:pimp:
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

yo not to go off subject, but what exactly was so bad about KC? i happened to dig alotta the beats, and even though i can see a couple spots ont eh album where people might not like a particular song, but that doesnt drag down the album as a whole IMO
Open your Mind!

Wow. Every song on AG sounds nice as hell :pimp:
pimp.gif
except:

Hello Brooklyn.

What in de @#%$ was Jay thinking?

Wanye: Goodbye to Ka-tri-na and welcome to brooklaaaaaann...brooklyn

I feel offended :smh:
smh.gif
Team Negrodamus
TEAM BROOKLYN
TEAM PS3
PLAY B3YOND
PSN: DMasta718​

You guys are definately OD'ing. I feel like Wayne is only on the hook, and if Hov murders the verses, I can see this song being alright. But yea, all the other snippets sound ridiculous. Pray, American Dreamin', No Hook, Say Hello, Success all sound crazy. Am I the only one who feels Ignorant @#%$ didn't need tob e on this album. Release the track, sure, but it doesnt seem to fit.
"I rather die enormous than live dormant...that's how we on it"

the beat sucks though. and if waynes verse is that annoying and disgusting froma 30 second clip. then thats bad news.
this isnt directed toward you ^ but i cant understand how people can actually defend wayne.
dude is complete garbage.

F.C.BARCELONA
---myspace.com/JAPEsbeats---

I'm going to trust Jay on this one and just wait for the album to release. I've heard Blue Magic and Roc Boys but I'm holding out on the rest like a lot of you. It's been a while since I popped in an anticipated CD without hearing the whole thing on the Internet beforehand.

NYC people:

Album release party @ the 40/40 on 11/5 8pm (open to the public)...

Chris Robinson did the walk thru for the new video (Roc Boys?) to be shot at the 40 on Friday...

I will redeem myself.
I have to.
TEAMMUSICFORUM
Surrounded by idiots. Word to P and Timbo.​

WOW Jay :smh:
smh.gif

Jay-Z
House of Blues Sunset Strip, Hollywood, CA
Tue, Nov 6, 2007 08:00 PM

$150

:smh:
smh.gif
smh.gif
"Certain things in life, it's a long way gettin' there, but once you get there, it's just...it's just ****** spectacular" - Eddie Vedder

VH1's Classic Album: Reasonable Doubt DVD drops next Tuesday. Anybody else hoping the Reasonable Doubt Concert gets attached to this?

Quote:
lies lies lies
:lol:
laugh.gif
smh.gif
Goooooooooonies
...He looks determined without being ruthless..Something heroic in this man, there's a courage about him..Doesn't look like a killer..Comes across so calm, acts like he has a dreamFull of passion....

Damn...

I tried, my fellow NTers, I tried to like it but...

"Hello Brooklyn 2.0" feat Lil' Wayne is pure utter GARBAGE
I can't believe it..and its not only the horrendous Weezy appearance...the beat is wack too..sound real vanilla

im a pretty big Hov fan but the song is just unforgiveable (word to my favorite YouTube vid :lol:
laugh.gif
TeaM
GEORGIA SOLE
XBL GT: DWills925 Member #5- DJ236
GwiNNeTT CouNTy​

Know what, i'll chill on hello brooklyn because if its fire i'm not getting stuck with my foot in my mouth. Plus its a snippet of a partial hook.
Washington Wizards

diddy's a paper gangster
industry gangster

kanye is just gay.

F.C.BARCELONA
---myspace.com/JAPEsbeats---

I wouldnt pay $20 to watch hova perform again. I'm a huge fan but I hate concerts.
RAIDER NATION

Jay on 'Hello Brooklyn', Tour, Jadakiss signing, and more ...

Quote:
The Mike Jordan of rap says he's coming through in the clutch with his American Gangster album, much like he's done time and time again.

"That's my thing," Jay-Z smiled on Wednesday night at Steiner Studios in the Brooklyn Navy Yard. Jay was there to tape an episode of "VH1 Storytellers," and before showtime, he was scribing some last-minute additions to his November 6 release, including a track called "American Dreaming" that samples Marvin Gaye vocals, and "Hello Brooklyn," which features Lil Wayne.

