Yooo, Kanye on Sway in the Morning. (updated)

Man, the tables are starting to turn. :smh:

Kanye will forever have a place in my heart. College Dropout, Late Registration were an instant classics, game-changers for me growing up.

Will he ever go back to being like that?

Will Em ever go back to being like he was for the Marshall Mathers LP?

Hov ever go back to being like he was on on Volume 2?

Nas ever gon' be as real as he was on Illmatic or even Stillmatic?

Nah man, times have changed. These artists have all sold out. The hunger is gone, the glimmer is gone. All we can really do is just remember the glory days and embrace and recognize when the next great rapper arrives, before he loses himself.

Don't bundle up Nas with those other clowns... have you actually listened to Life is Good?

I actually thoroughly enjoyed Yeezus the album.

It was decent bruh but definitely not a classic. Late Registration, College Dropout and Graduation man....

|I

That feel i got when I played Spaceship or Good Morning or Homecoming......

:smh:

I know in my heart of hearts he'll never come close to that type of music. Music you can relate to, feelings you've felt. Through life, through love, through college and work. Now he's so far gone from who he was he's lost sight of what made his music so relevant. Yeezus is a decent album, no doubt about it, but it's got little longterm replay value to me. It's not something I would play if I felt like reminiscing about a certain period of my life.

It's not even the best album of the year; even Born Sinner was a better effort. I need music that speaks to my soul and Yeezy just doesn't do it for me anymore.

as odd as it sounds to others, i feel this dude.

He's an inarticulate frustrated creative. it happens. Sometimes things can make complete sense in your head but you have no way of explaining it to others. Almost as though words werent sufficient. He's an artist and his work is driven by emotion so you have to understand the passion this man harbors. so when you get that passion, mixed with his frustration with the business and then throw in the media trying to skew everything he says and does, you get these outbursts/rants/etc. I currently work as head art director at an ad agency here in NY. I KNOW this dudes feels. Theres nothing more frustrating than a company encouraging thinking outside of the box and innovation (because it sounds good) and then not allowing you to do so. Being creative and innovative is often encouraged because its a step to progression and it sounds ideal, but seldom is it allowed. Esp with large companies like coca cola, corona, and plenty others. That frustration can be quite difficult to express to others. i know from experience. ive been dealing with it the last few years and ive almost snapped plenty of times. so ye, dont eemb trip. i feel you dawgie.

</yeezyrant>

Hmm... Looking forward to hearing this.

I'll never listen to anyone's take on Kanye interviews, because I feel like a lot of people aren't understanding in the first place so I never agree. I don't agree with everything Ye does or says either, but I see the direction.

Is putting out clothes really that serious? I dont understand the significance of this, someone please explain.

He's always been fashion conscious. He's reached a point where he feels like the world monitors and emulates what he wears and sees it as an opportunity to have a big say in the fashion world but he's just a rapper :frown:

You can tell he's frustrated. The "do it yourself" criticism has been going around for a while. Ecko and other people said it in interviews. Soon as he heard it from Sway and was confronted by it, he just went off. He spent 13 million apparently trying to do it himself and failed. He's not trying to make Ecko, Rocawear, or Sean John. He wants to do it at the highest level: YSL, Polo, Burberry, etc. That's what he's working for. It's difficult to enter that tier of clothing brands. It's not as easy as people make it seem when they say "just do it yourself."

At the same time, the guy is a walking contradiction. He talks so fervently about being slaves to consumerism yet at the same time talks so fervently about wanting to be a high end company like Ralph Lauren.

Last edited:
Is putting out clothes really that serious? I dont understand the significance of this, someone please explain.

Kanye is like the kid that doesn't get any PT and swears its because the coach doesn't like him.

Like, you're good enough to make the squad, but I'm def not putting the ball in your hands.

I just hate how Kanye acts like we should care that his fashion endeavors aren't working or that he's lost money. You aren't special, b. People lose money everyday, people are out of work, you aren't Jesus. So shut the f up. That's how I view it. 

Last edited:
It was decent bruh but definitely not a classic. Late Registration, College Dropout and Graduation man....

|I

That feel i got when I played Spaceship or Good Morning or Homecoming......

:smh:

I know in my heart of hearts he'll never come close to that type of music. Music you can relate to, feelings you've felt. Through life, through love, through college and work. Now he's so far gone from who he was he's lost sight of what made his music so relevant. Yeezus is a decent album, no doubt about it, but it's got little longterm replay value to me. It's not something I would play if I felt like reminiscing about a certain period of my life.

It's not even the best album of the year; even Born Sinner was a better effort. I need music that speaks to my soul and Yeezy just doesn't do it for me anymore.

I agree with everything you just said 100% well cept the Born Sinner part ONLY because I didn't listen to it. (i rarely listen to any rap for that matter, outside of some trap/club future/yo gotti steez)

I feel like Kanye just wants to do what he wants, and a lot of his fans just want him pigeon holed into that ol school 'ye. So that frustration is apparent in him and all this backlash he gets. Its a combo of us his people saying, "damn ye, calm down homie" and his "haters" saying, "sit down and shut up"

Hmm... Looking forward to hearing this.

I'll never listen to anyone's take on Kanye interviews, because I feel like a lot of people aren't understanding in the first place so I never agree. I don't agree with everything Ye does or says either, but I see the direction.

Bingo.

