Yo NT please skool me on my 5 dollar pick-up

Originally Posted by Air Murphy 23

I got 50,000$ on them.

laugh.gif

allalon1,

I have to disagree with you. The white/silver pair you have pictured are orgininal Air Force 1's aka Air Force Zeros which are from 1982. If you look morecarefully, the white/red pair the post started found has perforations on the toe box and no mesh side unlike the the Air Force Zeros. Air Force Zeros also hada longer toe box. The white/red pair could be from anywhere between '83 (when the first AF1's were released to the public) and '86-'88 when thefirst reissue was released.

Th3Ownly,

If you look on the inside of the sneaker near the ankle area there should be the size followed by other numbers (example: 10881202TH). The first two numbers that follow the size represent the year the sneaker was produced. In the caseof the example I gave you that number would be '88. Those are also not worth THAT much money. I picked up a low top version in similar condition from'88 for about $100. Personally, I possibly try to sand down the midsoles a little to restore the white color and then wear those babies. That is what theyare meant for. Hope that helps.

Jvhoop22 wrote;

allalon1,

I have to disagree with you. The white/silver pair you have pictured are orgininal Air Force 1's aka Air Force Zeros which are from 1982. If you look more carefully, the white/red pair the post started found has perforations on the toe box and no mesh side unlike the the Air Force Zeros. Air Force Zeros also had a longer toe box. The white/red pair could be from anywhere between '83 (when the first AF1's were released to the public) and '86-'88 when the first reissue was released.

Yes i do know the pics I posted were the early versions of the air force one, but what made me believe these were from 82 was because of the "NikeAir" on the heel(which has the same font style on the Air Force Zeros I pictured), instead of "Nike Air" with the nike swoosh below which isprevalent on later versions of the air force 1 as early as 83 and later all Nike shoes, its just plain "Nike Air" without the nike swoosh below it.Thats why I believed it to be an early version, not in the sense that it was a sample but actually one the first releases. But with what you said about theserial numbers, the thread starter could in fact take pics of it and then the mystery can be solved.

jvhoop22,

thanks on disagreeing with me, no joke or beef....when you have conflicting knowledge with someone else who brings to the table just as much knowledge if notmore but from different aspects of the game, you end up walking away with new information. You said to Th3Ownly that if the thread starter checks theproduction number on the ankle area he would know when the show was produced. I didn't know that, so I walk away from this learning something I didn'tknow before.
pimp.gif

allalon1,

I completely agree. I always enjoy learning new things on this board and hearing conflicting opinions. I can tell by your remarks that you aren't trying tostart e-beef (lol). I don't pretend to know everything and I'm far from the most knowledgeable person on this board, but I try to express what I knowwhen it can be helpful. As far as the "Nike Air" with the swoosh below it: there are pairs of AF1s up until the early 90's (maybe even a littlelater) that only have "Nike Air" like the pair the post start pictured. I own a low top pair from '88 and a hi top pair from '92 like this.Hope that helps.

It would be nice to see more pics because I'm interested to know what year this particular pair is from.

Originally Posted by jvhoop22

allalon1,

I completely agree. I always enjoy learning new things on this board and hearing conflicting opinions. I can tell by your remarks that you aren't trying to start e-beef (lol). I don't pretend to know everything and I'm far from the most knowledgeable person on this board, but I try to express what I know when it can be helpful. As far as the "Nike Air" with the swoosh below it: there are pairs of AF1s up until the early 90's (maybe even a little later) that only have "Nike Air" like the pair the post start pictured. I own a low top pair from '88 and a hi top pair from '92 like this. Hope that helps.

It would be nice to see more pics because I'm interested to know what year this particular pair is from.
I also seen a Black/Black pair on Uptowns that had the "Nike Air" on the back (no swoosh). I asked the seller, it was from 2000
eek.gif

im at college right now and i dont have the shoes with me...I had my dad read me what is says on them and it is... Size 11.5 820910THPS So I guess their from82? Thats awsome news thanks guys and there is the answer to your question of the picture you wanted me to take

Th3Ownly,

You're correct. That means they are from '82. That's an amazing pickup. You should definitely try to rock those.

Back
Top Bottom