Yo... This Album Is A CLASSIC (Vol. Nz On The Run Eatin)

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

Originally Posted by WE GET MONEY

laugh.gif
So you are just going to disregard the classic War Report and damn solid Reunion albums?

Cause thats not Nore... That CAPONE N Nore... Thats like trying to count Outkast albums as 3Stacks albums, I'm going to tell you to get your head out of your **!.  I couldn't discredit those 2 CNN albums if I wanted to, my heart wouldn't allow me to do it.  But that bull **@% that Noreiga put out... ALL DAY G!!!  I remember buying it when I came out and thinking it was cool, but I couldn't listen to more than 3-5 songs on this album today if you paid me.

So you think Nore is TRASH, but you're giving Capone credit??... 

but I couldn't listen to more than 3-5 songs on this album today if you paid me.
Body In The Trunk??
I Love My Life??
Banned From TV??
Da Story??
Its Not A Game??
40 Island??

62215b45788a53a4b0cf4a90f20c00cfd00a623.gif

And I'm not giving CAPONE credit... I'm giving CNN credit together they dropped 2 very dope lp's... by themselves they've each dropped the soap.

It's Not A Game > ANYthing on Supreme Clientele...

Capone had nothing to with ANYthing positive on either of the first 2 CNN albums...  Capone make Nore look like Rakim in 88

CAKE you know what you're talking about... Say 90% of the time, unfortunatly for you this ENTIRE thread has witnessed you displaying that 10%
smh.gif

ChrisMatiC413 wrote:  

Nore was decent, but when he dropped that turd known as Melvin Flynt Da Hustlah, i stopped listening ...
Sometimes??
Gangsta's Watch??
The Hustler??
Cocaine Business??
Blood Money Part 3??
Real Or Fake N??
Oh No??
Flagerent Cops??

Those are BAD songs??
grin.gif

"By themselves they've each dropped the soap".LMFAO!
I swear ya'll got me crying in the crib right now!Correct me if i'm wrong OP (and not to thread jack either),but did you say that it's cool to give praise to Pun's debut because he's dead?????????
You think that's the SOLE reason why (IF that's what you said)?

I never said Capone was anything to write home about either, but they compliment each other and together have made some damn decent music. I can't %!+@ with Nore as a solo artist... I just can't... I mean sure he makes a joint here and there that I'll rock with ie: I'ma G, but for the most part I just can't do it G. I Just Can't
smh.gif

The fact that he drinks hennessy straight w/ tomato juice, ran laps around the English channel and get's head in the whip w/o crashing it makes it a 4/5 album.

But classic?

Nah.

Good album though. Lot's of bangers on here

40 Island and Body in the trunk
pimp.gif

Just to clarify Nay, are you saying N.O.R.E is a hip hop classic or a personal classic for Nore??

ChrisMatiC413 wrote:  

Nore was decent, but when he dropped that turd known as Melvin Flynt Da Hustlah, i stopped listening ...
Sometimes??
Gangsta's Watch??
The Hustler??
Cocaine Business??
Blood Money Part 3??
Real Or Fake N??
Oh No??
Flagerent Cops??

Those are BAD songs??
grin.gif

I remember picking this album up with Murda Muzik, and i maybe gave Sometimes and Oh No some play, but yeah i wasnt diggin the rest of the album.  It wasnt anything close to The War Report or N.O.R.E. 

and im not the only one that thought so either....

"Yo, yo Melvin Flynt drop, my whole collasso stop
I can't believe I +$!%!* up and made a half-%*# album"
 - Nore (Invincible from The Reunion album)

I can't speak on this album being a classic or any of the other outlandish !@@+ that you talked about in this thread, but this album has tons of bangers and is a personal favorite of mine.

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

"By themselves they've each dropped the soap".LMFAO!
I swear ya'll got me crying in the crib right now!Correct me if i'm wrong OP (and not to thread jack either),but did you say that it's cool to give praise to Pun's debut because he's dead?????????
You think that's the SOLE reason why (IF that's what you said)?

