Yo Meth!!!

I remember you saying a while back maybe 4 months ago in a Yuku complaints thread that there was the possibility of NT moving to a new platform around the time the NBA season starts. Im to lazy to track the thread down but could we get an update? Thx

I remember you saying a while back maybe 4 months ago in a Yuku complaints thread that there was the possibility of NT moving to a new platform around the time the NBA season starts. Im to lazy to track the thread down but could we get an update? Thx

avy check

and bugging isn't gonna help... they are fully aware of the problem... they probably pissed with these future complaints.

but i wouldn't mind having my signature back.

avy check

and bugging isn't gonna help... they are fully aware of the problem... they probably pissed with these future complaints.

but i wouldn't mind having my signature back.

The start of the NBA season has been a target for us due to the effect of our recent performance issues on time sensitive content like game day posts in our Sports & Training forum.

For months, it looked like a platform change was the ONLY way we'd be able to accomplish that goal - but we also want to make sure that we can retain all of our existing post and user data if at all possible.

Recently, I've been collaborating directly with the systems admin for Yuku in attempt to turn things around. He's already begun revamping the Yuku support forums (http://support.yuku.com/forums/125) to make them more about SOLVING problems than about entertaining complaints.  You'll notice now that issues actually have a STATUS associated with them and prioritization is now influenced based on user votes.  The more users vote on a certain issue, the higher priority level it will receive.  So, if there's a minor glitch on Cynthia's Sewing Circle forums, but you guys have an issue with something on NT... suffice it to say our problem will be addressed first - strength in numbers.

New features are on the way, some of which will be built to our specs.  Before we add bells and whistles, obviously we need the site up to speed and rock solid when it comes to load times and basic functionality.  As I've said before, there's no sense adding a home theater to a house that's on fire. 

You may have noticed that we've already experienced some significant performance improvements over the past couple of weeks. Specifically, the multi-posting issue has been addressed (a fix is in place for both replies and leads) and the site runs considerably faster now.

The systems admin has been personally involved in coding and bug fixing for us and, once he gets a chance (probably Monday or Tuesday of next week) he'll be creating a post here on NT to solicit YOUR feedback directly. 

He has to set things right for YOU or we won't stay here.  They know that. 

Unforeseen complications are practically a constant in this business, so I never like to set firm dates or announce anything before it's essentially a done deal, so all I can say for the moment is that we do have some great things in store that we look forward to rolling out over the next few months.  Some may surprise you, others probably won't, but we think all the changes in store are for the better.  (It's not all technical stuff, either.)

The start of the NBA season has been a target for us due to the effect of our recent performance issues on time sensitive content like game day posts in our Sports & Training forum.

For months, it looked like a platform change was the ONLY way we'd be able to accomplish that goal - but we also want to make sure that we can retain all of our existing post and user data if at all possible.

Recently, I've been collaborating directly with the systems admin for Yuku in attempt to turn things around. He's already begun revamping the Yuku support forums (http://support.yuku.com/forums/125) to make them more about SOLVING problems than about entertaining complaints.  You'll notice now that issues actually have a STATUS associated with them and prioritization is now influenced based on user votes.  The more users vote on a certain issue, the higher priority level it will receive.  So, if there's a minor glitch on Cynthia's Sewing Circle forums, but you guys have an issue with something on NT... suffice it to say our problem will be addressed first - strength in numbers.

New features are on the way, some of which will be built to our specs.  Before we add bells and whistles, obviously we need the site up to speed and rock solid when it comes to load times and basic functionality.  As I've said before, there's no sense adding a home theater to a house that's on fire. 

You may have noticed that we've already experienced some significant performance improvements over the past couple of weeks. Specifically, the multi-posting issue has been addressed (a fix is in place for both replies and leads) and the site runs considerably faster now.

The systems admin has been personally involved in coding and bug fixing for us and, once he gets a chance (probably Monday or Tuesday of next week) he'll be creating a post here on NT to solicit YOUR feedback directly. 

Unforeseen complications are practically a constant in this business, so I never like to set firm dates or announce anything before it's essentially a done deal, so all I can say for the moment is that we do have some great things in store that we look forward to rolling out over the next few months.  Some may surprise you, others probably won't, but we think all the changes in store are for the better.  (It's not all technical stuff, either.)

Originally Posted by Method Man

I have noticed this Meth.  Things have actually been pretty good lately.  You guys do a great job, I'm glad you care about this place so much.  Don't know what I would do without Niketalk seriously. 

Originally Posted by Method Man

I have noticed this Meth.  Things have actually been pretty good lately.  You guys do a great job, I'm glad you care about this place so much.  Don't know what I would do without Niketalk seriously. 

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

I'm hoping we get a upvote and downvote system like reddit.
Noo, I think that would completely change the dynamic of NT for the worse.

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

Noo, I think that would completely change the dynamic of NT for the worse.

Props on fixing a lot of the issues. Posts are super quick and haven't been 'yuku'd' for a while now.

Props on fixing a lot of the issues. Posts are super quick and haven't been 'yuku'd' for a while now.

tumblr_lamtc92KBT1qaho1po1_400.gif

The only and biggest thing bothering me is that it keeps refreshing to the home page... Seriously, I've had enough of it 
mad.gif

I'm off to bed.

The only and biggest thing bothering me is that it keeps refreshing to the home page... Seriously, I've had enough of it 
mad.gif

I'm off to bed.

Already in testing, we're just waiting until they work all the bugs out before we try it out here.

We'll see how it works.  There's been a "kudos" button available on Yuku for years, we just never used it because we felt it was sort of pointless.  We get enough gratuitous posting without people going ****oo for kudos.  We only had interest in a post rating system if it had the effect of promoting quality over quantity.  If it's balanced properly it can also be a good way to help our staff identify trolls and problem users.  If a user's posts are constantly receiving negative ratings, for example, that's something we may want to pay attention to.  The ability to "dim" useless troll responses gives users the ability to help keep obnoxious users from derailing what could otherwise be enjoyable threads.  It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

mad.gif

Visit the support forums, collect the information needed to make a useful report, and create a thread about it.  They went to work on that problem within minutes of my email and created a fix that solved the problem for most of us within an hour or so.  I'm not sure what it is about your situation that's unique, but if you give them enough information (OS, browser, time of occurrence, etc.) they should be able to fix it. 

I suspected it was related to the FB "like" button, so that's been removed for the time being.  If it's related to the ads, we're en route to replacing those.  If all goes well, that contract gets inked in November and we'll benefit from a MUCH higher quality ad stream - more reliable, no viruses, more relevant, and better yielding so we can continue to improve the site and raise even more for charity.  There's a reason you guys haven't seen donations for awhile, but trust that they'll be back and hopefully on an even larger scale.

Agreed, things have definitely improved.
Tip of the iceberg.  We've suffered enough, but in the long run it's going to be a positive because it's spurred a lot of action and you're beginning to see the end result start to take shape.  I think it's essential to nail down the fundamentals first, before we move on to anything else, but I want to make it clear that our goal isn't just to get NikeTalk back to what it was.  We want it to be better than ever. 

We really appreciate everyone's patience and loyalty over the past year.   Just know that many people have been working very hard to make sure that you're able to enjoy the type of forum experience you deserve. 

Back
Top Bottom