YO! The Official Jay Z post...

Quote:
Party Life is one of the best songs I've heard in years. It amazes me though how did could put together an album this great in a month, Jay Just solidified his spot as my # 1 rap favorite(sorry big)
We could trade places, get lifted in the staircases
Word up, peace incarcerated scarfaces

Quote:
Speaking of people that got embarrassed on tracks, Nasir should've stayed home.
:wow:
eek.gif

DJ Ransom

Nas's contribution to Success was solid but yeah Hov outshined him on that. Dope song all around though.
Goooooooooonies​
***I'm as hood as a hoopty, keep it gangsta in Gucci, put your girl in some Pucci, she'll let me play in her coochie!***

Is it me or did Nas' verse semm shorter? like it wasnt a full 16 or Ol Man Jigga spit like a 24 or 28?

NaS did get outshined but his verse was solid aint like it was garbage

:smokin
smokin.gif
Team Otaku
TeamWolfShirts
"Its painful how sexy I look in this."

Quote:
But in all seriousness, the beat does way more to tarnish the song than Wayne does in my opinion. Its so unvaried, and I grow weary off it before the first verse is over.

Exactly. I'm no Wayne hater. It's that damn BEAT that I got a problem with.

Quote:
i dunno the beat really sucks. but when you hear waynes voice come in with his singing/rapping type flow it really just sounds horrible.
FLOAT AROUND IN THE GREATEST OF PORSCHES,
FEEL LIKE A CHUCKWAGON CUZ I'M ON 12 HORSES​

I just heard party life and its currenlty my favortie joint on the record. its smooth but not boring. worst song on the album to me is hello brooklyn and even that is tolerable. i think he shouldve let wayne keep that for his own album. the beat just aint right. this whole cd is dope. not to many weak points that i noticed out side of the aforementioned.

Does anybody else's "pray" end rather abruptly with "what came first moving chickens or the egg"? just seems kinda of odd almost like when a dj does the whole "yall cant get that ishh yet haha haha haha(echo voice)"

Say Hello is the best song on the album and its stayed on repeat

its 'Toomp killed this @#%$' pt 2. really...and the lyrics really touch on an important part of hip hop...with all the critics :pimp:
pimp.gif
Goooooooooonies
...He looks determined without being ruthless..Something heroic in this man, there's a courage about him..Doesn't look like a killer..Comes across so calm, acts like he has a dreamFull of passion....

Wow @ Sura, I would've never thought I'd see the day he'd say something positive :lol:
laugh.gif
TEAMNEWYORKKNICKS​

Quote:
A confidential source has revealed the real reason behind Jay Z's "concept" album "American Gangster". The source who is close to Jay Z's camp, said Jay Z was "hurt" and "disappointed" that he didn't get the plum role of the Harlem numbers runner-turned-heroin dealer. The insider also said Jay Z felt slighted when the film's producers nixed his offer to record the soundtrack for the movie.

"He was assed out," said the insider. "They f*cked with his ego big time. Jay is not a man who can take no for an answer." The source also said Jay Z called in favors and tried to pull rank by going to Denzel Washington, who was eventually given the role. "The truth has never been told: Jay Z wanted the role years ago when Universal Studios first purchased the rights to "The Return of Superfly," said the insider, referring to the New York magazine article by Mark Jacobson.

The insider also claimed Jay Z entered into negotiations with then director Antoine Fuqua only to be turned away when Denzel expressed interest in the screen play. "Word gets around Hollywood fast when there's a good script, and Denzel wanted in on that project. Jay wasn't even taken seriously after Denzel's name got mentioned, but they kept stringing him along."

According to the insider, when Universal Studios cancelled production of "American Gangster" in 2004, Jay Z felt it was a sign from God. "He felt like if he wasn't going to be in it the movie shouldn't be made at all."

When production on the movie began anew in 2005, Jay Z changed tactics. "By then they had spent so much money on this thing, Jay just wanted to be involved in any way he could cause he thought [the movie] was going to be a block buster," said the source. Jay Z visited the set often and convinced his friend Denzel to talk to the producers on his behalf. "He wanted to do the soundtrack to the movie so bad, and initially everyone involved thought it was a great idea," said the source. "But nothing ever got signed - just a lot of talk.

"Once Jay realized they were stroking him again, he went into the studio to record his own soundtrack. He was in a race against time cause he wanted [the album] to compete with the movie," said the source. In September, Jay Z announced his new "concept" album "American Gangster" which he claimed was "inspired by" the movie. "@#%$," said the source, - "At this point he doesn't want that movie to do well. Why you think all those clear studio copies of the movie are flooding the streets? This the first time a movie ever got bootlegged way before the movie was in the theaters. Only somebody with a studio copy could have done that."

courtesy of sandrarose.com

take it however you want to take it.

but i just can't see jay wanting to play frank lucas.

only thing that makes this rumor sort of believable is that first time i saw american gangster the movie, i said to myself, jay got so inspired off this??

don't get me wrong, it was a good movie, but it wasn't that good.

Quote:
"At this point he doesn't want that movie to do well. Why you think all those clear studio copies of the movie are flooding the streets? This the first time a movie ever got bootlegged way before the movie was in the theaters. Only somebody with a studio copy could have done that."
:lol:
laugh.gif

Umm...this can't be the 1st time bootlegged copies are out....I know movies in the past movies were leaked before rd.
TEAMMUSICFORUM
Where Your Opinion is Wrong
And Lauryn Hill isn't on Lil' Wayne's level.​

That rumor is so beyond ******ed.

Denzel and Jay are good friends. Denzel came to HIM and asked HIM to make the soundtrack for the movie.

When the director said he didn't know if he could do it, it changed into him just making an album that would coincide with it.

Team DMV / Nuggets Fan​

"Young Body, Old Soul" - The Double LP Debut. Coming Soon...​

O.G. Member #1​

So wait this @#%$ thinks he can act or actually wanted to act that role in the movie?

Papo.....!

:smokin
smokin.gif
Team Otaku
TeamWolfShirts
"Its painful how sexy I look in this."

" If you owe me 10 dollars...u aint giving me ninnnnnneeeeee" one of the REALEST lines on the album. :lol:
laugh.gif
THE JOKER GANG
"Bob...Gun."
Team Negrodamus​

I knew checking out this thread would be trouble. I'm still going to hold out for as long as possible to listen to this album until release day. They were playing some track on the radio yesterday, I heard Hov's voice, and then I heard Nas, I literally hit the off button on my radio just to try to avoid hearing anymore of the track. I can't believe its only Wednesday, I need 11/06 to hurry up and get here.

Team
DC/MD/VA​

Cough up a lung..Where Im From!!
O.G. Member #5​

so am i the only person on NT that has heard nothing from AG except the singles? (and a snippet of Hello Brooklyn 2.0)

i guess i'm more patient than you guys :\
ohwell.gif

Now explain to me what holding out does? It kills me when dudes be crying over and over about holding out. If you like the artist, you'll be ride or die and buy the album if you like it or not.

It's a special treat for me when I get to hear it early. I already know I'm going to spend $10 on it regardless. I thought holding out was something that only virgin teen females did
Life Ain't Hard................But it's sho not easy!!!
SO YOU BETTER EAT YOUR WHEATIES!!!

Back
Top Bottom