I'm not taking anything away from Big Pun, all I'm saying is this album dropped the SAME time as both Pun and X's !*%+, and it more then held its own THAT summer (98), its aged exceptionally well, and to this day is one of the LAST signiture sounding east coast albums... 

Its as good as Its Dark & Capital Punishment... PERIOD. Outside of them (X & Pun) being pretty good rappers, I don't see what's stopping THIS from being a classic, but Capital Punishment & Its Dark are??... So why not Nore?? Cause he didn't die or start smoking crack...

I personally love ALL 3 of the albums... Almost equally (Which is criminal on NT cause you HAVE to like one thing more than another)

Duece King wrote:

Just to clarify Nay, are you saying N.O.R.E is a hip hop classic or a personal classic for Nore??

A HIP HOP CLASSIC... Sure why not...

And its deffinetly a NYC classic, this is the soundtrack to a summer in NY...

I know its hard for most of you to appreciate an album, or recognize it as being a classic unless Jay Z, NaS, 2Pac or Biggie  made it...
smh.gif

how are you hyping up below average, borderline stuttering nore raps but discrediting it was written?

Originally Posted by McFlyyy

how are you hyping up below average, borderline stuttering nore raps but discrediting it was written?

Because I've heard both albums...

They both received the SAME type of reviews as the time of their release, but you know that unwritten rule about NaS albums ALWAYS get better as the years go along (you know how Gods Son is a classic these days and all)...

Wanna talk about BELOW AVERAGE...
030901-nas-it_was_written.jpg

Be my guest...

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

I don't possibly understand how this could be a classic while IWW & Supreme Clientele aren't.

smh.gif
welp..there goes this thread
laugh.gif

if harlem would just STOP being so stubborn then ALL da aforementioned albums are classic.

The only reason those albums are held in high acclaim is because the guys that made them...

If you listened to this album objectively with NO bias, you may enjoy them (if you have bad taste in music) but neither of those albums DESERVE to be mentions with REAL classic... Like N.O.R.E. & Please Hammer Don't Hurt'em...
people NEVER considered da album garbage..it was more along da lines of "ohh Nas looks like his video wasn't shot with a Hi8's camcorder...."we don't like him, he selling out!
indifferent.gif
"
They didn't??...

The same people that liked this album think AZ made good music...

Originally Posted by McFlyyy

Because I've heard both albums...

, but you know that unwritten rule about NaS albums ALWAYS get better as the years go along (you know how Gods Son is a classic these days and all)...

Wanna talk about BELOW AVERAGE...
030901-nas-it_was_written.jpg

Be my guest...
harlem your talkin outta your %%%* right now.....in 1996 da source gave IWW 4 mics, same way they gave jay-z's reasonable doubt 4 mics...and they unrated BOTH albums.

people NEVER considered da album garbage..it was more along da lines of "ohh Nas looks like his video wasn't shot with a Hi8's camcorder...."we don't like him, he selling out!
indifferent.gif
"

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

I don't possibly understand how this could be a classic while IWW & Supreme Clientele aren't.

smh.gif

laugh.gif
thats all that really needs to be said...
this album is alright...at best

I mean the best song on this album (live me life) is like the 12th best song on it was written...

That song is like the 16th best song on supreme clientele...

I mean honestly Listening to i gave you Power 19 times in a row >> Listening to N.O.R.E. 

The only reason those albums are held in high acclaim is because the guys that made them...

If you listened to this album objectively with NO bias, you may enjoy them (if you have bad taste in music) but neither of those albums DESERVE to be mentions with REAL classic... Like N.O.R.E. & Please Hammer Don't Hurt'em...
indifferent.gif
"
They didn't??...

da camel was a nobody in 1996, so there goes your argument
laugh.gif

both those albums were underated in 96'....and are certified classics.

I've enjoyed NORE's music but he don't got no classics.