"I'm the fourth-quarter man," he added. "At the end of the album, I stand up stronger. I made '[I Just Wanna Love U] Give It 2 Me' at the very end of the [recording of The Dynasty: Roc La Familia]. 'PSA' was the last record [I wrote for] The Black Album. I believe in finishing up strong."

"Hello Brooklyn" is the tag-team combination that has been talked about by hip-hop fans for the past year or so, as it features Weezy F. Baby, MTV News' Hottest MC in the Game. What compounds the excitement even more is that the two haven't exactly had the fondest of words for each other in the recent past. Jay described "Hello Brooklyn" as not being a back-and-forth lyrical exercise like, say "Renegade" or "Black Republican" but more of a conceptual song.

"[Wayne's camp] sent the record and it was done," Jay elaborated. "So it wasn't like a collaboration thing. It was done already. Gee [Roberson] and [Kyambo] 'Hip Hop' [Joshua], who came from Roc-A-Fella and went on to do great things I'm very proud of them manage Wayne. That whole thing came through them. It's more of a great record than a lyrical slugfest. It's more a creative, great record than two guys spitting. 'Success' [another American Gangster track] is more of what people wanna look at when you judge that type of [collaborative] stuff. It's me and Nas going at it."

Wayne said "Hello Brooklyn" was actually made for his delayed album, Tha Carter, Vol. 3. "It was produced by my homeboy Big D a long time ago," he said. "Jay heard the song some type of way, and when he heard it, he said, 'Ask the homie if I can get this.' When I was asked the question, I told them it wasn't even a question he's got it. Everybody in the world knows how I feel about Jay. ... He's the king, utmost respect.

"The song has a sample on there that says, 'Hello Brooklyn,' " Wayne added. "I made it so that I'm talking to a woman and the woman has the traits of the actual place [where the song is set]. I say, 'She love B.I.G. but she like Tupac, and every time I say, "Jay-Z," she say, "It's the Roc." ' Me not being from Brooklyn, I think it's cool because you always wanna know what an outsider thinks of your place."

Just like Wayne called Jay a "king," Hov proved that he is the reigning king of BK when he was treated like royalty at his hometown show on Wednesday night. He had plenty to share during his "Storytellers" set, during which he performed seven songs from his new album and told the story behind them for an audience that featured Beyonc, Beanie Sigel and L.A. Reid. Songs included "Blue Magic," during which a female audience member came out of the stands and did the Wop with Jay, and "Party Life," for which Hov specifically requested red lighting, because the song reminds him of old-school house-parties. "Hola Hovito, cooler than zee-ro, bee-low/ Fresh one blade, no chemo," he rapped. "Art with no easel, please there's no equal/ Your boy's off the wall, these other n---as is Tito."

"The band is great," he said earlier in the night of his accompanying musicians. "I went to Puff and snatched up a couple of his people 'cause he ... and Snoop [recently] went on an international tour. I know him, he's like a drill sergeant. He put them through the wringer. So I knew they would be ready. I didn't have to do much. I just let them hear the songs, and they learned the songs in one day."

Jay and his band, which he dubbed "The Roc Boys" on Wednesday night, will be going to several major cities at the start of November for a promo run. Next year, probably in the spring, he wants to do a full tour, hopefully with his roster of Roc-A-Fellas.

"We're slowly getting our legs to make another run," Jigga said, before rattling off the label's recent and upcoming releases. "First Kanye, then my record, then Free and Beans. [Memphis] Bleek's got a smoker out there. We're gearing up for Tru-Life at the beginning of the year, and [to] make that Dynasty 2 [album]."

It looks like one person will be added to Jay's dynasty soon: The LOX's Jadakiss is apparently on the way to Roc-A-Fella/ Def Jam by way of Ruff Ryders. "It's not done," Jay said of the deal. But, he added, "It's about 90 percent [complete]."
Shoes For SalePM Me...Too Lazy To Post In Buy/Sell Currently
Sizes 12 - 13

^Good post I am intrigued to see what people have to see now that the concept of the Hello Brooklyn track has been explained and also now we know that Wayne definitely is not spitting.

Since the track is title Hello Brooklyn 2.0 I guess it is safe to assume Wayne is using it with his version for The Carter 3. Should be interesting.
T E A M N E W Y O R K K N I C K S​

Back
Top Bottom