to drive evolutionary change. Apparently the fate of our species now depends upon older guys hooking up with younger woman. I, for one, welcome this development."

Im a Catholic... but yes i do believe in Evolution... Evolution to me has a lot more evidence than religion... Religion is just faith IMO.

IMO ... religion is a scare tactic . Why should we believe those priests and monks and other dudes that corrupted the minds of people , making them believethat they have to pay to get to Heaven and Hell ? I believe that there was a Jesus . I believe he was a good man and did good things , and people started tobelieve things .

Moreso , I prefer facts . I like to see the scientific scheme of things . I don't believe in blindly following something just because "it waswritten."

I don't knock people that believe in religion though ... that's their decision . I believe that people shouldn't believe in just one thing &ndbe open - minded about their decisions .

Im a Catholic... but yes i do believe in Evolution... Evolution to me has a lot more evidence than religion... Religion is just faith IMO.

Yes.
Every creature is equipped with the potential for gene mutations and natural selection to ensure the survival of it's species.

I still believe in GOD and HIS creation of the earth and it's living things.

to the dude who asked why we haven't shown any signs of evolution (human race) evolution takes millions of years.

we are a relatively new species in terms of being on this planet

anyway, came in here just to post an article:

moz-screenshot.jpg
081015144123.jpg

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/10/081015144123.htmhttp://www.sciencedaily.c.../2008/10/081015144123.htm

Back
Top Bottom