There's also another quote in the music forum that says maybe he has a hard time trying to say the exact thing he trying to get across

He's always been fashion conscious. He's reached a point where he feels like the world monitors and emulates what he wears and sees it as an opportunity to have a big say in the fashion world but he's just a rapper
frown.gif
I dont get what the fixation with high fashion is though, why cant he just take his ideas and start a Rocawear or Sean John type thing and have the same amount of influence? Its not like it would matter, his name on it is what matters. The guy sold a $200 white tee like Stillin said.

Don't bundle up Nas with those other clowns... have you actually listened to Life is Good?

It's decent man but it's not a classic. He hasn't had the same touch since God's Son. He's had a few good singles here and there but def hasn't put out a completely solid outing.

And just a lot of his personal decisions VS who he portrays himself as on his music I just can't get with man. I'm not going to get into all that right now because God knows that's an entirely different topic.

as odd as it sounds to others, i feel this dude.

He's an inarticulate frustrated creative. it happens. Sometimes things can make complete sense in your head but you have no way of explaining it to others. Almost as though words werent sufficient. He's an artist and his work is driven by emotion so you have to understand the passion this man harbors. so when you get that passion, mixed with his frustration with the business and then throw in the media trying to skew everything he says and does, you get these outbursts/rants/etc. I currently work as head art director at an ad agency here in NY. I KNOW this dudes feels. Theres nothing more frustrating than a company encouraging thinking outside of the box and innovation (because it sounds good) and then not allowing you to do so. Being creative and innovative is often encouraged because its a step to progression and it sounds ideal, but seldom is it allowed. Esp with large companies like coca cola, corona, and plenty others. That frustration can be quite difficult to express to others. i know from experience. ive been dealing with it the last few years and ive almost snapped plenty of times. so ye, dont eemb trip. i feel you dawgie.

Draper?

I was at his show this past Saturday and I had a lot of fun......listening to music.

Once he went on his tangents I just tuned out.

He's out here trying to change the world and all that through fashion. Why can't he do it through music? It's been done before.

It's decent man but it's not a classic. He hasn't had the same touch since God's Son. He's had a few good singles here and there but def hasn't put out a completely solid outing.

And just a lot of his personal decisions VS who he portrays himself as on his music I just can't get with man. I'm not going to get into all that right now because God knows that's an entirely different topic.
is your listening to Nas for the singles, you're not actually listening to Nas. lol

Who does Nas actually portray himself as other than himself?

Kanye is like the kid that doesn't get any PT and swears its because the coach doesn't like him.

Like, you're good enough to make the squad, but I'm def not putting the ball in your hands.

I wish i had more then one rep to give you

He is throwing temper tantrums because he is fed up....ok cool. Shut up and practice already. Its funny but whether or not he believes it....we buy things...because we.....get this....like them :wow: you ain't got to do all this yelling....make cool stuff and we will buy it. It's that simple. Make college drop out...we buy it...make yeezus...we download....make yeezys we buy....make a "hip hop t shirt" we laugh (and apprently still buy :lol:)

This guy is the biggest idiot, its unreal.

He's like one of those instagram models, cause he thinks hes way more important then he really is.

He keeps comparing himself to steve jobs, walmart, etc yet cries that companies don't let him do their own thing. Well start your own company, steve jobs got his own company, all these other guys don't get told what to do which is the position he wants to be in, yet he compares himself to them lol.

Idc if he lost 13 million, put all your money into the business then if you really believe in yourself as much as he does. He says hes the greatest living thing on earth, so start your own thing. He had a runway show in Paris and that failed miserably, it was the laughing stock in fashion for a little bit. 

He's not really as great as he says he is, he doesn't influence as many people as he thinks he does and that pisses him off. 

He's always been fashion conscious. He's reached a point where he feels like the world monitors and emulates what he wears and sees it as an opportunity to have a big say in the fashion world but he's just a rapper
frown.gif
I dont get what the fixation with high fashion is though, why cant he just take his ideas and start a Rocawear or Sean John type thing and have the same amount of influence? Its not like it would matter, his name on it is what matters. The guy sold a $200 white tee like Stillin said.

see below:

You can tell he's frustrated. The "do it yourself" criticism has been going around for a while. Ecko and other people said it in interviews. Soon as he heard it from Sway and was confronted by it, he just went off. He spent 13 million apparently trying to do it himself and failed. He's not trying to make Ecko, Rocawear, or Sean John. He wants to do it at the highest level: YSL, Polo, Burberry, etc. That's what he's working for. It's difficult to enter that tier of clothing brands. It's not as easy as people make it seem when they say "just do it yourself."

At the same time, the guy is a walking contradiction. He talks so fervently about being slaves to consumerism yet at the same time talks so fervently about wanting to be a high end company like Ralph Lauren.

Last edited:
Kanye is just coming off as that kid that grew up always trying to prove himself, was always denied, even when he brought up his step brother, he always also brings up how labels passed him over, how even Jay kind of dreaded him, now he finds himself at the top, a decent hip hop artist, a fashion icon (lettuce not fool ourselves) and dude is up there not trying to be denied anymore, dude is simply emotionally broken...

One thing is for sure, dude is influential, I just find it ironic that he puts designer brands on blast, yet he's their biggest promoter....dude got his fans brainwashed into spending hundreds on clothes he wears, I can almost bet if he gets what he wants, his brand won't be sold at target, he's gonna wanna put a high price tag on it, which will suck for his followers who will go through ***** to afford his stuff...

Back
Top Bottom