You going too far with SC Nay. Even if it aint a classic to you it's pure entertainment. It's not at the bottom of the barrel with IWW

this dude's quoting ghostface for incoherent raps but is praising nore in the same breath? take a seat, bruh.

N.O.R.E. > Athlete's foot > Supreme Cleintele > Please Hammer Don't Hurt'em > IWW

Not even going to stunt, I have never really felt compelled to listen to a NORE solo album
But you sat through Supreme Clientle & IWW without contemplating suicide??...

What kind of world are we living in...
smh.gif

GTFOHWTBS Nay... This mog said

"Put the bogey out in your face. Now your face laced like ash tray face"

This is what you defend Charlie???
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

I suppose that's no worse than:
Scientific, my hand kissed it
Robotic let's think optimistic
You probably missed it, watch me dolly %@%# it
Scotty watty cop it to me, big microphone hippie
Hit Poughkepsie crispy chicken verbs throw up a stone richie
Chop the O, sprinkle a lil' snow inside a Optimo
Swing the John McEnroe, rap rock'n'roll
Tidy Bowl, gung-ho pro, Starsky with the gumsole
Hit the rump slow, parole kids, live Rapunzel
but Ton' stizzy really high, the vivid laser eye guide
Jump in the Harley ride, Clarks I freak a lemon pie
I'm bout it, bout it - Lord forgive me, Ms. Sally shouted
Tracey got shot in the face, my house was overcrowded
You fake cats done heard it first
On how I %++%$*$ on your turf
at times, Cuban Link verse yo
Check out the rap kingpin, summertime fine jewelry drippin
Face in the box, I seen your ear twitchin
As soon as I drove off, Cap' came to me with three sawed-offs
Give one to Rae', let's season they broth
Lightning rod fever heaters, knock-kneeder Sheeba for hiva
Diva got rocked from the receiver bleeder
Portfolio, lookin fancy in the pantry
My man got bigger dimes son, your %@%% is scampi
Base that, throw what's in your mouth, don't waste that
See Ghost lampin in the throne with King Tut hat
Straight off
What in GODs name is he talkin about?? That is just ******ed... If I smoked 7 or 8 cocaine blunts and listened to Ghistface talk non stop for 45 minutes about what he's gonna do with his Wallabees this summer that MIGHT make a little bit of sense...

But it still wouldn't be good...

AT ALL...

Ghost's verse isn't that hard to understand at all. Yea it's random but most of the slang and references aren't difficult to breakdown.
The Nore joint is dope but I can't bump it regularly. 

Supreme Clientele>this

Originally Posted by ninjahood

indifferent.gif
"
They didn't??...

da camel was a nobody in 1996, so there goes your argument
laugh.gif

both those albums were underated in 96'....and are certified classics.

I was referring to Ghost & NaS... But Stedman could be included in there also... Because of their careers and the name they've built for themselves cats go back in time and try to label past works as classics as seen on NT with:
IWW
God's Son
!$%% even HHID...
Then you have My Lifetime Vol 1...
Fishcale...

A bunch of !$%% that just gets labeled classic because of the name/face on the cover and not the music on the actual album...

And its deffinetly a NYC classic, this is the soundtrack to a summer in NY...

I know its hard for most of you to appreciate an album, or recognize it as being a classic unless Jay Z, NaS, 2Pac or Biggie  made it...
smh.gif

I'll give you the NYC classic part of your statement because I think at the time N.O.R.E dropped this was true.  Not saying that I completely agree with you but this album was getting alot of spins, can't take that away.  However, true classics stands the test of times with the music still carrying on from year to year, with that being said I don't see N.O.R.E. as a true HIP HOP classic as you do.  The last part of your statement above is just pure nonsense but that's nothing new from you champ. 

In general this is a true statement regarding certain albums from certain rappers, I'm not pointing out anybody specifically but I feel as though certain albums get ranked or noted higher only because of the people that made the album versus the music that was displayed on the album. 

Body In the Trunk gets multiple spins from me to this day...I'm gonna have to put this in the whip now

Back
Top Bottom